Hacking Any info on 4.0.1

8BitWonder

Small Homebrew Dev
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Did not once ask how to do anything just asked what the community knew about the kernal and yes I have an unpatched Wii u emunand that will never be released . And used to work for Nintendo .
Having worked for Nintendo in the past means nothing, which is why I figure at this point you're joking with us.
We've told you where to look for information about the Switch, feel free to visit those places for your work in the off-chance that you aren't joking.

Last edited by 8BitWonder,
Reactions: Solitario

smf

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
No just trying to speed up the task like l said I'm going to dump the kernal myself and just like my Wii u emunand it might not see the light of day .

Why would anyone help you if you hoard stuff yourself? Seems a little bit hypocritical.

Dr.doom

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why would anyone help you if you hoard stuff yourself? Seems a little bit hypocritical.
I asked for community help with the emunand and got the same treatment as I'm getting no wants to put the work in but always wants to reap the benefits.

dpad_5678

Ape weak on own. Ape strong in unity.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Did not once ask how to do anything just asked what the community knew about the kernal and yes I have an unpatched Wii u emunand that will never be released . And used to work for Nintendo .
Right and my dad works for Microsoft and gave me an Xbox Two Dev unit. Fuck off haha.

Dr.doom

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Right and my dad works for Microsoft and gave me an Xbox Two Dev unit. Fuck off haha.
I don't have to prove nothing to you at all I know what I got also I've been hacking consoles since ps2 most those elfs were based on my write ups .Have a nice day dude .

Dr.doom

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It was a call to arms but you guys rather slam typos .

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Any mod can delete this now would be great I see the community response.

softwareengineer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

How about for 3.0.1 any info? I'm good at assembler of any kind I can quickly adapt and c++ but upon being successful we have to share it! I get why people are protective(big N spys all around us) but even with the interview with Michael he said people have to work together with their individual strengths to achieve victory.

And James on the C64 it was referred to as the kernal so its not unprecedented terminology but just not correct for the switch

Last edited by softwareengineer,
Reactions: Dr.doom

Dr.doom

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How about for 3.0.1 any info? I'm good at assembler of any kind I can quickly adapt and c++ but upon being successful we have to share it! I get why people are protective(big N spys all around us) but even with the interview with Michael he said people have to work together with their individual strengths to achieve victory.
From what I know of 3.0.1 is you have a better chance then me of gaining arm access than me the sweet entry point wasn't combined with other addresses yet .

reminon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Any mod can delete this now would be great I see the community response.
If you have been around long enough, then you know that when you start by asking questions before showing your work, no one will believe you.
Of course people are going to slam your typos when they are so prevalent. A better option would have been to make a writeup of your current progress and show your current skill level. Right now you came in looking like a noob talking out your ass, looking to troll or to seek quick fame. A big problem is that you chose to make this call to arms amidst the wait of a coldboot hack. A hack that would make a mere kernel exploit useless.

The CFW progress is open sourced and is a community project. They aren't just sitting on F-G, it's in the process of a responsible disclosure. If you have the skills to create an exploit, then more power to you and happy to have you on board. If you have been around hacking scenes since the ps2 days, then you should re read your post and see why it looks so noobish.

Reactions: Dr.doom

Dr.doom

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you have been around long enough, then you know that when you start by asking questions before showing your work, no one will believe you.
Of course people are going to slam your typos when they are so prevalent. A better option would have been to make a writeup of your current progress and show your current skill level. Right now you came in looking like a noob talking out your ass, looking to troll or to seek quick fame. A big problem is that you chose to make this call to arms amidst the wait of a coldboot hack. A hack that would make a mere kernel exploit useless.

The CFW progress is open sourced and is a community project. They aren't just sitting on F-G, it's in the process of a responsible disclosure. If you have the skills to create an exploit, then more power to you and happy to have you on board. If you have been around hacking scenes since the ps2 days, then you should re read your post and see why it looks so noobish.
I am a switch noob but will figure it out .

andijames

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
If you used to work for Nintendo and, presumably, worked on their firmware then you'll have a better idea than most on how it works given how often they reuse code. Good luck anyways. Never one to stifle someones ambition but yes around these parts people need to receive before they give. Bit Dom sub like that :)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: @BigOnYa the airtags are bigger than the airpods, they won't fit