Hardware Are these two RAM compatible with my notebook?

gengardenne

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I tried placing my new RAM purchased past week,but when then I booted my pc it don't loaded the BIOS remaining on black screen status.
My pc is an ACER aspire E5-7711G i5
The RAM pre-installed on my pc has the seguent feaures:
4 GB DDRL3 KINGSTON
single channel
1600MHz PC3-12800
DRAM frequency 799.9 MHz
1.35 V

The new one I taken instead is:
8 GB DDR3L KINGSTON KVR16LS11/8 model
? channel(still don't know)
1600 MHz PC3-12800
DRAM should be exactly like mine
1.35 V

Both are of the same type,same voltage,same clock's speed and same brand but it given me problem on booting
Maybe I wronged placing the RAM on the slot?Because placing them I switched the position of the first RAM from first to second ,and I placed the new one on slot one.
Also I seen moving the RAM from a slot to another I changed the position of it because there is only a way to place it having only a space where insert the RAM correctly.

Below there is a image with both RAM so you can see them and say me if there is a difference also for form

Attachments

• Cattura RAM.JPG
    Cattura RAM.JPG
    71.2 KB · Views: 234
Last edited by gengardenne,

Skyshadow101

The Sky Is The Limit!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I tried placing my new RAM purchased past week,but when then I booted my pc it don't loaded the BIOS remaining on black screen status.
4 GB DDRL3 KINGSTON
single channel
1600MHz PC3-12800
DRAM frequency 799.9 MHz
1.35 V

1600 MHz PC3-12800
1.35 V

Both are of the same type,same voltage,same clock's speed and same brand but it given me problem on booting
Maybe I wronged placing the RAM on the slot?Because placing them I switched the position of the first RAM from first to second ,and I placed the new one on slot one.
Also I seen moving the RAM from a slot to another I changed the position of it because there is only a way to place it having only a space where insert the RAM correctly.

Below there is a image with both RAM so you can see them and say me if there is a difference also for form

The channel, IIRC, is just how many RAM sticks are working together, if any.

Try removing the original ram stick and booting from the new one, see if that works.

EDIT: Why did you cover up the stickers on the ram? It might help us solve your problem.

Last edited by Skyshadow101,

gengardenne

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
The channel, IIRC, is just how many RAM sticks are working together, if any.

Try removing the original ram stick and booting from the new one, see if that works.

EDIT: Why did you cover up the stickers on the ram? It might help us solve your problem.

I tried removing the original one but my pc don't booted then :(
Sorry I'll add a new photo later also if all the informations are showen on my first message.

But which are the feauture give compatibility with a specific pc?I buyed mine looking to the same brand,size,frequency,SODIMM type,DDR3,voltage,ecc...but this seem to be not enough
Ok much company give on browser some ways to see if a RAM is compatible with a model in particular but this is not clear and completed

I can't buy a RAM if then also if I looked all the features like the pre-installed it is not compatible

gengardenne

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
But if I place a not compatible RAM on a slot of my notebook and then I boot the system can motherboard burn itself?
Because I seen something similar to that if a RAM is mount in wrong way

I would try booting and waiting 2/3 minutes but I'm scared if then I do damage to the pc doing it with the wrong RAM

Skyshadow101

The Sky Is The Limit!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
But if I place a not compatible RAM on a slot of my notebook and then I boot the system can motherboard burn itself?
Because I seen something similar to that if a RAM is mount in wrong way

I would try booting and waiting 2/3 minutes but I'm scared if then I do damage to the pc doing it with the wrong RAM

No, it won't burn, (where did you get that from?).

Most motherboards only mount one-way, so you can't really mount it wrong.

Try to wait, that's your best bet if you're confident you got the right RAM.

I used Crucial's RAM compatibility program, and here are the results.

http://www.crucial.com/usa/en/compatible-upgrade-for/Acer/aspire-e5-771g

If all goes wrong, try to return the ram you got and get one off Crucial, as they say it is guaranteed to work.

gengardenne

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
No, it won't burn, (where did you get that from?).

Most motherboards only mount one-way, so you can't really mount it wrong.

Try to wait, that's your best bet if you're confident you got the right RAM.

I used Crucial's RAM compatibility program, and here are the results.

http://www.crucial.com/usa/en/compatible-upgrade-for/Acer/aspire-e5-771g

If all goes wrong, try to return the ram you got and get one off Crucial, as they say it is guaranteed to work.

I seen information from another forum but don't remmeber which was.
Thank your for the URL but I've already seen that and infact it say their RAM is compatible with mine pc but the RAM I've right now is from amazon and I should give it back

And yes there is a only a method to place the RAM so I think is not possible mount it wrong

If it can't burn I'll try again placing it for the last time and waiting some minutes.

Reactions: Skyshadow101

Skyshadow101

The Sky Is The Limit!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I seen information from another forum but don't remmeber which was.
Thank your for the URL but I've already seen that and infact it say their RAM is compatible with mine pc but the RAM I've right now is from amazon and I should give it back

And yes there is a only a method to place the RAM so I think is not possible mount it wrong

If it can't burn I'll try again placing it for the last time and waiting some minutes.

Post results!

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
I tried removing the original one but my pc don't booted then :(
Sorry I'll add a new photo later also if all the informations are showen on my first message.

But which are the feauture give compatibility with a specific pc?I buyed mine looking to the same brand,size,frequency,SODIMM type,DDR3,voltage,ecc...but this seem to be not enough
Ok much company give on browser some ways to see if a RAM is compatible with a model in particular but this is not clear and completed

I can't buy a RAM if then also if I looked all the features like the pre-installed it is not compatible
As far as I can tell, it should work just fine. I'm really not sure why it isn't working for you. It's possible the RAM could be faulty, it does happen on occasion with brand new RAM sticks.
Try with only the 8GB stick and try it in both slots.

gengardenne

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
As far as I can tell, it should work just fine. I'm really not sure why it isn't working for you. It's possible the RAM could be faulty, it does happen on occasion with brand new RAM sticks.

Tried again yesterday for the last time and after placed only the new stick and after waited 1 minute and half hoping the BIOS booted instead my pc given only black screen.
Someone said me could be a problem of chip and this would be the incompatibility but at the moment I wasn't able to place the RAM into another pc to check if it is faulty

gengardenne

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy

Tried on both slot with only the new one placed and back screen is the final value.
The second slot almost blocked the stick on my computer also if the blocks were exapanded! I don't think to have mount it wrong because I tried more times and always with the "clack" sound

So the final step to do is to check with the notebook of a my friend to verify if it works

Sketchy1

gbatemp's shadiest warez dealer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
4 GB DDRL3 KINGSTON
single channel
1600MHz PC3-12800
DRAM frequency 799.9 MHz
1.35 V

1600 MHz PC3-12800
1.35 V

This is probably gonna sound stupid, but does the PC itself actually support more then 4gb RAM? Like, it says so in the spec sheet?

Last edited by Sketchy1,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them +1