Lazyboss

Trophies
XP
Country
United Arab Emirates
They will shit on PC again.

Every year we get a new Assassin's Creed, this is silly.
In the next few comment someone will ask if it's going to be on the Switch.

Ritsuki

ORAORAORAORA
Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
It looks like Assassin's creed Origins but in Greece... And it's a bit weird because now Origins is not the first one in the chronology anymore, Odyssey is... Which is just confusing... Anyway, wait and see

gameboy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
wtf happened to assisins creed? i didnt see any stealth or anything, just a beat'em up with damage numbers in an action rpg

dimmidice

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Hopefully it has more black flag type of ship gameplay rather than origins kind of ship gameplay. Hell all i want from AC is black flag 2 tbh. Let me buy more and bigger ships instead of one, expand the whole ship aspect a bit and i got my ideal game.

Jiehfeng

The One
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Sri Lanka
Alright, after watching all the gameplay and the trailer, I can safely say that this is a straight rip off of Origins. They basically copied all of the assets over to a new project, altered them slightly to look Greek, as there is not much difference in Egyptian and Greece architecture (probably why they chose Greece, less work...). Having played Origins recently, I surprisingly can notice a huge load of things that are also there in this game. The floors, buildings, models all look the same, only slightly altered. Animations are the same as well as the sounds (like running, horses, etc). Combat is obviously the same too. This game was probably thought of during the development of Origins, and I believe they chose to limit themselves in Origins (like graphically), to then just go with the max graphics in Odyssey to make it look like it's a new game. The HUD is also the same, literally. I understand it's the same engine, but what's the point of almost nothing is different?

This is worse than the switch from Unity to Syndicate, even that switch gave a good attempt at differentiating the games. This is just a straight up copy, the release date proves it even further.
I hope it improves upon the previous game however, hopefully the skills and mechanics are even more fun to play with and the bugs are dealt with.

Last edited by Jiehfeng,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Keep current Gen consoles stock mod last gen imo