ROM Hack Antisavegame Restore / Secure Value Updater (PS, ACNL, PRW, SSB, XY, ORAS...)

TamDanny

GBATemp 3DS Fanatic
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Did you only restore the user2 with updated secure value? I don't think a single game has the rights to have more than 1 secure value for its files, probably the user1 and user3 files already had the latest secure value or you did only restore the user2 file.
I only changed the secure value of the user2 file, and it successfully loaded up the profile after re-encryption and injecting.
I see what you mean about a game not having more than 1 secure value, but even so, the other profile that my brother has (he has two in his game) showed, in the profile selection screen, as a working save file (it shows name, stats, play time, etc.). Then again, he hasn't opened the untouched profile; so I'll ask him to test it.

suloku

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I only changed the secure value of the user2 file, and it successfully loaded up the profile after re-encryption and injecting.
I see what you mean about a game not having more than 1 secure value, but even so, the other profile that my brother has (he has two in his game) showed, in the profile selection screen, as a working save file (it shows name, stats, play time, etc.). Then again, he hasn't opened the untouched profile; so I'll ask him to test it.
What I meant is that if you probably only restored profile 2 to the most recent savegame, thus the other profile would have the latest secure value.
It's a pitty the demo doesn't create a save file, would be great for testing.

suloku

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Current progress: decripting already ported to C. Time to port encription.

I'd need a full savegame backup of the game though, or is it only 3 files? (user1, user2 and user3)?

GoldenHamburger

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Current progress: decripting already ported to C. Time to port encription.

I'd need a full savegame backup of the game though, or is it only 3 files? (user1, user2 and user3)?
Depends on how many game saves you have. If you have one, only user1. Two, user1 and user2 (or 3 if you saved it in the 3rd slot) and Three has all three.

suloku

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Depends on how many game saves you have. If you have one, only user1. Two, user1 and user2 (or 3 if you saved it in the 3rd slot) and Three has all three.
But the max savefiles are 3 and there aren't any other files right?

I.E.: ocarina of time has 6 save slots (3 for normal mode, 3 for master quest mode) and a global configuration file (7 files in total).

GoldenHamburger

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
But the max savefiles are 3 and there aren't any other files right?

I.E.: ocarina of time has 6 save slots (3 for normal mode, 3 for master quest mode) and a global configuration file (7 files in total).
There are the 3 userx files, and then an extra one called system.

suloku

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Well, I guess maybe the system one also has a secure value? I really need a tester.

BTW, I have already decrypting and encrypting working, I just need to make it into a couple nice functions that can be easily called by svdt.

I'll also make a pc tool as with RWSecureValue, but it may be missing the system file. I hope it isn't encrypted, or even that it doesn't use asr.

suloku

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I have already coded an app to update the secure value for monster hunter 4 ultimate, but I'd need a tester or at least a full savefile, check if the system file is also encrypted/secure value protected.

Next step is put the code into svdt, but I'd still need a tester.

GoldenHamburger

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have already coded an app to update the secure value for monster hunter 4 ultimate, but I'd need a tester or at least a full savefile, check if the system file is also encrypted/secure value protected.

Next step is put the code into svdt, but I'd still need a tester.
I can test for ya. I've already got a save ready for testing. Does it matter if it's from a different 3ds?

snoppslamp

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm new to 3ds modding and I have no idea how to get this secure value program working. I'm trying to fix my pokemon y save data as it won't let me play due to the save game being on an older version. I'm not sure where the file is even located on the sd card. Can someone help me out?

Bertholdi

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
It´s not working the Secure Velue to me;
How should I clear or transfer the secure valeu number from my back up to my modify game?
Plz Step by Step

Scarftail

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This doesn't work for me. In fact, upon opening the save files with HxD, I noticed that the strings in offset 00065400 are identical even before using the tool and the files still don't load into the game. Doesn't this mean that this is the wrong secure value offset for Pokemon X and Y?

Last edited by Scarftail,

suloku

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
This doesn't work for me. In fact, upon opening the save files with HxD, I noticed that the strings in offset 00065400 are identical even before using the tool and the files still don't load into the game. Doesn't this mean that this is the wrong secure value offset for Pokemon X and Y?
I myself have the cartridge version, but I'm pretty sure due to many save dumps that the offset is correct. Also, the fact that you are the first one to complain about such a popular game in more than a month makes me think the problem is on your end.
Know that svdt can patch the secure value on 3DS itself, reading the new one directly from the savegame partition.

Also, load the file in pkhex and make sure all checksums are correct (pkhex has a checksum verifier), because maybe your file is really corrupted.

Scarftail

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I myself have the cartridge version, but I'm pretty sure due to many save dumps that the offset is correct. Also, the fact that you are the first one to complain about such a popular game in more than a month makes me think the problem is on your end.
Know that svdt can patch the secure value on 3DS itself, reading the new one directly from the savegame partition.

From what I've read, svdt requires homebrew, so I'd rather just use this tool. It looks like I'm clearly misunderstanding something. Could you please interpret what I'm doing wrong based on the attached images? In this case, the string comparison is after using the tool. Am I not supposed to use the SD saves?

Attachments

• Untitled.png
    Untitled.png
    35 KB · Views: 345
  • Untitled2.png
    Untitled2.png
    4.2 KB · Views: 358
Last edited by Scarftail,

ihaveahax

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
From what I've read, svdt requires homebrew, so I'd rather just use this tool. It looks like I'm clearly misunderstanding something. Could you please interpret what I'm doing wrong based on the attached images? In this case, the string comparison is after using the tool. Am I not supposed to use the SD saves?
svdt does require homebrew, but it gives you access to the decrypted saves. Those on the SD card are encrypted for your system. You might just have to use svdt somehow.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @K3Nv2, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BLdXfFsgvkE