• Replies 4,358
  • Likes 41

Jesus10101

lord and savior
Trophies
XP
Country
@APM
Was doing Charm runs in the Volcano and I got a charm that give me +3 to a compound skill. I thought this was not possible via save editor, let alone legitimately. Couldn't we now put 2 +10 compound skills on Talismans to get a combo of 4 skills?

APM

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@APM
Was doing Charm runs in the Volcano and I got a charm that give me +3 to a compound skill. I thought this was not possible via save editor, let alone legitimately. Couldn't we now put 2 +10 compound skills on Talismans to get a combo of 4 skills?
Nah game has internal checks to block that.

Jesus10101

lord and savior
Trophies
XP
Country
Nah game has internal checks to block that.
But I got a charm that gave me +3 to the compound skill "Dreadqueen". Shouldn't that be also blocked by the internal checks? Or are we only allowed to have 1 compound skill on a Talisman?

Hellangel98

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you don't already have a method of accessing the Homebrew channel (I didn't.) The easiest option would be to use a Powersaves dongle and the OOThax method of getting access to it. There are a few tutorial videos out there of the exact process if you look deeply enough. They are specifically for the 11.0.0.33.U update as well.
Do you really need Ocarina of Time to get the homebrew launcher working?

APM

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
But I got a charm that gave me +3 to the compound skill "Dreadqueen". Shouldn't that be also blocked by the internal checks? Or are we only allowed to have 1 compound skill on a Talisman?
I'm not sure, but there's a list of what we're allowed to have on the talisman

MistahMoo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, start off going here: http://smealum.github.io/3ds/

Download the Homebrew Starter Kit and unzip it into the root of your 3DS SD card. It will put a file in the root and make a 3DS folder with other stuff.
Remember to unzip the contents of the Starter folder, not the folder itself.

Also get JK's Save Manager: https://gbatemp.net/threads/release-jks-savemanager-homebrew-cia-save-manager.413143/
Again, unzip it to the root and it will put everything where needed. Same as before, you want the contents, not the folder it's all in in the zip.

Assuming you're using Ocarina of Time, you need: https://github.com/yellows8/oot3dhax/releases

Now, put your OoT in your Powersaves and back up your save.
It goes in C:/Users/<Your User Name>/PowerSaves

On http://smealum.github.io/3ds/ use the Otherapp/robpin tool. Put in your system type (old or new) and the version. Hit download ropbin. It will give you a file, you don't need to save it, just keep it up for reference.
In the zip for the OoT hack, there will be a couple of folders with PowerSaves files. There's two sets, I used the bottom. You may have to try the other if it doesn't work. Go to the folder for the country your system is for, and in it find the file that matches the ropbin file that you have for reference.

Copy that file to the directory of your PowerSaves backups. Copy the name of the backup you had made, then delete/rename it, and paste the name as the new name for the file you grabbed from the OoT folder.
Then when you load up PowerSaves, you restore that file back to the cart.

Then, with your SD card back in your system, load up OoT on your 3DS. Hit A to get to the start, load up the hacked save, and when everything is loaded on screen in the game, hit A. This will boot the Homebrew.

Once in the Homebrew, put your MHG cart in, and go down the list to JK's save program. Select ExtraData, and export. Give it a name and export it.
Now you can pop your SD card in your computer, and run the MHG editor and just load up the exported file, which will be under the SD:/JKSV/ExtData/<Game Name>/<Save Name you choose>

Once you're done, save, then pop the SD back in and just do the same, except Import the extradata.

And you're done.

I was able to get through the homebrew menu. My problem is that I do not see the JK save manager on the list. Am I supposed to put the manager on the root of the SD or within the '3ds' folder? Because the guide says root and I do not see the manager on the menu.

Last edited by MistahMoo,

stfb1055

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hah darn i want to play my edited palico but skill keep getting remove :( i hope there a way to fix this soon.. so i cant go palico all the way haha @APM you can do it! :D i rooting for u!

Jesus10101

lord and savior
Trophies
XP
Country
I'm not sure, but there's a list of what we're allowed to have on the talisman
Found 2 more with compound skills. In total, 2 of my talismans give +3 to compound skills while the other gives -3 to a compound skill. It could be that the talismans with compound skills can either be -3 or +3. Any higher and the games internal checks stops it.

Grunbeld

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
^Sadly that didnt work for me and removing the organizer/pack rat items didnt allow me to rebuy them.

There's this fix from https://gbatemp.net/threads/mhx-save-editing.404280/

"item/equipment boxes not unlocking Bug Fix
(it happens after cheating in the packrat/backpacker/organizer guides!)
Here is the fix:
savedataX hex offset: :01A22(add it to 000c7a1c or 001b2f48 or 0029e474) and edit the next 8 bytes to those values 00 20 60 40 00 20 60 40 (this will unlock 14 item/equipment boxes and 7 palico boxes)"

Now I'm looking at that mhx save editing program and am lost on how to do so, so hopefully this can point someone in the right direction and explain/fix it

I just backed up my save, I do already have that editor. So I'll mess around with it to see if I can get it resolved. I'll reply if I figure it out.

iSharingan

Show me your power
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ah, I just heard that from someone earlier on

they must have done something else I imported over 1400 items, the extras were discarded, the ones in locked boxes were unavailable. I bought the organization guide and the items in boxes 11 and 12 became available bit boxes 13 and 14 are still inaccessible. no crashes occurred at all

also 10,000 (or 100,000 I forget the total digits) seems to be the cap for the town request point systems

APM

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
they must have done something else I imported over 1400 items, the extras were discarded, the ones in locked boxes were unavailable. I bought the organization guide and the items in boxes 11 and 12 became available bit boxes 13 and 14 are still inaccessible. no crashes occurred at all

also 10,000 (or 100,000 I forget the total digits) seems to be the cap for the town request point systems
Yeah probably something else then. It's not actually possible to go over 1400 using my editor because of the way i get data from the save.

Last edited by APM,

iSharingan

Show me your power
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
for all those with broken boxes 11-14: import this into box 11. it'll clear the last 4 boxes entirely

Edit: due to an oversight on my part, there's an extra comma at the end. Just delete it and re-save for the import to work

Attachments

• clear boxes.txt
    800 bytes · Views: 200
Last edited by iSharingan,

HighClass

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Im pretty sure this is somewhere in the comments, but Im too lazy to read through all 30+ pages to find it. But is there a way to import all the items into the save editor so I wont have to edit my item box one at a time?

APM

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Im pretty sure this is somewhere in the comments, but Im too lazy to read through all 30+ pages to find it. But is there a way to import all the items into the save editor so I wont have to edit my item box one at a time?
Yeah Import an item list.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
  • Xdqwerty
    what are you looking at?
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: how are you guys rolling dice?