Apple Lawsuit Bans HTC Android Handsets In U.S.

kylster

mich weich töten
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Am I the only one who see's more and more company's doing acting like this? it's senseless and immature plus to me it's in the same boat as what Sony is doing :( so that by logic we do not really even own our phones so it's not our right to voice an opinion...

gloweyjoey

who??
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So Apple can just do whatever the hell they want then.
That kinda makes sense, really. They have enough cash to wave around. I'd love to be a judge for one of their cases.
"Now the Defendant has some very valid points...however, Apple has a very valid stack of $1000 bills and i'm afraid i'm going to have to go with that."
are people really this ignorant? It seems like people dont even read the articles and just *insert anti-apple comment here*

You read one Apple article, you've read 'em all. They've have several lawsuits they've won for no particular reason.
Or I should say, no GOOD reason. Other than the one I stated, anyway.
You failed to even notice that HTC had 2 of the 3 rulings go THEIR way.... HTC is "PLEASED" with this outcome and have been working on a work-around for the ONE patent, out of 10 that were claimed to be infringed on by apple... Your comment makes no sense... all I see in this thread is reading comprehension fail.

This decision is a win for HTC ... we are very pleased with the determination and we respect it,”
HTC general counsel,
Grace Lei

coolo2sky

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
...Are you stupid? A few phones =/= an entire company. As much as I hate the way this lawsuit turned out, I loathe even more the stupidity that is going to come out of this thread.

You're the stupid one a few phones you say? So if Google happens to sue apple and ban iPhone 3gs , iPhone 4 and iPhone 4s you saying a few phones aren't gonna make an impact then you're an idiot.
I'm sorry...what? First off, you're doing it wrong. HTC =/= Apple. HTC has 51 phones (I believe) for sale currently today. 4 or 5 won't destroy the company. Go be stupid somewhere else. Secondly, Google has 0 reasons to sue Apple. Android itself is open source, Google is in no way responsible for what companies use and don't use in their own version of the OS. Lastly, Apple doesn't just sell phones. Sure, they would be hurt if they lost their mobile phone sales but they wouldn't just be gone.

So again, please go be stupid somewhere else.

First of all idiot learn to read
So if Google happens to sue apple and ban iPhone 3gs , iPhone 4 and iPhone 4s you saying a few phones aren't gonna make an impact then you're an idiot.
I didint say Google had a reason to sue apple idiot the point I was making is a few phones can make a impact. HTC has alot of phones but only a few on the market and 2 thirds of them are budget phones then there big phones which are the ones that the lawsuit hit and the market im referring to is the high end smartphone market luckily htc only have to change a few things to get them back on the market. You're acting as if I think Google should sue apple and those so called 51 phones are just the same phones but on different carriers which I believe in the usa you change the phone name for different carriers and maybe add a led light or two.

Take you're miss reading elsewhere

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
It's physically impossible to create a phone of a different shape given the dimensions of the touchscreen, it has to be a rectangle otherwise it will be *massive*, Apple is indeed being a sore loser yet again and I sincerely hope someone puts a stop to this stupidity. Stop buying their devices, they're clearly trying to bring the market to a standstill.

Reactions: 1 person

BlueStar

Trophies
XP
Country
This isn't how you help the economy or strive to make better products, by literally eliminating the competition by legalities...

The divine perfection of the free market will balance everything out!

Oh, wait, no, it allows companies to gain a stranglehold on their niche and limits freedom of choice.

The dimensions and interface of a smart phone are going to look similar because of set values like the distance between the human ear and the human mouth, the size of human hands etc. It's perfectly possible for companies to come up with similar handsets independently. A planet similar to earth would end up with lifeforms very similar to those we have here. And that's not because that planet 'copied' us, it's because there are the same factors shaping things.

Reactions: 2 people

Zerosuit connor

Baby I'm Back ♥
Trophies
XP
Country
I was wondering whom Apple would target next...retards. Even with the death of the egotistic Steve Jobs (with a blow) Apple don't shut up.

"Oh someone is selling better than us and might be a threat in the long run, lets find a stupid reason to sue and get them banned because you know...we own the US Government."
Yeah like literally, Apple has more money than the U.S Government or so I heard.

I think it's time the world sued Apple for using a fruits name as theirs.

They probably will, hang on my HTC Incredible S is ringing, hmm what's that, apple thinks it's god? Honestly I would rather use the freaking WebOs. Also if anyone mentions windows phone I will shoot myself right now.

Domination

Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
Senegal
Actually, this is one of the best possible outcomes aside from HTC winning the case. HTC themselves said that there's an easy workaround to this, and even their shares have rebounded. And consider the fact they only ruled in favour of only 1 out of the original 10(later 4) alleged infringements . And the fact is HTC does seemed to have infringed the copyright, though i personally think its no big deal, but well that's how the system works.

I'm not saying what Apple is doing is right - I'm not defending them - I'm just saying this ruling isn't as bad as many of you make it look like.

gloweyjoey

who??
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Actually, this is one of the best possible outcomes aside from HTC winning the case. HTC themselves said that there's an easy workaround to this, and even their shares have rebounded. And consider the fact they only ruled in favour of only 1 out of the original 10(later 4) alleged infringements . And the fact is HTC does seemed to have infringed the copyright, though i personally think its no big deal, but well that's how the system works.

I'm not saying what Apple is doing is right - I'm not defending them - I'm just saying this ruling isn't as bad as many of you make it look like.
misleading title, followed by misleading post by misled user = misled responses

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
First of all idiot learn to read
So if Google happens to sue apple and ban iPhone 3gs , iPhone 4 and iPhone 4s you saying a few phones aren't gonna make an impact then you're an idiot.
I didint say Google had a reason to sue apple idiot the point I was making is a few phones can make a impact. HTC has alot of phones but only a few on the market and 2 thirds of them are budget phones then there big phones which are the ones that the lawsuit hit and the market im referring to is the high end smartphone market luckily htc only have to change a few things to get them back on the market. You're acting as if I think Google should sue apple and those so called 51 phones are just the same phones but on different carriers which I believe in the usa you change the phone name for different carriers and maybe add a led light or two.

Take you're miss reading elsewhere
Your stupidity is so immense I can't even continue this argument, so I'll stand by what I said earlier. Google will NEVER have ANY reason to sue Apple, not even in fantasy land, Apple =/= HTC. A few phones out of the 51 for sale currently won't hurt HTC at all. A few phones can make an impact...if you only sell a few phones. I would advise you to stop trying to continue this argument as you will only be embarrassed and shall lose.

On Topic, after reading a few more articles I see HTC actually won a few different lawsuits and only lost the 1 which they are currently fixing. It shouldn't even be that hard to fix anyways so no real problem here.

Hopefully this thread will be dead soon as I'm sure that new poster will continue the argument. Oh well.

xile6

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Apple sicks as there scared. Thats why they sue everyone. They need to just stop and run there comp as is. We should boycot apple.

iFish

Slower than a 90s modem
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hooray. Don't get me wrong, I have nothing against HTC (and I like he Sense UI). But they make a new phone every few weeks and I'm super glad they can't sell in the us anymore.

I'm not going to say anything that I cannot backup so I guess I'll just leave it as that.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Hooray. Don't get me wrong, I have nothing against HTC (and I like he Sense UI). But they make a new phone every few weeks and I'm super glad they can't sell in the us anymore.

I'm not going to say anything that I cannot backup so I guess I'll just leave it as that.

You're *glad* that someone *limits the market and narrows opportunities* for potential buyers of smartphones *because you support one of the parties involved*?

Would you like some lube with your iPhone? It appears that you like to be taken advantage of.

EDIT: I'd like to elaborate a little bit. I don't see why releasing a large ammount of phones is a "bad" thing. In fact, having only "one" option is where Apple's went wrong.

Imagine a world with only one kind of car, or just one type of furniture. People like variety, people like when their devices fit their specific needs and they like when the price fluctuates depending on features so that they can find a device that fits their needs for the lowest possible price. You don't have that option with iPhones, you do with Android handsets. HTC phones come in different shapes, have different clock speeds and different functions. iPhones are iPhones.

Moreover, Apple doesn't want to "reclaim what is rightfuly theirs", they are trying to narrow down the market, put the focus on themselves and sell as many iPhones as possible, which is understandable, but the tactics employed are to say the least "dirty".

Reactions: 1 person

mysticwaterfall

Streamforce Supreme Commander
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not reading the 7 pages on this, so sorry if repeats.

It's sad that Apple is running scared of Android and the best they can think of to do is get products banned based on realtively flimsy patent excuses that don't derserve banning and at most a cash settlement. I for one, particularly like htc - have a droid incredible 2 I love. But even if I didn't, I would still be on their side, because it's not like they blantly ripped off everything and made an iphone clone. If that was the case, I would be all on apples side. But it's not. I mean, if wewant to point fingers in the general sense of things, theres a lot of things in IOS5 ripped off from android, and vice versa.

EDIT: Apprently, htc is already working on a fix to get around the ban, so they might have the last laugh and leave Apple with nothing -

http://www.macobserver.com/tmo/article/htc_already_working_around_apples_smartphone_ban/
http://www.afterdawn.com/news/article.cfm/2011/12/21/htc_fix_to_avoid_us_smartphone_ban_already_being_tested

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
I'd like to underline that HTC was making smartphones before Apple even got the idea that there's a market for them - those were mostly devices based on various Windows CE kernels. They were true LEADERS of the industry and they only bowed before the almighty Dell Axim.

ferofax

End of the World
Trophies
Website
nonwhatso.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Apple now officially owns US (mobile market). They be kickin ass and takin names.

Oh, I'm not so sure. There's still Nokia, Sony Ericsson and many other competitors out there.

Besides, not everyone wants their phone to be "smart". ;)
Lol, yes it's prudent to accept their existence, but Apple just steamrolls them anyways. Apple is growing too big, dangerous. Who knows? Apple might start buying those smaller brands so they can STOP them from selling phones, leaving only Apple-branded phones in the market. Coming from Apple, that move isn't so farfetched. Just take this news for example.

mysticwaterfall

Streamforce Supreme Commander
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@ferofax - Apple is not powerful enough to take out google + htc + motorola + samsung + sony + lg + whoever I forgot. Htc already posted how they have a fix being tested that gets around the whole issue. Apple is just scared because they realize that customer may actually want a choice.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GdMSPaHhmbI +1