• Replies 82
  • Likes 1

sarkwalvein

There's hope for a Xenosaga port.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
lmao feel so sorry for Switch owners....well i guess not they made the stupid decision. have fun waiting till Christmas for another exclusive game worth owning.
Why are people so close minded to think that one only owns a Switch?
Perhaps they are such fanboys themselves that they believe in infinite fidelity to just one brand.
I have around 40 games on back catalog on XB1S, I think "waiting" will not be a problem.

alpha_noj

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
nice, 63$ is fair enough for me.
what about tax bro?

i am using a proxy, it is based in america.
if i ship to them, will it be 63$ in total? are they going to have to pay some tax when they receive the item?
That's the final price, shipped (well, some change). Amazon charges like $2 to convert everything, but I'm not sure on taxes and the like. May be something you're supposed to claim on taxes every year, but again I'm not familiar with it. Price varies a bit day by day since it's based on the Yen also.

Reactions: leonmagnus99

Bonestorm

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Why are people so close minded to think that one only owns a Switch?
Perhaps they are such fanboys themselves that they believe in infinite fidelity to just one brand.
I have around 40 games on back catalog on XB1S, I think "waiting" will not be a problem.
I don't recall saying any of the shit you just made up. You have other consoles that's great, i'm talking about the Switch and its OBVIOUS lack of games. If you live in Canada for example and you spent $500 on the Switch...well a fool and his money part easily.

sarkwalvein

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I don't recall saying any of the shit you just made up. You have other consoles that's great, i'm talking about the Switch and its OBVIOUS lack of games. If you live in Canada for example and you spent $500 on the Switch...well a fool and his money part easily.
I think you are putting in a pedestal a mere CA$500.

leonmagnus99

Trophies
XP
Country
Iraq
That's the final price, shipped (well, some change). Amazon charges like $2 to convert everything, but I'm not sure on taxes and the like. May be something you're supposed to claim on taxes every year, but again I'm not familiar with it. Price varies a bit day by day since it's based on the Yen also.

alright ,thank ya!
so i only need to make a jap amazon account and then i can simply have them ship the game to the u.s address that i use ya?

Mr. Wizard

Ending the spread of bullshit one thread at a time
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I

Actually didn't need to make a fake Japanese address. I used the same email for my US Amazon account, but did have to make a new account with it. Added to cart, when it asked for shipping and billing info I just got change or something like that and it never bothered with another address, just mine. It added all conversions and shipping, and came out to $63. Make sure to order from Amazon and not a third party.

EDIT: and it just arrived thru DHL, so had to sign. Fully in English without changing any settings, says there are no updates right now, and seems like it will give us My Nintendo coins when the US version releases--it says "this software isn't available in your region yet" or something along those lines. Take that with a grain of salt though.

Oh right, you only need a fake address for the eshop cards because they are region locked...

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

nice, 63$ is fair enough for me.
what about tax bro?

i am using a proxy, it is based in america.
if i ship to them, will it be 63$ in total? are they going to have to pay some tax when they receive the item?
Amazon estimates the duty and tax and adds it to the price at purchase (import fees), sometimes you get a small refund if customs accepts less than what you paid at time of purchase.

Reactions: leonmagnus99

Captain_N

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
all these players cant wait for mario kart 8, a game thats been out for 3 years. and its the exact same. cept for the battle mode... big deal. wheres mario kart 9.

Mr. Wizard

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
It is because of taxes. To which tax office/country do they pay the VAT/GST corresponding to the digital purchase, that is based on the address.
You don't pay tax on eshop cards like any other gift card, taxes are charged at the time when you use the gift card. Nintendo gift cards are region locked, you cannot use a japan card on a NA account, etc. etc..

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
all these players cant wait for mario kart 8, a game thats been out for 3 years. and its the exact same. cept for the battle mode... big deal. wheres mario kart 9.
Can't wait to play a game I skipped because I skipped a console.

sarkwalvein

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
You don't pay tax on eshop cards like any other gift card, taxes are charged at the time when you use the gift card. Nintendo gift cards are region locked, you cannot use a japan card on a NA account, etc. etc..
You pay tax when you buy the game in the eShop with the given money.
The tax you are paying is going to Japan, that is made after you purchase digitally.
The eShop card, as well as the address in the credit card, is to kind of make sure that you really should pay taxes in that country.
You can bypass that by buying the eShop card or faking the address and using a credit card, and in a certain way you are doing some tax evasion/misdirection, but I would keep quiet about that, because no one seems to care.

Mr. Wizard

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Can't wait to play a game I skipped because I skipped a console.
Yep, I haven't had a nintendo console since gamecube, so I'm excited. I did have a 3DS though, and for me the Switch is like going from a ps1 to a ps4.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

cool thanks, i may try it sometime , but i prefer amazon com.

btw. with T T (i meant it as some kind of icon, it is a crying face).
that song, is is girls generation? i used to like kpop back in 2006, groups like super junior/big bang etc.

but then it became too mainstream'ish XD and everything sounded the same.
now i only at times listen to some jrock/pop song, but i mostly listen to old school hip hop (pac/djquik/biggie/eazy/warreng/nate etc.)
I can't believe you just admitted that. Actually I was just making fun of you for using that emote, they use it in the video.

Just a lolz moment, sorry, I'm a jerk... With assburgers.

giphy.gif

Last edited by Mr. Wizard,
Reactions: Kioku

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Reasons MK8 Deluxe is better:

- No 59 fps BS stutter (seriously, what half-assed reason was there for the WIi U version doing that?_
- Proper battle mode
- More characters/courses
- All DLC included
- Dual items like Double Dash
- Full 1080p 60 fps

It's everything the Wii U version should've been

S

Saiyan Lusitano

OP
lmao feel so sorry for Switch owners....well i guess not they made the stupid decision. have fun waiting till Christmas for another exclusive game worth owning.
Heh. True.

On the bright side, I got it for way cheaper than the retail price so even if I just leave it being a dust collector it's okay.

Mr. Wizard

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Your guy's comments hold true for almost every console ever released. Keep coming with the shots guys, we can take it. Been there done that.

giphy.gif

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
No complaints about release schedule here, free beta for Splatoon 2 starts tomorrow and lasts a few days. Two days after it ends, both Has-Been Heroes and Snake Pass release, and I'll be getting both. I've still got a fair amount of Zelda to play as well, so between my five games I think making it a month to MK8D should be no problem.

slingblade1170

Trophies
Website
xtremehack.net
XP
Country
United States
I barely played Mario kart so it will be new to me. My wife wants to get Lego city since it has co op added and Zelda is extremely long so I can wait until the titles start coming more frequently. It's not like switch is the only console either, got mass effect to play as well.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I will soon lol