Hacking Any way to edit profile and fake link account?

Homlet

Trophies
XP
Country
France
I am here attempting to upload the save file. I added the txt extension. You will need to delete the extension for usage.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Question 1: If there is some way to keep NSP installed to the SD card, that would save a lot of time... If anyone knows of one, please let me know! (I've still got 4 switches to go)

Question 2: Is there some way to transfer Users. Whenever I try it fails because I'm using 90DNS (and I would get banned for CFW if I wasn't).

Does this file work even on higher FW (namely 9.1.0)? I know kefir exists but I'd rather not use it

fauxami

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there any way to have two or more user profiles, each linked to a fake account? Turns out that if your Nintendo account is unverified, the new Animal Crossing event only works for the user with the linked account. No other users on the console get to participate.

Last edited by fauxami,

mc711

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
if anyone is still trying to get this to work, use StarDust Toolkit.

https://github.com/StarDustCFW/StarDust-Toolkit/releases

it is the original creator of LinkUser (which is what kefir uses from what i've read in this thread)
i just tried this on my 10.0.2 emuNAND and it does it seamlessly. i didn't even have to restore my old saves.

edit: here is the link to LinkUser in case anyone wants to verify
https://github.com/StarDustCFW/LinkUser

edit2: the reason i wanted to do this was to launch SNES Online. it allows me to launch it now instead of asking me to link account. so i can verify it works for that too.

edit3: after using this for a couple weeks, i was experiencing major battery drain on standby (like ~30-50% when i sleep) but it was only when i was connected to wifi. after lots of troubleshooting, i found out it was due to the fake linked account. once i unlinked the account, i don't have any battery drain (usually only ~1-2% drain now)
if you are experiencing battery drain, either turn on airplane mode or unlink the account through goldleaf.

either this has something malicious in the background or it's due to the blank dummy account trying to get the account information from nintendo. i was using 90DNS so it was constantly trying to connect but getting blocked. since there really isnt any important information on the switch i'm guessing it's the latter.

Last edited by mc711,

Altair0207

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines

it is the original creator of LinkUser (which is what kefir uses from what i've read in this thread)
i just tried this on my 10.0.2 emuNAND and it does it seamlessly. i didn't even have to restore my old saves.

edit2: the reason i wanted to do this was to launch SNES Online. it allows me to launch it now instead of asking me to link account. so i can verify it works for that too.
I wanna do this but I want to be sure. With this, there is no need to restore the saves? I’m asking this because my daughter has an animal crossing save and she would be devastated if she had to redo the whole game. If I’m reading the instructions right (the crappy translation doesnt help), there is an option to choose which profile to link a nintendo account to. Can you clarify?

Altair0207

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
Do I need internet connection for this to work?
Regards
Well I bit the bullet and used that and surprise it worked beautifully. There wasn’t any need to restore my saves since it links all profiles instead of inserting a new one. I was connected to my wifi while doing this but I wa using 90dns as well. I recommend this over kefir 100 percent. Still, make a NAND backup and saves backup just in case.

mc711

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Do I need internet connection for this to work?
Regards
i don't think so, for the two things i needed (mortal kombat and SNES online) i used it while on airplane mode without problems. although in mortal kombat it told me to disable airplane mode alot, but that's becuase it needs to connect to servers for rewards. i don't use either anymore (already beat mortal kombat and just switch to retroarch for emulation which is tons better)

CassioAug

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil

edit3: after using this for a couple weeks, i was experiencing major battery drain on standby (like ~30-50% when i sleep) but it was only when i was connected to wifi. after lots of troubleshooting, i found out it was due to the fake linked account. once i unlinked the account, i don't have any battery drain (usually only ~1-2% drain now)
if you are experiencing battery drain, either turn on airplane mode or unlink the account through goldleaf.

either this has something malicious in the background or it's due to the blank dummy account trying to get the account information from nintendo. i was using 90DNS so it was constantly trying to connect but getting blocked. since there really isnt any important information on the switch i'm guessing it's the latter.

Ok, this StarDust-Toolkit seems an interesting solution. But did anyone else tried it and can tell if faced battery issues?
I am thinking about doing it, but am a bit insecure to mess something for good.

Last edited by CassioAug,
Reactions: grcd

FMCore

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Well I bit the bullet and used that and surprise it worked beautifully. There wasn’t any need to restore my saves since it links all profiles instead of inserting a new one. I was connected to my wifi while doing this but I wa using 90dns as well. I recommend this over kefir 100 percent. Still, make a NAND backup and saves backup just in case.
I haven't had any luck with the toolkit, the link user option in English does a "reboot" but forces me to hold down the power button for 20 seconds and no account is linked, and the one in what I think is Spanish, freezes and then 20 seconds later crashes Atmopshere.

rrocha

Developer
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Current fake-linked accounts have some issues, namely with NES online and SNES Online (as example). Hang tight. There's something coming.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    i guess not...
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    yawn
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    anybody here?
  • P @ PKNate:
    nope
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    fun fact: 7 years by lukas graham, supermassive black hole by muse, and megalomania all have the same bpm
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    girls just wanna have fun and renai circulation also share the same tempo as the few i said before
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BakerMan, megalomania the live a live song?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    wait no, megalovania*
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    my bad
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I don't forgive you
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    The nerve of that guy, gosh.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yeah expecting me to forgive gtfo
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    But how could the Dr have known you didn't want to be circumcized?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    He didn't you just wanted your dick to be fondled
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Watching dune 2 it's eh
    Dune one sucked
    The original with Patrick Stewart was Great
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    A sexual psycopath that love pain where have I heard that before
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    In your high school diary?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    No but your wife let's me read her diary the word psychopath comes up more than sexual
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Lol stremio hogging all of my tvs on board ram
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Just download more Ram to it, or setup Raid666 on it.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Just download more Ram to it, or setup Raid666 on it.