Homebrew [Another poll] How many people have been banned after Friday 5/26

Were you banned within the past 24 hours?

• Yes

Votes: 28 10.0%
  • No

Votes: 247 87.9%
  • Multiple systems, please comment the status.

Votes: 6 2.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

nl255

Trophies
XP
Country
Not banned as of earlier today. I have been checking daily since the banwave started by going into netflix/youtube or playing mk7 online (note that mk7 is a legit cia). Had spotpass sharing on until the banwave started, but when I heard about the banwave I turned it off and cleared my play time history with cthulhu (after turning off my router so it wouldn't connect before I changed the settings and cleared the logs) and then immediately went into pokemon bank to both check for a ban and if not retrieve everything in it in case I got banned later.

Funkentanz

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Not banned yet.
N3DS, bought last September new, Installed A9LH immediately, Installed B9S on Day 1. Sending Stuff to Nintendo is disabled since. Also my WiFi and SpotPass is off 99% of the time. I only put it on, when I do something online, and put it off to safe battery.
The N3DS never was linked to a NNID.

Last edited by Funkentanz,

yuukulele

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
Howdy, long time lurker here checking in for this I suppose, anything that could possibly help with gathering info though I'm afraid this is pretty generic.

• n3DSXL | 11.4.0-37U | luma+b9s updated to b9s a day after its public release
  • Not banned yet, did a check a few minutes ago
  • I took the chance to unlink my NNID earlier today cause that's a thing I've wanted to do for a while
  • Spotpass, Sending data to Nintendo, Favorite Title, and Currently Playing status are all off air
  • Activity Log not wiped
  • FBI and FreebShop are installed i'm unsure what other apps would be significant but these two pop up a lot
  • I use both apps to update my games manually cause my eShop is borked along with downloading DLC on occasion
  • I haven't been online in-game of any titles I own since the banwave started

ArtemisM

Kupo for Kupo Nuts
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not banned. Wifi was never off, I use cheats like playcoin setter, apps such as save manager, have a prolific homebrew-oriented activity log, my "favorite" is an out-of-region title (MHXX), and I regularly play online.

RedBlueGreen

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Not banned. Clearing my cache with Cthulhu late yesterday somehow turned my wifi options back on, but I checked and wasn't banned. But it was scary.

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
To those who said "Yes," please post the date before you were banned and when you were banned. If you were banned before Friday or hadn't turned your system on before Friday, please don't vote. I am looking for people who weren't banned on Friday, but were then banned after Friday
Bumping this post again. Please comment if you weren't banned on Friday, but then banned after checking on Friday. Example, checked and it was not banned Friday, but then banned on Saturday. If you were banned before Friday or hadn't touched your system until this thread, do not vote yes

hiten

Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
I do think the banwave is for some special titles, not for all yet.

That kinda possible, because the day before this whole banwave started, I still went online to receive items on Dragon Quest VIII (undub + uncensored mod), and I'm currently not banned.
The online feature for DQ8 is not real-time multiplayer; just downloading items and exchanging photos with other players.

JerryShaw

Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
That kinda possible, because the day before this whole banwave started, I still went online to receive items on Dragon Quest VIII (undub + uncensored mod), and I'm currently not banned.
The online feature for DQ8 is not real-time multiplayer; just downloading items and exchanging photos with other players.
Kinda the same, scared but lucky not banned.

delete12345

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not banned. Had all analytics enabled, and am taking the most risks of sending information to Nintendo.

Once I am banned, that probably means I've actually triggered the flag condition to getting banned.

Activity Log:

5/14/2017 - Used hblauncher_loader v1.2 for 1 minute.
5/15/2017 ~ 5/30/2017 - All Nintendo games. No homebrew whatsoever, thanks to a well-timed vacation and only brought the Switch with me.

Result: Not banned.

Last edited by delete12345,

LinkBlaBla

This is Perfect!
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Not banned. Had all analytics enabled, and am taking the most risks of sending information to Nintendo.

Once I am banned, that probably means I've actually triggered the flag condition to getting banned.

Activity Log:

5/14/2017 - Used hblauncher_loader v1.2 for 1 minute.
5/15/2017 ~ 5/30/2017 - All Nintendo games. No homebrew whatsoever, thanks to a well-timed vacation and only brought the Switch with me.

Result: Not banned.
I am actually wondering if any ambassador user got banned?

delete12345

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am also wondering if anyone in Nintendo is actually reading GBATemp... given how well-known our presences are. Maybe putting my Activity Log online here is a bad idea.

(Cowarding because I can't help myself...)

LinkBlaBla

This is Perfect!
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I am also wondering if anyone in Nintendo is actually reading GBATemp... given how well-known our presences are. Maybe putting my Activity Log online here is a bad idea.

Apperently here all info you leak get to the internet...accidently left email on picture got trolled hard as fuck..so no wonder people get banned .

The Catboy

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica

Maybe, I mean they did start adding a NATIVE_FIRM requirement to the homemenu. This had been a widely talked about issue before 11.3 and most people were even wondering if Nintendo was considering it. When 11.3 hit, we were actually rocked pretty hard by that update. Then 11.4 did the same thing rocked us again.
So maybe Nintendo is either watching us or the information from here is getting so wide spread, that it's getting back to Nintendo. Or maybe Nintendo already been 2 steps ahead of us and we just happen to catch onto their plans. It could also be the latter of all three.

delete12345

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No matter, if I get banned after this, then that tells me and everyone here that Nintendo is really lurking in here. I don't plan to play 3ds until sometime in June or July, thanks to an occupied Switch backlog.

Greymane

Lurking gbatemp pony
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Got banned in the beginning of this wave, but since i don't really use online play that much(mostly bravely default and such) i didn't lose much from it.
For the moment me just be waiting, and gathering information from what people say.

The Catboy

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
No matter, if I get banned after this, then that tells me and everyone here that Nintendo is really lurking in here. I don't plan to play 3ds until sometime in June or July, thanks to an occupied Switch backlog.
Considering your friend code isn't indicated, your email isn't shown, etc. It's doubtful Nintendo will ban you from your posts alone.
It would be more likely that someone like me would get banned (both because I am showing my friend code in my signature and publicly testing my systems.)

delete12345

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Considering your friend code isn't indicated, your email isn't shown, etc. It's doubtful Nintendo will ban you from your posts alone.
It would be more likely that someone like me would get banned (both because I am showing my friend code in my signature and publicly testing my systems.)
Yay, well my fear is really unwarranted then.

Reactions: The Catboy

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Not sure if RetroArch has improved it's UI or not