Homebrew Any Good DOS Games?

absolalone111

Chiptune Extraordinaire
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
there was a thread like this a while ago, i think i was the one who made it :P. Dizzy the egg being one of them, on the DSx86 site they have a list of dos games that work, i never got how to load games on it, but theres a dos game i love to play, its called empire, its a bit like risk. If you want il send you a copy.

choconado

Doesn't understand a damn thing on here
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
It's a DOS emulator. If you don't know how to use it, then you clearly don't know how to use DOS in general. It's all about the C:\ Prompt, knowing your folders, and where your .exe files are.

Wizerzak

Because I'm a potato!
Trophies
XP
Country
Tetris *_*
You must play Tetris or don't talk to me xD

Tetris *_*
You must play Tetris or don't talk to me xD

Nah, although Tetris is one of the greatest games ever, playing it on a DS you're MUCH better off just getting Tetris DS, or Tetris Party Deluxe (or both like me :P)

amptor

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Z, Hi-Octane, Halloween Harry, Worms, Doom

Just go to any abandonware site that has a mixture of abandonware and warez and u will find a lot of goodies. This stuff used to take hours to download now it only takes seconds and you don't have to deal with a$$holes on a dialup bbs :) the joys of the internet

shadowmanwkp

Your roms are on another rom site
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Alleycat: Very challenging classic game and very fun. You play as a cat, trying to do several things, by trying to break into people's homes. If you don't like it, then at least listen to the music at the title screen, it rocks.
Battle chess: Simple concept: chess with living pieces. Execution is great because it is very satisfying seeing your opponents pieces being smashed.
Prince of persia and prince of persia 2 shadow and flame: Another classic that's also hard as nails. You have a time limit (60 minutes IIRC) in which you have to save the princess. You can die as much as you want, but once you run out of time it's game over. After completing this game, you will hate spikes with a passion, be warned.

I didn't really play much DOS game, but these are the ones I liked. Graphics are very old though, most games are from the early ms-dos years (with the exception of PoP2).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Not even once, but 100's of times
    +2
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    My girlfriend at the time, she had me stay up with her all night because some how the crazy bitch had spent like 12 hours snorting 2 8 balls, didn't use any water (gotta clean your nose) so she had so much crusted in her nose I was sure she was gonna blow up her heart. I mean this was the stuff right off the boat so absolutely pure. ugghh so annoying
    Also doing like 320 dollars worth of coke in half a day lol damn it
    hmmm 360 even lol
    Well I was getting a discount so 320 is probably right
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    That is cheap, I used to pay $100 for a tine.
    Tine? One gram?
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Sixteenth
    Also it was literally out of a kilo when I got it off the boat so absolutely pure
    Holy shiz that's a lot
    +1
    I was getting 3.5 Grams for 320 could have stepped on it and doubled my money easy lol
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'd be afraid to it nowdays, my heart would explode prob. I just stick beers n buds nowdays.
    I would get to drive from tarpon springs to like Miami a thousand bucks lol do that twice a week and back in 92 that was good money
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa,
    @Psionic Roshambo what are you guys talking about?
    Blew it on women and muscle cars lol
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    @Xdqwerty Hamster food, its pricey nowadays to keep PCs running.
    +2
    I don't do anything except cigarettes and gotta stop eventually lol
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'd do shrooms again if could find, and I was outside camping/fishing, and had a cooler full of beer.
    +1
    I wouldn't mind some LSD, laughing until my face hurt sounds fun lol
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    You ever try soaper powder/qauludes? I did once and like a dumbass drank beer on top of taking, I woke up laying in my backyard in the pouring rain, it knocked me out. I have not seen it around in many many years.
    +1
    No never tried a lot of things but never that lol
    I did pass out one time on a floor after taking a bunch of Ambien lol thought it would help me sleep and did it lol
    Girlfriend was working at a pharmacy and stole like 500 of them, was and still is the biggest pill bottle I have ever seen lol
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Girlfriend was working at a pharmacy and stole like 500 of them, was and still is the biggest...