ROM Hack Antisavegame Restore / Secure Value Updater (PS, ACNL, PRW, SSB, XY, ORAS...)

Sakito

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hi , I want to know if the secure value works for Inazuma eleven go Galaxy / Chrono stones

when I launch the game the game is deleting data so...

help

CodigoCero

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I used this tool with my savedata and says that "Should work now" But when i put my save in pokemon shuffle save editor it stills telling me that the data has an error at "Value".
Somebody know why this still happening?

PsychoBabble

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Estonia
I'm a TOTAL n00b and I don't understand any of this.

Could somebody please give me a step-by-step of what I need to do to restore my old Pokemon Shuffle data?

I don't even know what I'm supposed to be downloading to get this thing to work or how to find my Pokemon Shuffle save on the SD card back up I did before I hacked my 3DS, so yes, I don't know anything!
Please explain it as simplistically as possible.

Scarftail

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm a TOTAL n00b and I don't understand any of this.

Could somebody please give me a step-by-step of what I need to do to restore my old Pokemon Shuffle data?

I don't even know what I'm supposed to be downloading to get this thing to work or how to find my Pokemon Shuffle save on the SD card back up I did before I hacked my 3DS, so yes, I don't know anything!
Please explain it as simplistically as possible.

If you have custom firmware on your 3DS, download and install Checkpoint. You can find your Shuffle save by looking for the folder in your SD card called "0004000000141000" (use the search function in Windows Explorer). The Shuffle save file is likely called "savedata.bin", and you can simply navigate to that file within Checkpoint and restore it.

TorturousKitty

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello,

Is anyone able to help me use this to restore my Pokemon X save? I lost my file years ago, but I still have it on my PC/SD card. I located the file in \title\00040000\00055d00\ and I copied the old file into the "old file" slot, then I copied a file I created today into the "latest file" slot. I hit "fix" after inputting the X/Y secure value provided (0x65400). It said I should have fixed the file. However, even after plugging that into my 3DS, it still says the file is not compatible.

Am I doing something wrong, or is this method no longer functional?

I am nervous to try to hack my 3DS, but I really want my file back.

If you have any advice/help for me, thank you!!

Kwyjor

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
This utility is hella old and isn't of much use anymore since Checkpoint and JKSM account for Anti Savegame Restore automatically.

Anyway:
Is anyone able to help me use this to restore my Pokemon X save? I lost my file years ago, but I still have it on my PC/SD card.
Are you trying to use this save file with the same 3DS you were using before? Because save data stored on the SD card is encrypted. Even if you wanted to use the program in this thread, you couldn't anyway if your save data is encrypted.

If you are still trying to use the same 3DS – and you haven't done a system format or a system transfer, which would change the encryption key – then you should be okay. Once you've copied the old file to the appropriate spot on your new SD card (are you using a new SD card?), you just need to run JKSM to back up your save data and then restore it right away, which should fix the secure value. Since JKSM runs directly on your 3DS, it also circumvents any encryption problems.

JKSM runs directly from the "steelhax" exploit, which does not make any persistent changes to your 3DS and is easily removed. If you want to install CFW, which is a more persistent solution, then you can run the Checkpoint save game manager instead, but the result is the same.

If you don't want to hack your 3DS at all, and you have a computer handy running Linux or MacOS, you can in theory decrypt, unpack, and re-pack your save data with a new program called save3ds. This will require you to brute-force your 3DS encryption key (movable.sed), but this is a largely automated matter at this point.

If you are not trying to use your save data with the same 3DS it originally came from, then you have a problem! You'll need the encryption key from your old 3DS, and pretty much the only way to get it is if you can access another 3DS that has your old 3DS in its Friends list.

TorturousKitty

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This utility is hella old and isn't of much use anymore since Checkpoint and JKSM account for Anti Savegame Restore automatically.

Anyway:
Are you trying to use this save file with the same 3DS you were using before? Because save data stored on the SD card is encrypted. Even if you wanted to use the program in this thread, you couldn't anyway if your save data is encrypted.

If you are still trying to use the same 3DS – and you haven't done a system format or a system transfer, which would change the encryption key – then you should be okay. Once you've copied the old file to the appropriate spot on your new SD card (are you using a new SD card?), you just need to run JKSM to back up your save data and then restore it right away, which should fix the secure value. Since JKSM runs directly on your 3DS, it also circumvents any encryption problems.

JKSM runs directly from the "steelhax" exploit, which does not make any persistent changes to your 3DS and is easily removed. If you want to install CFW, which is a more persistent solution, then you can run the Checkpoint save game manager instead, but the result is the same.

If you don't want to hack your 3DS at all, and you have a computer handy running Linux or MacOS, you can in theory decrypt, unpack, and re-pack your save data with a new program called save3ds. This will require you to brute-force your 3DS encryption key (movable.sed), but this is a largely automated matter at this point.

If you are not trying to use your save data with the same 3DS it originally came from, then you have a problem! You'll need the encryption key from your old 3DS, and pretty much the only way to get it is if you can access another 3DS that has your old 3DS in its Friends list.
Dang, thank you for the response. This was due to a system transfer from my old 3DS and I had used 2 SD cards so only one transferred. So is it a lost cause, or do you happen to know if there's any other methods to recover my save?

Thank you again!

Kwyjor

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Dang, thank you for the response. This was due to a system transfer from my old 3DS and I had used 2 SD cards so only one transferred.

This statement is unclear. A system transfer copies the NAND (i.e. the internal 3DS system memory) from one unit to another, including the encryption key. Are you trying to run Pokemon X on the unit targeted by the system transfer? Did you not copy the complete contents of the SD card? Please provide as many details as possible.

Holdup_Hero

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Idk if anyone will see this, but I’be been having trouble using this. The tool isn’t updating the secure value of my ORAS save, although I have tried multiple times while updating my “new” save. I even checked the inverse to invalidate the new save to at least check if it was functional, but it did nothing. I suspect I’m doing something wrong because I’m using a raw .SAV file, but I just wanted to make sure whether I’m doing something wrong with this just isn’t working

ihaveahax

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Idk if anyone will see this, but I’be been having trouble using this. The tool isn’t updating the secure value of my ORAS save, although I have tried multiple times while updating my “new” save. I even checked the inverse to invalidate the new save to at least check if it was functional, but it did nothing. I suspect I’m doing something wrong because I’m using a raw .SAV file, but I just wanted to make sure whether I’m doing something wrong with this just isn’t working
The secure value is stored inside the save archive, so inside the SAV file.

This is also a very old method since FBI can delete the secure value stored in the system memory for all games.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: :rofl2: