Apple Lawsuit Bans HTC Android Handsets In U.S.

Hells Malice

Are you a bully?
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
So Apple can just do whatever the hell they want then.
That kinda makes sense, really. They have enough cash to wave around. I'd love to be a judge for one of their cases.
"Now the Defendant has some very valid points...however, Apple has a very valid stack of $1000 bills and i'm afraid i'm going to have to go with that."

Reactions: 1 person

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
...Are you stupid? A few phones =/= an entire company. As much as I hate the way this lawsuit turned out, I loathe even more the stupidity that is going to come out of this thread.

You're the stupid one a few phones you say? So if Google happens to sue apple and ban iPhone 3gs , iPhone 4 and iPhone 4s you saying a few phones aren't gonna make an impact then you're an idiot.

I'm sorry...what? First off, you're doing it wrong. HTC =/= Apple. HTC has 51 phones (I believe) for sale currently today. 4 or 5 won't destroy the company. Go be stupid somewhere else. Secondly, Google has 0 reasons to sue Apple. Android itself is open source, Google is in no way responsible for what companies use and don't use in their own version of the OS. Lastly, Apple doesn't just sell phones. Sure, they would be hurt if they lost their mobile phone sales but they wouldn't just be gone.

So again, please go be stupid somewhere else.

gloweyjoey

who??
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That kinda makes sense, really. They have enough cash to wave around. I'd love to be a judge for one of their cases.
"Now the Defendant has some very valid points...however, Apple has a very valid stack of $1000 bills and i'm afraid i'm going to have to go with that."
are people really this ignorant? It seems like people dont even read the articles and just *insert anti-apple comment here*

Hells Malice

Are you a bully?
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
are people really this ignorant? It seems like people dont even read the articles and just *insert anti-apple comment here*

You read one Apple article, you've read 'em all. They've have several lawsuits they've won for no particular reason.
Or I should say, no GOOD reason. Other than the one I stated, anyway.

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
Appl$ = the monopoly guy

God...for all those that think Apple will become a Monopoly for this:

Monopoly: A person or company whom is the ONLY supplier of a commodity or good.

Apple would have to physically REMOVE all of Android, Symbian, Windows Mobile, Blackberry and any other mobile phone/tablet/media device.

Giga_Gaia

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Steve Jobs didn't change the world. Far from it. If he never existed, someone else would have done everything he did and the world would have kept on living.

The only thing Apple changed in the world is how douchebag they are.

ShadowSoldier

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Fuck apple. Seriously. If this is the type of the company that they want to be and not give us choices, then I want nothing to do with them. Android is a far better OS than iOS because of it's ease of access and basically already letting you do to your phone what rooting does (almost). It gives more access than iPhone or anything.

Apple is a joke, Steve Jobs was a butthurt retard when he was alive, and I hope someone takes Apple down.

Bladexdsl

fanboys triggered 9k+
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Steve Jobs didn't change the world. Far from it. If he never existed, someone else would have done everything he did and the world would have kept on living.

The only thing Apple changed in the world is how douchebag they are.
exactly plus the tech already existed he just USED it. than he used another similar service that ALREADY existed at the time called nappster and USED the same idea in crappy apple store except nothing is FREE. :creep:

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
in monopoly the goal is to own everything...sound familiar?
God...for all those that think Apple will become a Monopoly for this:

Monopoly: A person or company whom is the ONLY supplier of a commodity or good.

Apple would have to physically REMOVE all of Android, Symbian, Windows Mobile, Blackberry and any other mobile phone/tablet/media device.
Can't make it any clearer than that. In order for Apple to become a monopoly, they have to take over all of those companies. Not gonna happen, ever. They are pretty shitty for doing what they did, but they aren't a monopoly.

D

Deleted-236924

No.
In Monopoly, the goal is to be the richest person at the end of the game.

You just proved yourself that he did change the world.
Fact is, he was the person who did what he did. Does it matter that someone else could have done it?

Giga_Gaia

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
apple = hitler

No offense, Hitler looks like a saint compared to those clowns.

Also, Hitler, even if he was evil and his actions were terrible, the evil things he did actually provoked some changes. What he did was so unforgivable, that people were forced to realize that there is something wrong with this world and something needs to be done.

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
You know? Instead of taking HTC to court and having a ban on some of their phones? Why not just charge them and force them to pay for what they "stole".
This is the way Apple should have gone about it, or at least they should have informed HTC they knew and they should have given them a chance to change the code. But Apple is a greedy company looking to get to the top in any way possible, which is why they took HTC to court.

Giga_Gaia

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
You know? Instead of taking HTC to court and having a ban on some of their phones? Why not just charge them and force them to pay for what they "stole".

That's what I think, I mean seriously, you just banned the phone in USA. USA is just small tiny part of the world. HTC can actually keep selling stuff everywhere else. Not only that, but people in USA can just import from another country. A phone is just a phone, you can easily find a lot of providers for a phone even if it's banned.

Giga_Gaia

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
No.
In Monopoly, the goal is to be the richest person at the end of the game.

You just proved yourself that he did change the world.
Fact is, he was the person who did what he did. Does it matter that someone else could have done it?

He did not change the world. In fact, if you had a time machine and were to go back in the past and kill his ancestors, the world you'd come back to would be the same. His existence was as worthless as anyone else.

Dennis Ritchie died in the same month as Steve Jobs, did far more important things than Steve Jobs ever did and his death was unnoticed.

D

Deleted-236924

He did not change the world. In fact, if you had a time machine and were to go back in the past and kill his ancestors, the world you'd come back to would be the same. His existence was as worthless as anyone else.
That argument is irrelevant, because time machines do not exist.
And no, the world would have changed at least a little if Steve Jobs's ancestors had been murdered by someone that came from the future.

Fact is, Steve Jobs changed the world. It doesn't matter if someone else could have done it, because he was the one who did it, which is all that counts.

That would be like saying "Albert Einstein is worthless because someone else would have discovered what he discovered."

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @SylverReZ, although i do still have my r4 flashcard