Hacking any new exploits in the pipeline?

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
I remember going shopping in "de zwarte markt"* with my girlfriend. It took me a bit of searching, but I came across wheelie breakers for 50 euro at one stance. Honestly can't tell if the shop owners knew about it. It was pretty much the priciest game of their stock, but still...

(my girlfriend convinced me not to buy it because my wii was already hacked...I'm still not convinced that it was the right thing not to buy it)

*apparently some sort of phenomenon shopping...amusement park (?) in the Netherlands

chop

Trophies
XP
Country
What we really need is an exploit for Wii Sports
laugh.gif

Yuan

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
megazig said:
Someone on 4.3k needs to get working on it then

Yes, no need to waste exploits on other regions

4.3U = 3 exploitable games
4.3E = 2 exploitable games
4.3J = 2 exploitable games

Why more? Since the only update proof exploit is Smash Stack.

Piccio

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Yuan said:
megazig said:

The big problem for 4.3E is that both games for the exploit are not available in stores anymore...

I went to videogame stores, shopping mall and Blockbuster to try to buy or rent them but nobody has these f*cking games
frown.gif

Buying a chip I'm 10000% sure that I will destroy the Wii in no time because 90% of guys that wants to softmod the Wii, like me, are totally noob.

The softmod is great but I'm not so retarded to spend €150 to buy these games on ebay.

I understand 4.3K owners but we also need an alternative
wink.gif

sr_corsario

Trophies
XP
Country
WiiBricker said:
At least I read something like that on another forums. Users were reporting that the Yu-Gi-Oh exploit did not work with their retail copy of the game.

0_o' I have just win a bid on ebay... I hope it will work
frown.gif

BlackEnigma

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was just looking at UK ebay and I have to admit that it's pretty ridiculous. The lowest buy it now that I see is just over $100 and people are trying to sell it for up to $200. I don't think I've ever paid that much for even two games.

FGOD

Wii gaming bitch
Trophies
Website
www.familievermeylen.nl
XP
Country
Netherlands
Yuan said:
megazig said:

4.3J had 3 too it has lego indiana jones, wheelie breaker has been there for J too and even the smash stacks has been made for J... but i agree K needs a exploit too...

but they need to convert smash stacks to pal and Korea. as that would solve everybody's problems...

zantzue

Trophies
XP
Country
I bought LEGO Indiana Jones The Original Adventures on an Australian website to rent it. It was shipped on January 13th. Australia is a PAL region so it should work on European Wiis. I paid 62€ -much cheaper than the bids you can see on ebay- by Paypal shipping included. I'm looking forward to trying it.

nutta_nic

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
zantzue said:
I bought LEGO Indiana Jones The Original Adventures on an Australian website to rent it. It was shipped on January 13th. Australia is a PAL region so it should work on European Wiis. I paid 62€ -much cheaper than the bids you can see on ebay- by Paypal shipping included. I'm looking forward to trying it.

LEGO Indiana Jones has been re-released with the exploit patched so fingers crossed you didnt get one of them

Yuan

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
nutta_nic said:
zantzue said:

LEGO Indiana Jones has been re-released with the exploit patched so fingers crossed you didnt get one of them

LEGO too? So, european users are really screwed :\

smf

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
nutta_nic said:

Do you have proof of that? One of the uk retailers was selling it off cheap last year & I bought a copy. While someone was telling everyone not to buy it because it was patched, I didn't have a problem with it.
They were probably buying it up and are now selling it for 6 times the price they paid.

zantzue

Trophies
XP
Country
nutta_nic said:
zantzue said:

I hope it will work but I'm afraid I will have to wait at least one more week before I try it :S. Are you AB-SO-LU-TE-LY sure they patched it?

WiiCrazy

Be water my friend!
Trophies
Website
www.tepetaklak.com
XP
Country
How about listing games that accept user entry for certain things? Then we can go around checking them if they can be exploited... Creating a Yu-gi-oh & Zelda style exploit is simple. And in case of Yu-gi-oh it's twice simple since the game doesn't apply any checksums to the savefile...

1. Find an exploit candidate...
2. Launch the game using dolphin.
3/a. Enter a string where the game prompts you for something (player name and such)... make sure you save your game
3/b. Or while progress being made in the game search the savefile for strings that are used throughout the game... Place, character or name of anything that are manually or automatically selected during the game... RPGs/Racers/Sports games are good candidates as they contain quite a lot of such elements that could be represented in the savefile...

4. Normally a C style string ends with null character which is 0 in hex, if string is unicode then it's double 0's. Using a hex editor change the save file so that the string you are attempting to exploit doesn't terminate at the expected position instead continues with the hope of smashing the stack of code that uses it... (just enter anything except 0's extending the string)

5. Save the file and load the game again using dolphin... If it gives you an error on load about corrupted savefile possibly game uses some sort of checksumming... If you succeed in crashing the game then congratulations, you've found a possible flaw that can be exploited.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: @_@