Homebrew Anyway to get SNES9x on Wii U home menu?

carnage781

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Or does it have to be via homebrew launcher?

I have HBL on the wii uhome menu but would really like a straight icon right to the emulators, is this at all possible?

Rednand user here

duffmmann

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can do it, but at this time it won't have gamepad (as an input) support. The one emulators you can get on your Wii U homescreen with gamepad support aside from the retroarch emulators are WiiSXR, and GenplusGX. Developers of those other GX emulators need tho update them to support the gamepad.

carnage781

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can do it, but at this time it won't have gamepad (as an input) support. The one emulators you can get on your Wii U homescreen with gamepad support aside from the retroarch emulators are WiiSXR, and GenplusGX. Developers of those other GX emulators need tho update them to support the gamepad.

Thanks for the info I appreciate it, it turns out I am interested in only using the wii u pro controller, i actually hate the gamepad tablet myself, how would I be able to add it onto the wii u?

OrGoN3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
http://gbatemp.net/threads/release-wiivc-injector-script-gc-wii-homebrew-support.483577/ using the boot.dol from https://github.com/dborth/snes9xgx/releases should work just fine, so long as they have the required files on their SD card and cfw/sigpatches on WiiU. Snes9xGX supports the wii classic controller and that is what the gamepad gets emulated as. The emulator itself doesn't need to be updated. WiiSXR and others are starting to support c2w, which is patching the vWii's clockspeed to that of the WiiU. That is what needs updating.

duffmmann

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
http://gbatemp.net/threads/release-wiivc-injector-script-gc-wii-homebrew-support.483577/ using the boot.dol from https://github.com/dborth/snes9xgx/releases should work just fine, so long as they have the required files on their SD card and cfw/sigpatches on WiiU. Snes9xGX supports the wii classic controller and that is what the gamepad gets emulated as. The emulator itself doesn't need to be updated. WiiSXR and others are starting to support c2w, which is patching the vWii's clockspeed to that of the WiiU. That is what needs updating.

Then why doesn't the gamepad work with the updated Not64? That thread on the chaos site even makes a point that WiiSXR supports the gamepad as an input while Not64 still doesn't. Despite them both getting these new forwarders compatible with the overclock app. Furthermore, in the thread on the iso site with the working genplus gx forwarder, the creator of that forwarder stated when asked if he could do the same for snes9xgx, "Not yet... sorry." He then goes on to state that its been requested as an update of the creator of those emulators, and that for now you can make a forwarder with Pro U controller support but no gamepad as an input support.

Last edited by duffmmann,
Reactions: OrGoN3

OrGoN3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Then why doesn't the gamepad work with the updated Not64? That thread on the chaos site even makes a point that WiiSXR supports the gamepad as an input while Not64 still doesn't. Despite them both getting these new forwarders compatible with the overclock app. Furthermore, in the thread on the iso site with the working genplus gx forwarder, the creator of that forwarder stated when asked if he could do the same for snes9xgx, "Not yet... sorry." He then goes on to state that its been requested as an update of the creator of those emulators, and that for now you can make a forwarder with Pro U controller support but no gamepad as an input support.
Okay so yes I was a bit off. Wii homebrew does need to be updated/rebuilt with the latest version of libwiidrc. However, if OP is just looking to have Not64 as an installed channel on OP's WiiU homescreen, OP can still use that script and use a classic controller or any other controller the homebrew currently supports.

carnage781

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can also, just use retroarch.

Well if that can also be put on the home menu thatd be ideal. But I only have it set via HBL and im setting up my wii u to not use the gamepad, that was the readon im trying to get 9x on my home screen, if the retroarch cores can have that done thatd be perfect for what i seek and why, i love those emulators

ScarletDreamz

[Debug Mode]
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well if that can also be put on the home menu thatd be ideal. But I only have it set via HBL and im setting up my wii u to not use the gamepad, that was the readon im trying to get 9x on my home screen, if the retroarch cores can have that done thatd be perfect for what i seek and why, i love those emulators
Then just use the full channel, you can find it on Wii U Usb Helper, or https://gbatemp.net/threads/retroarch-wiiu-wip.447670/

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @GhostLatte approves