Hacking Anyway to unbrick a Coldboot start up

ituligadj

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Coldboot hax should provide a GUI to choose OFW or CFW, that way it's a bit more brick-proof. And why the fuck don't we have a better coldboot hack yet? Not being able to write the NAND backup back to the Wii U with softmod is just pathetic.

Coldbooting is just horrible... I've just screwed up my own WiiU cause I didn't remember the whole process, which I did 5 years ago, and my God, is immensely annoying and full of details and I will not even try to understand what I did, cause there are so many actions I could have done using this damn thing and would've given me the same result! The worst jailbreak EVER! I agree that someone should've already made it more user-friendly! Guess Switch's arrival overshadowed WiiU on that... In any case, I do not recommend, I wouldn't recommend it to anyone, because YES it is great to have, on the fly CFW, but have you just don't remember a step, ONE STEP, and you lose the whole videogame, BRICK IT .. do not lose access, do not lose your save files or delete all the files from HD, or whatever, anything stupid like that - it would be a massive pain, but still could fix it - NO ... YOU LOSE THE VIDEOGAME IT SELF! That's ridiculous @ last 2019... Sorry for my outburst :sad: lost my WiiU

Reactions: FRITZINATOR

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
Coldbooting is just horrible... I've just screwed up my own WiiU cause I didn't remember the whole process, which I did 5 years ago, and my God, is immensely annoying and full of details and I will not even try to understand what I did, cause there are so many actions I could have done using this damn thing and would've given me the same result! The worst jailbreak EVER! I agree that someone should've already made it more user-friendly! Guess Switch's arrival overshadowed WiiU on that... In any case, I do not recommend, I wouldn't recommend it to anyone, because YES it is great to have, on the fly CFW, but have you just don't remember a step, ONE STEP, and you lose the whole videogame, BRICK IT .. do not lose access, do not lose your save files or delete all the files from HD, or whatever, anything stupid like that - it would be a massive pain, but still could fix it - NO ... YOU LOSE THE VIDEOGAME IT SELF! That's ridiculous @ last 2019... Sorry for my outburst :sad: lost my WiiU
Sorry to hear you lost your Wii u bro. :'(

Reactions: ituligadj

ituligadj

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
The convinience is NOT worth the risk it costs! You have to, like, memorize what you can and cannot do whilst on coldboot, memorize the install and uninstall process AT HEART.. and keep forever that feeling that something bad is gonna happen... no, sorry, that's not life!

Reactions: JediAviator

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
The convinience is NOT worth the risk it costs! You have to, like, memorize what you can and cannot do whilst on coldboot, memorize the install and uninstall process AT HEART.. and keep forever that feeling that something bad is gonna happen... no, sorry, that's not life!
what? no lol after installing and setting autoboot to Sysmenu that is it lol, you dont need to memorize anything lol, latest cbhc prevents you from deleting the app or overwritting it so the only way to brick is to format your wiiu lol, so no the only thing you need to remenber is dont format your wiiu.

Reactions: sergio_prado
D

Deleted User

Older coldboothax versions were more dangerous. Even still it is to some degree. Such as formatting the wiiu. I do hope that someone does work on the boot1 exploit. But for the meantime coldboothax will have to suffice, but at this point it's pretty difficult ish to brick.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • D @ dadadad:
    Is it safe to delete the entire atmosphere folder? I don't remember what else was there, like edizon and tesla menu are installed through atmosphere, is it not a problem, will I not damage the system? There were too many mods, I won’t be able to contact each one, nothing was said about deleting in the description.
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @BigOnYa nothing that can't easily be replaced
    +1
    @dadadad no don't do that
    that will reset the configs
  • Arne214 @ Arne214:
    where can i find a clean copy of the mii maker for the wii u (EU)
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Arne214, We don't ask for roms.
    +2
  • D @ dadadad:
    The installation was only through rofms and in the game folder in content. What else can I do?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, I already told them about that and yet they make a thread
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, Well I'm sure the mods will take care of it.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Reminds me of that one Spanish guy who was in here a week or so ago, that wouldn't translate their messages.
  • Arne214 @ Arne214:
    ok sry
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, I don't remember him
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    @SylverReZ Si means yes, no means maybe
    +2
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @Arne214, it's fine but dont ask for roms here again
    +2
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @BigOnYa, I only know very little Spanish, haven't done it in 5 years lol.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, que tan poco?
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I took 3 years of Spanish in high school, ages ago but don't remb most of it. Like they say, if you don't use it, you lose it.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, A bit. I only know greetings and some other parts. Its quite an easy language to learn.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    But I don't remember most of it.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, easy to learn despite having some relatively complex rules
    +1
  • D @ dadadad:
    Should I just accept that I won't play this game anymore, or is there a way to solve this problem?
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    For some reason I remember a bunch of swear words tho, lol
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, cuz we swear more than talk normally i guess
    +2
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    @dadadad I would do like @The Real Jdbye said, they are very wise.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: @dadadad I would do like @The Real Jdbye said, they are very wise.