• Replies 4,358
  • Likes 41

iSharingan

Show me your power
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey, I was just about to start up into the editor but on JKSM I noticed it say on the main menu "Error opening save archive!". Is there anything I can do about this or am I stuck?
He made another one specifically for monster hunter generations. You have to open it through homebrew, though. I forgot where you can download it, but I am sure that you can just google it.
yllnor, that is true, but that isn't the solution needed here.

Eagle, export the EXT data. there is no 'save data' as such - it's saved to the SD as EXT data (which is differentiated from save data even on digital copies of the game). The intent was to thwart Powersaves (and to give the option of allowing larger save files that a cartridge typically supports, in case there was a large amount of DLC/whatever), but it ultimately left save just as easy to get to, since homebrew is so easy to get/use (even at the time the game came out you could do it fairly easy).

Last edited by iSharingan,

Eagle245

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
yllnor, that is true, but that isn't the solution needed here.

Eagle, export the EXT data. there is no 'save data' as such - it's saved to the SD as EXT data (which is differentiated from save data even on digital copies of the game). The intent was to thwart Powersaves (and to give the option of allowing larger save files that a cartridge typically supports, in case there was a large amount of DLC/whatever), but it ultimately left save just as easy to get to, since homebrew is so easy to get/use (even at the time the game came out you could do it fairly easy).
Oh right, thanks for the help guys! Now it's time for me to figure out how to do the EXT file stuff.

_ThePwnyExpress_

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've been using this save editor and I edited my save file, tried to rename myself. Nothing worked. I exported save data and then imported it back in with the new name on it, but my name didn't change. After that, I tried rebooting SoundHax, but it stayed on the yellow screen while loading Homebrew. So now, I have no way to import my save data and I'm stuck using my normal file. The thing is, after editing my name, I imported my data back via the save editor and whatnot, made sure that my game had the new name, I loaded my Monster Hunter Generations file, and the name never appeared. My name is still my old name and now I cannot access SoundHax since it loads and only stays on the yellow screen and doesn't load further. I never did anything to my other Homebrew files and only ever touched this editor. Can someone please help solve my problems (what to do after importing and helping get SoundHax working again)? I have no way to take pictures of anything - or upload them, for that matter.

stevie474

Trophies
XP
Country
Hello very good, not is if you read this message, but I am writing to tell you a little something, i thinking about making an edit to his job but happening to Spanish and wanted to know if I have your permission to proceed with the work xd greetings from Canary Islands and look forward to your reply (sorry for my bad English)

GunFlameFRC

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Here is an import folder with all the cats from this Reddit thread

This contains 10 Optimal Fighter cats for Prowling, and 2 Optimal Support cats. Probably the most legit ones to get.

PS: One of the cat is originally from Gaijin Hunter! yay!

Make sure you make a weapon set, and give it to the Palicos in game before you select them for use. Importing palicos does not import any weapons. Equipping a palico that does not have a weapon equipped will crash your game.

When I try to give the cats a weapon, my game crashes.

Is that not what you meant when you said give them a weapon?

iSharingan

Show me your power
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've been using this save editor and I edited my save file, tried to rename myself. Nothing worked. I exported save data and then imported it back in with the new name on it, but my name didn't change. After that, I tried rebooting SoundHax, but it stayed on the yellow screen while loading Homebrew. So now, I have no way to import my save data and I'm stuck using my normal file. The thing is, after editing my name, I imported my data back via the save editor and whatnot, made sure that my game had the new name, I loaded my Monster Hunter Generations file, and the name never appeared. My name is still my old name and now I cannot access SoundHax since it loads and only stays on the yellow screen and doesn't load further. I never did anything to my other Homebrew files and only ever touched this editor. Can someone please help solve my problems (what to do after importing and helping get SoundHax working again)? I have no way to take pictures of anything - or upload them, for that matter.
Yellow screen just means "power off and try again". Also, try once more to rename/etc. with the editor, but make absolutely sure you save the changes to tthe right file, move the right file back to your 3DS, import the right (edited) file, etc. I found myself forgetting to save in the editor a time or two :P

When I try to give the cats a weapon, my game crashes.

Is that not what you meant when you said give them a weapon?
As was said in the post: use a weapon-only palico armor set to equip the weapon (add a weapon to a palico armor set [no armor is needed], then save it and equip the armor set to the palico)

squalltheonly

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello, I am new here.

I started using this app recently and it has worked wonders, but I am having a problem making the Critical Jewel 1 appear. I have 99 bloodrun gems & 99 legend tickets in my inventory, but the jewel won't show up at the armorer. I have moved the items around and even went on hunts. I know I can spawn the jewels directly, but I wanted to craft them. I have never beaten the arena quest that unlocks sais jewel, maybe that is why?

yllnor13

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Hello, I am new here.

I started using this app recently and it has worked wonders, but I am having a problem making the Critical Jewel 1 appear. I have 99 bloodrun gems & 99 legend tickets in my inventory, but the jewel won't show up at the armorer. I have moved the items around and even went on hunts. I know I can spawn the jewels directly, but I wanted to craft them. I have never beaten the arena quest that unlocks sais jewel, maybe that is why?
just add the jewel itself to your item box lol.

Wrathalos

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello, I am new here.

Have you tried taking the legend tickets with you on a hunt and giving it to the delivery felyne, it should show up afterwards?

Rich_venom

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Excuse me; How I can get a GS with a descomunal atack? Or a DuoBlade or another weapon? i try to looking for in Internet but i don't find anything. Somebody has one of that? or a program to do that? Thank you everyone for this Post!!! :yay3ds::nds::bow:

iSharingan

Show me your power
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Excuse me; How I can get a GS with a descomunal atack? Or a DuoBlade or another weapon? i try to looking for in Internet but i don't find anything. Somebody has one of that? or a program to do that? Thank you everyone for this Post!!! :yay3ds::nds::bow:
Descomunal? I assume you're using google translate, but you're not getting a good translation. I assuming you mean a high attack stat Great Sword or Dual Blades set. I recommend using this tool for damage comparison per-weapon and Athena's Armor Set Search for the armor to use with it.

I'll probably post some of my sets later (especially some Hunting Horn sets I've grown to like, as they surpass the damage output of most of the other weapons I use)

Last edited by iSharingan,

Zelkaar

Legendary Hero
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hiya, I was wondering if anyone could help me with this editor. I used SaveDataFiler to extract my save and opened it in the editor, but it just spits out a bunch of jumbled garbage. None of the information that appears in the editor is accurate to my save. Is this supposed to happen? If not, how would I fix this? Any help is appreciated, thanks.

squalltheonly

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Have you tried taking the legend tickets with you on a hunt and giving it to the delivery felyne, it should show up afterwards?

It worked after a few hunts, I don't know what that was about.

I was wondering how do I make charms. I would like to make a 4 sharpness 8 sharpnener 3 slots, which is legit according to Athena.

iSharingan

Show me your power
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hiya, I was wondering if anyone could help me with this editor. I used SaveDataFiler to extract my save and opened it in the editor, but it just spits out a bunch of jumbled garbage. None of the information that appears in the editor is accurate to my save. Is this supposed to happen? If not, how would I fix this? Any help is appreciated, thanks.
use JKSM instead
It worked after a few hunts, I don't know what that was about.

I was wondering how do I make charms. I would like to make a 4 sharpness 8 sharpnener 3 slots, which is legit according to Athena.
use the charm editor linked in the first post

iSharingan

Show me your power
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I tried this and got the same results. I even tried the version made especially for MHGen.
Best guess, you're not exporting the EXT data. Or you're exporting your MH4U data (which is encrypted and needs a different editor, plus python script to decrypt it)

Rich_venom

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Descomunal? I assume you're using google translate, but you're not getting a good translation. I assuming you mean a high attack stat Great Sword or Dual Blades set. I recommend using this tool for damage comparison per-weapon and Athena's Armor Set Search for the armor to use with it.

I'll probably post some of my sets later (especially some Hunting Horn sets I've grown to like, as they surpass the damage output of most of the other weapons I use)

Yes, that was I'm talking about, the first link you put i can't enter, there is blocked... if you post some of your set, i'll very gratefull... thank you man!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Your dad still got laid +1