• Likes 41

GrandGizzard

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
I see it. Do I just open a hex editor on my computer, open the system save file, and look for the hex numbers? Because that's what I attempted, but I don't know what to change what to what afterwards.

Hinatax

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Are there any more sets other than the bow sets and the DB sets? I have been googling and searching everywhere for some sort of set sharing area or something of the sort and cant find anything. Some Glaive sets or really anything at all would be awesome!

Ecliipse_Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there an ID list for the weapons, I've already gotten the Armor ID list just not the weapons. And I can't seem to find them, it's strange that no one has mentioned this too.:wink:

rathian

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hey would anyone be able to help with a step by step guide to put charms on my save. I'm sick of sakura farming lol, but I have no idea how to do this. Any help would be appreciated

Shinigamidori

Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
Hey APM I would like to contribute a little bit to this thread, This post is about the best Elemental Dual Blades + Set to them. (So there are 5 sets) Dragon, Thunder, Water, Fire and Ice

The skills that all 5 sets have are the same.

Critical Eye +3 (30% affinity)
Elemental Crits (When you crit your elemental deals 25% extra dmg)
Razor Sharpness (Your sharpness goes 50% Slower down, so one could say you had 2x sharpness)
Elemental Attack up ( This is directly 10% more elemental attack)
Specific Element up +2 (Specific as in. Dragon set is Dragon atk +2, if water, Water atk +2) this is why there are 5 sets cuz this skill changes. what does element up do? it is also 10% element dmg increase but, in mh4u +2 would increase element attack by 40, since the dmg got "balanced" to gen, I think it's either +5 or +10. so if its +10 then this skill does +10 elemental and 10% more elemental dmg.

Now for the chosen dual blades.

Before I state them you should know these things.

The dual blades required slots for having these perfect skill set, so even if you realize there is a better dual blade, it might not be better at all because it would proly lack a gem slot, which would render them useless in this combo. keep in mind those DB's are best in a combo with the sets.

Dragon - Devil Jho, one of the two great dragon DB's, the other one is sagaru they are both close, but this one takes the cake. THIS IS AN EVENT REWARD DB Hyper Devil Jho is not released yet. so keep that in mind.
Thunder - Kirin
, kirin is the best thunder dual blade
Water - Mizutsune There has been a lot of close dual blades, but because of slot requirement, and the sharpness calculation etc. Mizutsune DB has proven to scale better.
Fire - Glavenus. A lot of people think "Salamander" DB is better, the difference between those two are that Glavenus has 30 more raw dmg, but 8 less fire than Salamander. otherwise, Salamander has 35% affinity but 0 sockets. Some argue that Salamander is better, but they forget, if you go Salamander, you lose a gem slot, which means your CE+3 will be CE+2. Because of that, the new difference would then be, 30 raw -8 fire vs 25% affinity. which clearly states that 30 raw is a way to huge so Salamander is a no go.
Ice - Lagombi - Lagombi DB is the best because of its sharpness + socket. there might be better ice weapons out there, but definitely not with this combo.

A lot of the sets looks similar, only the gems , charms, and kirin jacket is different, these armor, are the Highest defense value, so its best survival as well, what do I mean by highest defense value? A lot of people can find 1000 different ways to make a skill set, some might have 200 defense, some might have 500 defense. These sets I've created, NOBODY CAN make the same sets with a higher defense than mine. the other ones will either be the same, or lower.

These are PERFECT Elemental Dual Blade Sets. (Before you import, make sure you import them in a box space which is empty. I myself saved them on box 5. Equip them all once and register them as sets, then you can sort them again if you want)

I don't want to use any file/save modifier because I consider this as cheating, I prefer grinding normally and make everything up by myself. Therefore, could someone post a picture/screenshot/list of the complete builds ? I tried to make some researches, but I coulnd't fit all the skills (most of the time Elemental Attack up was missing), so that would be much appreciated.

iSharingan

Show me your power
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I would like to know how to hex edit arena times and monster sizes, as I am currently just sitting back in an arena quest, waiting for what I think would be a good time to kill the monster so that it looks like a believable time.
I'll shoot you a DM when I get the time. As for the arena times, I've completed them all legit in under 5 minutes (enough to get 'top honors' as far as rank goes)

Last edited by iSharingan,

bbvgtal82

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Revamped my Bow sets equipment box, included a Spread set, TrueShot\Rapid\Bombardier set (Ideal for Teo Bow imo), and a for fun\dodgeball pro high damage set (equal to 2 Attack up L and definitely requires Dash Juice). Hope these help out with your Bow'ing needs!
how to know what part are of each set?

Wrathalos

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Been awhile since I've touched MHGen, but iirc I did line up the sets in separate rows for what I thought was self-explanatory.

Keita

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey, i have been using your save editor alot and I thank you greatly for making it, but, Whenever I try to change the HR, it shows my changed HR on the menu screen but reverts back to HR1 when i go in game? I havent completed any Hr1 quests, no sure if that effects it. Also not sure if you'll reply since this is pretty old, but if you do, thank you!!!!

KuroBlade

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
could someone tell me how to get a 20k status weapon? i am curious because i tried so much but nothing worked and i wanted to try it on my second char after i completed the whole game with my first

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

So I have an issue, after I edit the save and start the game, the character goes back to HR7 even if the change is as little as a name change, anybody know how to fix this? thank you!
you have to complete the first 7 hunter ranks first

Bluespheal

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
could someone tell me how to get a 20k status weapon? i am curious because i tried so much but nothing worked and i wanted to try it on my second char after i completed the whole game with my first

You can't do that in this game, that was only possible to do in MH4U due to how relic weapons were programmed, you can however get OP with NTR cheats.

Reactions: iSharingan

KuroBlade

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
well i am trying to install ntr properly since at least 30 minutes and it doesnt work :( i have a 2ds, can you help me with this maybe? :(
You can't do that in this game, that was only possible to do in MH4U due to how relic weapons were programmed, you can however get OP with NTR cheats.

iSharingan

Show me your power
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey, i have been using your save editor alot and I thank you greatly for making it, but, Whenever I try to change the HR, it shows my changed HR on the menu screen but reverts back to HR1 when i go in game? I havent completed any Hr1 quests, no sure if that effects it. Also not sure if you'll reply since this is pretty old, but if you do, thank you!!!!
you need to change your HRP, not your HR. Also below HR8 you cant change your hunter rank until you complete the HR7 urgent quest.

well i am trying to install ntr properly since at least 30 minutes and it doesnt work :( i have a 2ds, can you help me with this maybe? :(

you need custom firmware (such as Luma/cakes/etc.) to use NTR. also, MHGen is a extended memory mode game on o3DS, so it needs the mode 3 version to run NTR there.

tisyu

Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
How do you make the Palico's work? It repeatedly crashes the game. Do I need to equip the weapons in game or before?

Last edited by tisyu,

MonsterHunter4Life

Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
Hey APM, I don't know if you're keeping track of this Post but... in my extdata's 00001870 it looks like that. And when I try to use the APM... it looks like this. extdata.png Default.png All Files.png Loading 1.png Loading 2.png Loading 3.png Loading 4.pngPlease, send halp.

MonsterHunter4Life

Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
And about my last Post, I'm sorry. I know it sounds/is Stupid. But it's an honest Question, mind giving me a Troubleshoot/Tutorial/how to do it proper?
I used Wifi, and extracted it onto my computer just fine. I used this guy's Method Number 1.
Which goes as follows :

Save Backup Method 1(No Homebrew Required)

WARNING

THIS METHOD WILL NOT HELP YOU IF YOU LOSE/BREAK YOUR 3DS OR USE THE FORMAT OPTION IN YOUR 3DS SYSTEM SETTINGS. YOUR SAVES ARE LOST FOREVER EVEN IF YOU BACK THEM UP WITH THIS METHOD IF ONE OF THOSE THINGS HAPPENS. YOU CANNOT USE THIS TO MOVE YOUR SAVES TO ANOTHER 3DS. IF YOUR 3DS IS BROKEN OR IS LOST AND YOU DID NOT BACKUP WITH HOMEBREW BEFOREHAND THERE IS NO WAY TO GET YOUR SAVE BACK. THIS METHOD GIVES YOU AN ENCRYPTED COPY ONLY YOUR SPECIFIC 3DS CAN READ.

If you want to back up all of your 3DS files including your monster hunter save just copy the entire Nintendo 3DS folder on your SD card to your PC. That's it. You're done.

If you want to back up just Monster Hunter Generations/MHX specifically then follow these steps. Note that the only reasons to not copy the entire Nintendo 3DS folder are to save space on your PC and save time copying the files.

1.Take SD out of your 3ds and use an SD card reader to plug it into your PC. If you have a new 3ds you can go to settings>data mangement>microsd management and you will be able to transfer files over wifi.

2.Open the Nintendo 3DS folder

3.Open the folder with a bunch of numbers and letters(it's different for everyone)

4.Open the next folder with a bunch of numbers and letters(it's different for everyone)

5.Open the extdata folder

6.Open the 00000000 folder

7.Copy the correct numbered folder depending on your 3ds region.

For NA region 3DS(firmware ending in U) your saves are in the 00001870 folder.

For EU Region 3DS(firmware ending in E)your saves are in the 0000185b folder.

For Japanese region 3DS(firmware ending in J) your saves are in the 00001554 folder.

If you are unsure for whatever reason then just copy the entire extdata folder. It's pretty small so it won't take much space.

Transfer Save From One SD Card to Another SD Card(No Homebrew Required/Same 3DS Only)

tisyu

Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
And about my last Post, I'm sorry. I know it sounds/is Stupid. But it's an honest Question, mind giving me a Troubleshoot/Tutorial/how to do it proper?
I used Wifi, and extracted it onto my computer just fine. I used this guy's Method Number 1.
Which goes as follows :

Save Backup Method 1(No Homebrew Required)

WARNING

THIS METHOD WILL NOT HELP YOU IF YOU LOSE/BREAK YOUR 3DS OR USE THE FORMAT OPTION IN YOUR 3DS SYSTEM SETTINGS. YOUR SAVES ARE LOST FOREVER EVEN IF YOU BACK THEM UP WITH THIS METHOD IF ONE OF THOSE THINGS HAPPENS. YOU CANNOT USE THIS TO MOVE YOUR SAVES TO ANOTHER 3DS. IF YOUR 3DS IS BROKEN OR IS LOST AND YOU DID NOT BACKUP WITH HOMEBREW BEFOREHAND THERE IS NO WAY TO GET YOUR SAVE BACK. THIS METHOD GIVES YOU AN ENCRYPTED COPY ONLY YOUR SPECIFIC 3DS CAN READ.

If you want to back up all of your 3DS files including your monster hunter save just copy the entire Nintendo 3DS folder on your SD card to your PC. That's it. You're done.

If you want to back up just Monster Hunter Generations/MHX specifically then follow these steps. Note that the only reasons to not copy the entire Nintendo 3DS folder are to save space on your PC and save time copying the files.

1.Take SD out of your 3ds and use an SD card reader to plug it into your PC. If you have a new 3ds you can go to settings>data mangement>microsd management and you will be able to transfer files over wifi.

2.Open the Nintendo 3DS folder

3.Open the folder with a bunch of numbers and letters(it's different for everyone)

4.Open the next folder with a bunch of numbers and letters(it's different for everyone)

5.Open the extdata folder

6.Open the 00000000 folder

7.Copy the correct numbered folder depending on your 3ds region.

For NA region 3DS(firmware ending in U) your saves are in the 00001870 folder.

For EU Region 3DS(firmware ending in E)your saves are in the 0000185b folder.

For Japanese region 3DS(firmware ending in J) your saves are in the 00001554 folder.

If you are unsure for whatever reason then just copy the entire extdata folder. It's pretty small so it won't take much space.

Transfer Save From One SD Card to Another SD Card(No Homebrew Required/Same 3DS Only)

You need to use JKSV or any other save manager. As far as I know those need homebrew.

noStriker

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Peru
Well, that sucks! Since, there's no tutorials and stuff on how to do them(As far as I am aware.)
There are a lot of tutorials in the forum, you just need to search for it. Also, you need homebrew in order to extract your savefile.

THIS METHOD GIVES YOU AN ENCRYPTED COPY ONLY YOUR SPECIFIC 3DS CAN READ.

In order to use this program, you need your savefule UNENCRYPTED, thats why you need homebrew (several times stated in yhe thread, as far as i remember)

MonsterHunter4Life

Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
There are a lot of tutorials in the forum, you just need to search for it. Also, you need homebrew in order to extract your savefile. In order to use this program, you need your savefile UNENCRYPTED, that's why you need homebrew (several times stated in the thread, as far as I remember)
In these last 208 Pages?(Cause that'll take a cap'ton of time to search for it. Are there dedicated Threads/Posts/Pages for the tutorials on JKSV, and Homebrew, and APM? I know it sounds lazy/is lazy of me, but there are like 208 Pages.) And I see, curse the encryptions. >:I Also, my Bad. I only read the first page, posted a reply. And then figured out it shows oldest to newest comments.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I am the cancer!!! lol