Hacking Any Successful Attempts At Ripping Wii U Games?

Colarfulltaco

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I'm just quite curious on if any person has been able to or any theories on ripping Wii U games. I'm not asking if there a way to play it rather want to know since i enjoy looking into games code and material.

If anyone could tell me i'd really appreciate it!

rgjr77

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have searched myself and couldn't find much. Maybe a drive that ripped the old wii games? Probably not though. I've stuck it in all of my computers to see what happened and nothing. Supposedly the new chip will be able to rip them but who knows ...
:hateit:

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
Until I see a trustworthy report that says "yes" I'm gonna stick with "no" as an answer to that.
The Wii U key team thing released what appears to be decrypted header data. Take note, this is of the disc itself, not the executables on the disc (which would still be fed to the system signed/encrypted as they are done separately from the filesystem on-disc).

They probably used the chip to hook the drive up to a PC, sort of like how the serial port on the original Dreamcast model was used to make a Dreamcast itself into a disc dumping machine.

Reactions: Ray Lewis

Maxternal

Peanut Gallery Spokesman
Trophies
Website
gbadev.googlecode.com
XP
Country
The Wii U key team thing released what appears to be decrypted header data. Take note, this is of the disc itself, not the executables on the disc (which would still be fed to the system signed/encrypted as they are done separately from the filesystem on-disc).

They probably used the chip to hook the drive up to a PC, sort of like how the serial port on the original Dreamcast model was used to make a Dreamcast itself into a disc dumping machine.
You know, since it's a ODE and not a DVD-R drive chip, it already has a USB drive to read the game backups from in the first place. It could very well dump the disk there itself. Actually, if they've broken the encryption and understand the file system as they say then there's nothing stopping them from extracting, scrubbing or trimming the disk images as well (although scrubbing and trimming might involve re-encrypting once they're done which they might not be able to do.)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Are you gonna do your ps5 if the hack comes?