Hardware Asian Version 3DS

klim28

Hunter4Life
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I've got my 3DS yesterday from a local store here in the Philippines. And its Asian Version. Is there really such a thing? It says on the box "ASI". Its in complete English. The 3DS itself, manuals, box, leaflets, etc. And the lady in the story tells its really an Asian version. And the store only sells US version games. Luckily its compatible.

So that being an Asian Version 3DS means its also compatible with Jap version games? Sorry just a noob question. I also want to have those games. And if its compatible, I'll be much happy to import.

Thanks

D

Deleted_171835

AFAIK, there are only three different types of 3DS systems (USA, PAL and JAP).

If it plays US 3DS games, then it must be a USA 3DS system and is not able to play PAL and JAP. I have never heard of an 'ASI' version 3DS. Do you mind taking a picture of the box?

klim28

Hunter4Life
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Sorry low quality pics. Phone cam.

Photo0017.jpg

Photo0018.jpg

I have with me Pilotwings Resort and Nintendogs + Cats

D

Deleted_171835

The box looks legitimate.

Go into the 'Settings' and check what firmware the system is running. The firmware should be on the bottom right of the top screen.

spiritofcat

Trophies
XP
Country
klim28 said:
I have with me Pilotwings Resort and Nintendogs + Cats
Photos of the game cartridges might be useful too. The serial code on them might tell us something about their region.

D

Deleted_171835

klim28 said:
Its Ver. 1.1.0-OU

I don't know what that means.
It must be a USA region 3DS, then. That's the firmware used for USA 3DS consoles. As to why the box says ASI, I don't have a clue.

Slyakin

See ya suckers
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
SoulSnatcher said:
klim28 said:
Its Ver. 1.1.0-OU

It must be a USA region 3DS, then. That's the firmware used for USA 3DS consoles. As to why the box says ASI, I don't have a clue.
My 3DS says 1.1.0-1U. I don't have an O anywhere in that... Unless he meant zero.

D

Deleted_171835

Slyakin said:
SoulSnatcher said:
klim28 said:
Its Ver. 1.1.0-OU

My 3DS says 1.1.0-1U. I don't have an O anywhere in that... Unless he meant zero.
That's the stock firmware. The firmware before the update.

Chris_Skylock

Trophies
Website
www.friendster.com
XP
Country
It's a Singaporean model. Ive been watching NIntendo Singapore for years. DOnt worry, Singaporean Nintendo uses 220v and US system

What is the first three letters in the serial code (like TWL for the DSi)

PS: There's no Nintendo Singapore website but there were Nintendo products in SIngapore that are legit and uses 220v with US units.

IM planning to buy one locally but I dont know if I can register it on my US club Nintendo account so please provide the 3-letter code in the serial number.

--

Here's my million dollars question:

How much did you bought? Magkano pinagbili mo dyan?

klim28

Hunter4Life
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
^
You can't register it a Club Nintendo. Already tried it
frown.gif

Thanks for your answer.

Anyways... 13500 minus 500 pag cash
smile.gif
Roughly $300 @_@

and its very nice if its true that this Asian Version 3DS can play both US and JP games
biggrin.gif

chris888222

GBAtemp's Flygon Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
Chris_Skylock said:
It's a Singaporean model. Ive been watching NIntendo Singapore for years. DOnt worry, Singaporean Nintendo uses 220v and US system

What is the first three letters in the serial code (like TWL for the DSi)

PS: There's no Nintendo Singapore website but there were Nintendo products in SIngapore that are legit and uses 220v with US units.

IM planning to buy one locally but I dont know if I can register it on my US club Nintendo account so please provide the 3-letter code in the serial number.

--

Here's my million dollars question:

How much did you bought? Magkano pinagbili mo dyan?
Yes, it is a singapore model. Singapore uses US sets and just changes the charger to a compatible 220 - 240V one.

How much did you buy your 3DS anyway? I don't think it is cheap in the Philippines; Singapore is already selling it for S$399.

Nollog

Trophies
XP
Country
Ireland
Nintendo releases in other regions outside europe, japan and ameria.
Asian is probably their region-free version, for emerging markets in Asia, like China for instance.
One of the many perks of being poor.

spiritofcat

Trophies
XP
Country
If the Asian version really is region free then I imagine a lot of people in the rest of the world are going to want to import them.

punkyrule

Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
klim28 said:
I've got my 3DS yesterday from a local store here in the Philippines. And its Asian Version. Is there really such a thing? It says on the box "ASI". Its in complete English. The 3DS itself, manuals, box, leaflets, etc. And the lady in the story tells its really an Asian version. And the store only sells US version games. Luckily its compatible.

So that being an Asian Version 3DS means its also compatible with Jap version games? Sorry just a noob question. I also want to have those games. And if its compatible, I'll be much happy to import.

Thanks

I have the same problem. I saw (and was about to buy) a 3DS, maybe the local store you've mentioned in the Philippines is Data Blitz? Right? I asked the sales man there if they have the US version but said that it was Asian, and said that it was in English and US games are compatible. Should I buy?
unsure.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: 24,000 hmmmm lol