• Replies 82
  • Likes 1

Mr. Wizard

Ending the spread of bullshit one thread at a time
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
No idea, but even with shipping it only came out to ~$63, and I ordered Saturday night from Amazon JPN and it's scheduled to be here today. Worth it, imo.
Ya that's not too bad, I have the page open, game in my cart, mouse hovering over the checkout button, seriously considering it...

rizzod

Not a New Member
Trophies
XP
Country
I have to admit I'm starting to sweat a little. Where are these 3rd party developers Nintendo was talking about. Why hasn't anyone shown what they are working on for the Switch? I really really hope they are just waiting to blow everyone's mind at E3. I really really do.

I hope this guy is completely wrong...

Yeah, well.. Colin is a PlayStation fanboy. So, anything any other company is doing is wrong to him.

Mr. Wizard

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Yeah, well.. Colin is a PlayStation fanboy. So, anything any other company is doing is wrong to him.
He did make some good points though. All I have seen are indie titles and ports so far. It's almost been a month since launch and not even a peep from anyone on what they are working on...

Reactions: DrkBeam

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I never liked tetris, and the only experience i have with a puyo puyo game is Dr.Eggman Mean Bean Machine On genesis. Since is like on every sonic game collection, i naturally was curious about it, though i didn't like it much either. I think is a better challenge to tetris and a bit more fun but i just don't like these kinds of "Think fast" puzzle games. After trying to salvage the trophy needed for platinum in Sonic Ultimate Genesis collection on ps3, i was convinced i'm done with the game.

Now they combine them together? I wonder how Russian style puzzle combine with anime story and japan puzzle games work in 2017. :creep:

Mr. Wizard

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I never liked tetris, and the only experience i have with a puyo puyo game is Dr.Eggman Mean Bean Machine On genesis. Since is like on every sonic game collection, i naturally was curious about it, though i didn't like it much either. I think is a better challenge to tetris and a bit more fun but i just don't like these kinds of "Think fast" puzzle games. After trying to salvage the trophy needed for platinum in Sonic Ultimate Genesis collection on ps3, i was convinced i'm done with the game.

Now they combine them together? I wonder how Russian style puzzle combine with anime story and japan puzzle games work in 2017. :creep:
There are different game modes, you can play just tetris or just puyo puyo, or a combination or other various modes. If I do get it when it releases in english it will just be for the tetris part I hate puyo puyo.

fatsquirrel

Trophies
XP
Country
Puyo puyo was released on WiiU as was also Mario Kart 8. So...again, not a single reason for me to buy a Switch....unfortunately :/

leonmagnus99

Trophies
XP
Country
Iraq
I wound up importing Disgaea since it's in English anyway and about the same price it would cost at release. Should be here this afternoon, which is good since I finished Zelda last week and have just been playing random games--Alienation, Mirrors Edge, etc.

where did you find it for the same price ?
it is over 74$ on amazon, that is why i held back on buying Disgaea5 C.
(and could you please confirm something for me when you get the game, is all of the dialogue in english with the jap version ?)

i need a full game for my switch just so i finally use it, i am waiting for 24th though XD
at least then i will use my switch for some hours i guess, Splatoon2 test fire thingie.

but after that i will need a game until 28th of april MK8D (yes nintendo is making me buy the same game again, i have no choice QvQ')..

Last edited by leonmagnus99,

Mr. Wizard

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Dammit someone convince me to buy this game! The jew in me just can't do it. Should I wait 2 months or spend $20 dollars more and get it now... Sigh...

JAPAN

Order Summary
Items: ¥ 5,994
Shipping & Handling: ¥ 853
Import Fees Deposit ¥ 741
Order Total: ¥ 7,588 = $91.12CDN
-------------------------------------------------------------
CANADA Pre-Order
Order Summary
Items: CDN$ 79.99
Shipping & Handling: CDN$ 0.00
Prime Savings: -CDN$ 16.00

Total before tax: CDN$ 63.99
Estimated GST/HST: CDN$ 3.20
Estimated PST/RST/QST: CDN$ 4.48
Order Total: CDN$ 71.67

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

where did you find it for the same price ?
it is over 74$ on amazon, that is why i held back on buying Disgaea5 C.
(and could you please confirm something for me when you get the game, is all of the dialogue in english with the jap version ?)

i need a full game for my switch just so i finally use it, i am waiting for 24th though XD
at least then i will use my switch for some hours i guess, Splatoon2 test fire thingie.

but after that i will need a game until 28th of april MK8D (yes nintendo is making me buy the same game again, i have no choice QvQ')..
It's $68 USD on amazon.co.jp including shipping and import and all that. At least it is for me I get a Prime discount on games. And yes it supports english.

Last edited by Mr. Wizard,
Reactions: leonmagnus99

leonmagnus99

Trophies
XP
Country
Iraq
Dammit someone convince me to buy this game! The jew in me just can't do it. Should I wait 2 months or spend $20 dollars more and get it now... Sigh...

JAPAN

Order Summary
Items: ¥ 5,994
Shipping & Handling: ¥ 853
Import Fees Deposit ¥ 741
Order Total: ¥ 7,588 = $91.12CDN
-------------------------------------------------------------
CANADA Pre-Order
Order Summary
Items: CDN$ 79.99
Shipping & Handling: CDN$ 0.00
Prime Savings: -CDN$ 16.00

Total before tax: CDN$ 63.99
Estimated GST/HST: CDN$ 3.20
Estimated PST/RST/QST: CDN$ 4.48
Order Total: CDN$ 71.67

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

It's $68 USD on amazon.co.jp including shipping and import and all that. At least it is for me I get a Prime discount on games. And yes it supports english.

holy f**k that is still pricey AsF.

T T ...........................

No idea, but even with shipping it only came out to ~$63, and I ordered Saturday night from Amazon JPN and it's scheduled to be here today. Worth it, imo.

can i order from Amazon.co.jp ? if yes how ?
do i have to make a jap amazon account , and then if i change the languauge to english and just give them my credit details, and the shipping address (i use a proxy which is based in America).
will they actually ship it there? will they charge my proxy any money though?

Mr. Wizard

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
holy f**k that is still pricey AsF.

T T ...........................

can i order from Amazon.co.jp ? if yes how ?
do i have to make a jap amazon account , and then if i change the languauge to english and just give them my credit details, and the shipping address (i use a proxy which is based in America).
will they actually ship it there? will they charge my proxy any money though?
Just use your same account, you will have to add a fake japanese address. You can still ship it anywhere you want using global shipping.

Here is a very good guide:

https://imgur.com/gallery/U10N5#ZTXqtH3

Oh and did someone say TT ???!!!??!??!?"

Last edited by Mr. Wizard,

Jonna

Some sort of musician.
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
Canada
Yes, that's exactly what MK8D is and it's not a bad thing at all.
Not a bad thing, I was just saying it might have not live long enough past the extra content to continue entertaining you.

But the rest of your post shows you still enjoy MK8 to this day. I'm not one to stomp on another guy's party, so I'll agree that in that case, yep, you are cool to want it. I don't ever want to tell some one not to have fun!

Reactions: Saiyan Lusitano

leonmagnus99

Trophies
XP
Country
Iraq
Just use your same account, you will have to add a fake japanese address. You can still ship it anywhere you want using global shipping.

Here is a very good guide:

https://imgur.com/gallery/U10N5#ZTXqtH3

Oh and did someone say TT ???!!!??!??!?"

cool thanks, i may try it sometime , but i prefer amazon com.

btw. with T T (i meant it as some kind of icon, it is a crying face).
that song, is is girls generation? i used to like kpop back in 2006, groups like super junior/big bang etc.

but then it became too mainstream'ish XD and everything sounded the same.
now i only at times listen to some jrock/pop song, but i mostly listen to old school hip hop (pac/djquik/biggie/eazy/warreng/nate etc.)

alpha_noj

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I
cool thanks, i may try it sometime , but i prefer amazon com.

btw. with T T (i meant it as some kind of icon, it is a crying face).
that song, is is girls generation? i used to like kpop back in 2006, groups like super junior/big bang etc.

but then it became too mainstream'ish XD and everything sounded the same.
now i only at times listen to some jrock/pop song, but i mostly listen to old school hip hop (pac/djquik/biggie/eazy/warreng/nate etc.)
Actually didn't need to make a fake Japanese address. I used the same email for my US Amazon account, but did have to make a new account with it. Added to cart, when it asked for shipping and billing info I just got change or something like that and it never bothered with another address, just mine. It added all conversions and shipping, and came out to $63. Make sure to order from Amazon and not a third party.

EDIT: and it just arrived thru DHL, so had to sign. Fully in English without changing any settings, says there are no updates right now, and seems like it will give us My Nintendo coins when the US version releases--it says "this software isn't available in your region yet" or something along those lines. Take that with a grain of salt though.

Last edited by alpha_noj, , Reason: Update

leonmagnus99

Trophies
XP
Country
Iraq
I

Actually didn't need to make a fake Japanese address. I used the same email for my US Amazon account, but did have to make a new account with it. Added to cart, when it asked for shipping and billing info I just got change or something like that and it never bothered with another address, just mine. It added all conversions and shipping, and came out to $63. Make sure to order from Amazon and not a third party.

EDIT: and it just arrived thru DHL, so had to sign. Fully in English without changing any settings, says there are no updates right now, and seems like it will give us My Nintendo coins when the US version releases--it says "this software isn't available in your region yet" or something along those lines. Take that with a grain of salt though.
nice, 63$ is fair enough for me.
what about tax bro?

i am using a proxy, it is based in america.
if i ship to them, will it be 63$ in total? are they going to have to pay some tax when they receive the item?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/86HNVHp9ts4?si=ZtnzsnhlNxNN-Fnu