• Replies 4,358
  • Likes 41

iSharingan

Show me your power
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have crazy weapons in MH4U, crazy equipment and talisman; that's why I'm making the question. The problem is I don't know how to edit in "Hex Editing". Im very slow with that kind of things.
The thing is, it can't be done just by save editing, I'll explain, in MH4U, there were relics that had certain absurd values, due to how they were coded, however, those absurd values were just a result of how all other values were calculated, and remained unused. With the Save Editor you were able to get equipment with those crazy amounts of power, you just had to "tap into them", in Generations however, you can't because all weapons have a fixed value, in other words, you can't tap into crazy power because there isn't any already there coded. I may be wrong, but I'm pretty sure Generation's weapons all have fixed values, unlike relics in 4U which kinda acted like a blank check, dunno if it they can be changed with Hex editing.

Luckily there is an alternative, albeit a little more complex, using NTR cheats you can get crazy whatever, even more than the Save editor is able to do, however, it's a little bit more complicated to use, nothing crazy complicated, but just a little tiny bit more complicated, I encourage to look into those, any help I can provide, you can PM me and I'll gladly help you out.
furthermore, if you're on the latest firmware without full CFW, you're SOL until they release an exploit on a new vulnerability

Mikihisa0708

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
so...I can't give myself a fully upgraded insect glaive? If I try to generate any insect glaive it'll appear in the game but it won't have a kinsect and will crash the game if you have it equipped on a quest.

iSharingan

Show me your power
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
so...I can't give myself a fully upgraded insect glaive? If I try to generate any insect glaive it'll appear in the game but it won't have a kinsect and will crash the game if you have it equipped on a quest.
edit an existing glaive you crafted in-game to have keep the kinsect. Hex editing is currently the only way to edit a kinsect in or change its type, but using the in-game kinsect food is easy enough.

xmehex

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Hi everyone, thank you a lot for this beautiful tool! I used the complete blank character but I have a problem: the rank is 7 and I need at least 8 to partecipate to al quests. i changed it with save editor and nothing changed. Also there is some kind of bug and I can't even just level up playing and getting points: there is no "points needed" to level up. Any ideas?

HeroOfTime993

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
ok so i saw this picture on reddit does anyone know how to get this by any chance
3927803aaf9b4af5b65fb8c3438c6ab2

Bluespheal

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Just google how to use NTR booter or cheats, it's really easy, I'll give you a general rundown.

First of all, you need CFW, if you only have access to homebrew, you are out of luck, you can install CFW really easily by following the guide at https://3ds.guide/

-Then install NTRboot selector https://gbatemp.net/threads/release-bootntr-selector.432911/
-Download any MH compatible .plg cheats, you have to google them around.
-Place the plg in the correct folder and boot up the most recent NTR with the selector, there are some limitations on old 3DS for game like Monster Hunter though, dunno the specifics to bypass them.
-Boot up the game and press either X+Y or Select to open up the cheat menu and select the cheat you want (in this case, the attack up cheat).
-Press the button combo to activate it.
-Enjoy being super OP.

Any questions please PM me to keep the topic clean.

HeroOfTime993

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Just google how to use NTR booter or cheats, it's really easy, I'll give you a general rundown.

First of all, you need CFW, if you only have access to homebrew, you are out of luck, you can install CFW really easily by following the guide at https://3ds.guide/

-Then install NTRboot selector https://gbatemp.net/threads/release-bootntr-selector.432911/
-Place the plg in the correct folder and boot up the most recent NTR with the selector, there are some limitations on old 3DS for game like Monster Hunter though, dunno the specifics to bypass them.
-Boot up the game and press either X+Y or Select to open up the cheat menu and select the cheat you want (in this case, the attack up cheat).
-Enjoy being super OP.

thank you so much i already had cfw so this is really easy

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

-Enjoy being super OP.

now i just have to find the hack to give me the attack

iSharingan

Show me your power
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi everyone, thank you a lot for this beautiful tool! I used the complete blank character but I have a problem: the rank is 7 and I need at least 8 to partecipate to al quests. i changed it with save editor and nothing changed. Also there is some kind of bug and I can't even just level up playing and getting points: there is no "points needed" to level up. Any ideas?
try the HR unlocker in the first post. If that doesn't work, try completing the HR 7 Hellfire Star again (hosting the quest yourself). If that still doesn't work, try importing the save again (and copying over the data from one of your own non-glitched saves - even a completely new save you make) as you probably didn't import everything you needed to.

Last edited by iSharingan, , Reason: clarification

brothermilk

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi! I recently started using the editor and I imported a full item list, then gave myself max amount of all items, and unlocked everything in the unlock menu except for box slots and awards. I didn't change any player stats at all. After that, I sold some materials I didn't need to make room for scraps and decorations. When I was forging and upgrading weapons/armor, the music would and my game would crash after a few minutes of upgrading/forging. I tried restarting and doing it again but it happened two more times. Did I do something wrong? Also, I found that the zero suit armor set wasn't appearing on any list even though other dlc and even the varia suit armor were available for crafting. Kinda bummed out that this is happening but mostly confused about why it's consistently crashing. Any feedback would be highly appreciated!

EDIT: I feel like I should specify I used the editor for MHGen, and that's where these problems are happening.
EDIT 2: Ah, I found out that the varia suit is male only, while zero suit is female only. My character is female, so I think that's what's causing the crash (the existence of the varia suit in my female character's save file, as well as my character equipping the varia suit set), but I don't understand why the game is letting me craft the varia suit as a female character and also not letting me craft the zero suit.

Last edited by brothermilk,

Wrathalos

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Unlocking everything generally breaks things unless you know what you're doing. It most likely unlocked everything for a MALE character as a basis, not sure why. But you should be able to unlock what you need for female stuff by using the method of bringing the item needed for crafting (i.e. the zero suit ticket) on a quest, giving it to the cat in the starting area that delivers items (the cat with the barrel) and finishing the quest. Obviously paw pass quests are quickest. As is though, you're gonna have to watch out for gender specific armors and not forge male ones. You CAN have them in the stash, but you CAN'T try to wear them. (Also trying to forge them in general crashes the game).

brothermilk

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Unlocking everything generally breaks things unless you know what you're doing. It most likely unlocked everything for a MALE character as a basis, not sure why. But you should be able to unlock what you need for female stuff by using the method of bringing the item needed for crafting (i.e. the zero suit ticket) on a quest, giving it to the cat in the starting area that delivers items (the cat with the barrel) and finishing the quest. Obviously paw pass quests are quickest. As is though, you're gonna have to watch out for gender specific armors and not forge male ones. You CAN have them in the stash, but you CAN'T try to wear them. (Also trying to forge them in general crashes the game).
Thank you for the answer! Do you think it would work properly if I just gave myself 99 of every item? Also if I did that do you think i'd still have to unlock it with the quest ticket?

brothermilk

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank you for the answer! Do you think it would work properly if I just gave myself 99 of every item? Also if I did that do you think i'd still have to unlock it with the quest ticket?
update: I attempted this, and wanted to start the metroid special mission quest, but the background music started skipping and faltering again, then the game still crashed :(

Wrathalos

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm not really sure what to say about that, maybe try auto-arranging all the boxes (equip, item, palico equip), generally it just crashes on load or trying to do something impossible, loading a quest shouldn't be doing that for any reason I know of. You may want to back up that save somewhere and start editing from an old save from before editing, putting in things slowly, like try: import the item list, test it out; unlock the armor, weapons, palico, and food, test that out; if you're still not crashing then I think you should be good.

EDIT: Otherwise, someone else may appear and be more helpful in time?

brothermilk

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i think i'll just...play legit i guess. i always run into problems with things like this lol :P oh well, thank you for the advice though!!!!

iSharingan

Show me your power
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi! I recently started using the editor and I imported a full item list, then gave myself max amount of all items, and unlocked everything in the unlock menu except for box slots and awards. I didn't change any player stats at all. After that, I sold some materials I didn't need to make room for scraps and decorations. When I was forging and upgrading weapons/armor, the music would and my game would crash after a few minutes of upgrading/forging. I tried restarting and doing it again but it happened two more times. Did I do something wrong? Also, I found that the zero suit armor set wasn't appearing on any list even though other dlc and even the varia suit armor were available for crafting. Kinda bummed out that this is happening but mostly confused about why it's consistently crashing. Any feedback would be highly appreciated!

EDIT: I feel like I should specify I used the editor for MHGen, and that's where these problems are happening.
EDIT 2: Ah, I found out that the varia suit is male only, while zero suit is female only. My character is female, so I think that's what's causing the crash (the existence of the varia suit in my female character's save file, as well as my character equipping the varia suit set), but I don't understand why the game is letting me craft the varia suit as a female character and also not letting me craft the zero suit.
Using the unlock options in the editor menu is not advised. Most of it was added blindly or prematurely, so it either doesn't work or may cause problems. There is a blank save available with [almost] everything unlocked legit that you'll need to import things into, but you'll nee to copy over everything EXACTLY AS IT IS - most importantly your palico gear box items if importing palicos - in your source save. The only other catches would be a weapon HAS to be in box 1 slot 1 of your equipment box and all palicos must be marked inactive before copying or you wont be able to use them.

muddyfox85

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Using the unlock options in the editor menu is not advised. Most of it was added blindly or prematurely, so it either doesn't work or may cause problems. There is a blank save available with [almost] everything unlocked legit that you'll need to import things into, but you'll nee to copy over everything EXACTLY AS IT IS - most importantly your palico gear box items if importing palicos - in your source save. The only other catches would be a weapon HAS to be in box 1 slot 1 of your equipment box and all palicos must be marked inactive before copying or you wont be able to use them.
When I try to craft armor or palico gear its greyed out even though i have the materials. Is there not a perma fix for this?

muddyfox85

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
@APM how do u get decorations to work because their greyed out everytime I try to craft them? Do u use the transporter method or is there another way?
Cheers,
Jack

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: The Castlevania game was on the PS1 so that's cool +1