Apple Claims Android Took Birth Because Of Them

SamAsh07

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Bosnia and Herzegovina
In the early 1990s, Android head honcho Andy Rubin worked as a low-level Apple engineer. And that, according Apple's latest ITC filing, is grounds enough for them to potentially block Android in the US.

It sounds far-fetched; the bulk of Android's foundational work was completed in the mid-to-late 90s, when Rubin was at General Magic and Danger (the company Google eventually bought, primarily for the operating system). But while extreme, the reasoning may not be as crazy as it sounds, according to FOSS Patents:

Apple now asserts—in a filing with the ITC, which means Apple has a legal obligation to make truthful representations of fact—that Rubin's superiors at Apple were the inventors of that realtime API patent and he worked for them at the very time they made that invention. He worked as a low-level engineer while the inventors were senior people. It's possible that he then contributed to the implementation of the claimed invention.

The implications of this—other than that Apple is being even more aggressive than previously imagined in its suits against HTC and other Android OEMs—are that if Apple were to sue Google directly over this particular patent, they could conceivably get an injunction. Against the entire platform. As well as lots, and lots, and lots, of money.

That's another case somewhere further down the line, if it happens at all. For now, just know that Apple's bringing in the heavy legal artillery—and they might just have a point.[/p]

arrow.gif
Source

arrow.gif
Original Source

SamAsh07

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Bosnia and Herzegovina
That's Apple for you, I advise them not to make this foolish step, what do they want? Everyone in the world to own a stupid iPhone?? If they DO open this case any day, they'll go down. Google ain't a Joke.

megawalk

The Legendary SRW Addict
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
Boo! They're Prancin with their Bags full of Eyeballs!
nah serious...
apple = the devil's advocate...
simple said as that..if anything does not suit them they sue them

jamesaa

The Prince of Insufficient Light
Trophies
XP
Am I the only one getting bored of company X suing company Y while company Z sues both X and Y etc...

I'm sure I saw a great graph a while ago showing how ridiculous this was all getting.

EDIT: Here's one:

phone-lawsuits-chart-02.jpg

That was a year ago... probably alot more arrows now
dry.gif

iFish

Slower than a 90s modem
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
If this was always the case. Why is it only poping up now? If Apple wanted to kill off Android. Wouldn't they have done this back in the 1.x days? I dint see anything happening. At least, I don't see Android being fully blocked. And I it did happy. People would still import phones, so it isn't possible to fully block it

SamAsh07

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Bosnia and Herzegovina
ShadowSoldier said:
Piss off apple.

Why people revere them as "amazing" and "one of the best" is simply beyond me.
Same here, there's nothing amazing about them. Except for the stunts they pull off by leaving iPhone prototypes in bars lol.

I thought Sony was the worst. But I take that back now, Apple is the worst company to ever exist.

D

Deleted User

After having a think, it looks like Apple are trying to clear out the competition. Well, Apple, things have changed. In my opinion, open-source is better. Firefox vs IE. Android vs iOS.

So, Apple, stop trying to kill of the competition. "Android took birth because of us?" Puh-lease.

by the way, samash07 reminded me- love the bar thing lol
biggrin.gif

Mr.Mysterio

Trophies
XP
Country
Qatar
DrOctapu said:
If they made android, why the fuck are they still using iOS?
Haha! This.

I know nothing about patent rules and what not, but according to the source though, Apple could actually get an injunction against android. Please, someone tell me this ain't possible.

dickfour

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Apple knows no one will want an iPhone when the 1.5 ghz quad core snapdragon comes out. Even the dual core is better than what's in the new iphone. So this is Apple's response to sucking in the marketplace

DarkStriker

GBAtemp's Kpop lover!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Norway
jamesaa said:
Am I the only one getting bored of company X suing company Y while company Z sues both X and Y etc...

I'm sure I saw a great graph a while ago showing how ridiculous this was all getting.

EDIT: Here's one:

phone-lawsuits-chart-02.jpg

That was a year ago... probably alot more arrows now
dry.gif
Lol at Nokia

dickfour

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
They can take their ipads and stuff those also. I picked up two hp touchpads for $250. More powerful that the ipad and honeycomb is being ported. If I have a choice between an open or a closed device I'll pick the open every time and screw them for leaving memory card slots out of every device they have ever made.

Krestent

What to post?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Here's what I have to say on this: Apple has never been known for creating powerful products. But they do create some of the markets/product first. Before the iPhone was released, what was there as far as smartphones go? The BlackBerry, Windows MObile, and PalmOS. After Apple came out with the iPhone, then the other smartphones with MultiTouch and pretty graphics started showing up.
While they didn't create this, they were the first company to introduce a GUI-enabled computer to the market. When they released the Lisa, the world balked at them because they thought that the GUI was to kiddish compared to command-line OS's such as DOS. Now look at the world.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I did see Walmart got new electric scooters now ab won't run out of juice in the middle of the parking lot
    +1
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    :O:O:O $12. Cool
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yeah but one two ports
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'd rather spend like $15 more for double
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Lol hogwarts legacy has a Arachnophobia setting to turn on
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'd rather spend like $150 more for a surround receiver.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I bought the game at launch never fucked with it until recently
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Its fun, I like it, even tho I'm not a big harry potter fan. Like a wizard rpg. Flying around on a broomstick is cool.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Flying sucks ass on it
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nuh just takes a min to get used to. I think you can upgrade or buy new broomstick also that are better.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I weirdly like inverted controls on all flying type games
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Prob can change it, inverted flying controls.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Only thing that annoys me is trying to find wtf to do in it
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Alright off to the store, later gators.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Some places amaze me were not in network with your insurance would you still like an appointment
    +1
    uhhh, I think I'll just stick with my PSP 3001
    lol, Now I gotta go to the store for more Coffee Mate n other stuff.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    i downloaded final fantasy vii into my tv stick
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    i mean, the game was already there but its the japanese version
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    and i only downloaded disc 1 so far bc of storage stuff
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    @BigOnYa, yeah the patty on McDs burger is 1/10th of a pound now and I think that's the pre cooked weight lol
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    I use the app for the 20% off coupon and it's still over priced
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I use the app for the 20% off coupon and it's still over priced