Not open for further replies.

TheDarkSeed

I'm a pretentious sack of shit
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
CasperH said:
Sigh, does Nintendo never get tired of making money?
biggrin.gif

No but they seem quite tired of loosing money to piraters.

TheDarkSeed

I'm a pretentious sack of shit
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think with this console nintendo it targeting their fanboys/girls and people who haven't quite decided whether they should buy a ds or not. I mentioned earlier that they might not be releasing one with just a bigger screen. It might be completely redesigned to attract more customers.

What they should be doing is redesigning the Wii so that it has an HDD or some shit. You know? something useful. They just keep redesigning the ds cause its cheaper. Nintendo never goes that extra mile to ensure their products are the best they can be. But they just keep crankin out more designs with extra bells n' whistles.

But honestly, I think this new DSi is gonna be badass. My thoughts are it'll be more like an iphonish design. If so. then maybe I'll buy one.
smile.gif

Costello

Headmaster
Administrator
Trophies
XP
I updated the portal news with more information

http://kotaku.com/5392421/nintendo-announces-big-screen-dsi

Kotaku said:
The rumors are true. Today, at Nintendo's press event in Tokyo, the company announced a revised version of the Nintendo DS.

Dubbed the Nintendo DSi LL, the new portable will feature a 4.2 inch screen. Priced at ¥20,000 (US$220) the DSi LL will be released on November 21. The "LL" refers to the extra large size.

The redesign comes at the request of customers who said they wanted a larger screen, and the screen is a 93 percent increase over the DS Lite's screen size. The DSi LL is geared for those who want to use their Nintendo handheld for internet and as a music player as the larger screen is able to displayer letters and characters in a bigger font.

The DSi LL is bundled with a longer touch pen (129.3mm), and comes will three DSiWare titles pre-installed: Two brain training games (one for humanities, the other for sciences) and DS Easy Dictionary. Releasing in three colors, the DSi LL will be available in Dark Brown, Wine Red and Natural White.

dsill.jpg

Spikey

Your Special Someone
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
More pictures, includes the other colors.
darkbrown.jpg

winered.jpg

naturalwhite.jpg

BoxShot

Chiyo-chan :3
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
o.o Just me or did they forget to make the buttons bigger. *is not getting* Then again we don't even know when it will come out to japan or the u.s.

Can someone do a screen comparasion from the dsi and that dsi ll

Veho

The man who cried "Ni".
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
Whoa
blink.gif
Dat screen.

I really want those screens on my Phat... Also, larger stylus FTW.

And that wine red one looks great.
yaynds.gif

wolffangalchemist

This is bat country!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So it is real.... if they release it in the states i might get one since i don't have a dsi.
If nothing else i'll get one to bean people in the head with since it's the size of a small yet thick book.
EDIT: also... DAT STYLUS

jonesman99

GBAtemp's Official ArchAndroid
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
ok... time out, flag on the play... now i love nintendo just as much as the next guy or gal, but the dsi has only been out a less than a year (itll be a yr and some change when actually released) but who else thinks their innovation has gotten out of hand?

albeit, it has a nice and more comfortable pocket and possibly hand feel and touch to it, but i bet that its internal statistics will be exactly the same as the others...

This so far is my opinion... it is not meant to sway people or cause a disturbance... but im starting to wonder about the future nintendo's handhelds...

Spikey

Your Special Someone
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
jonesman99 said:
ok... time out, flag on the play... now i love nintendo just as much as the next guy or gal, but the dsi has only been out a less than a year (itll be a yr and some change when actually released) but who else thinks their innovation has gotten out of hand?

albeit, it has a nice and more comfortable pocket and possibly hand feel and touch to it, but i bet that its internal statistics will be exactly the same as the others...

This so far is my opinion... it is not meant to sway people or cause a disturbance... but im starting to wonder about the future nintendo's handhelds...
Seriously. What is your deal? And people who share your thoughts. IT'S AN OPTION! It's not a replacement for the current DSi, just another option for people of other preferences. Some people don't like or have trouble with the smaller ones, especially older people. Why discriminate? Seriously?! If you don't like it, don't get it. Simple. People don't bitch about other electronics and gadgets that have multiple models for people with different preferences, why is a handheld any different?

/rant

EDIT: Fixed typo. How the hell did I type know instead of don't?

rithsv

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
rithsv.net
XP
Country
Spikey said:
Seriously. What is your deal? And people who share your thoughts. IT'S AN OPTION! It's not a replacement for the current DSi, just another option for people of other preferences. Some people don't like or have trouble with the smaller ones, especially older people. Why discriminate? Seriously?! If you don't like it, don't get it. Simple. People don't bitch about other electronics and gadgets that have multiple models for people with different preferences, why is a handheld any different?

/rant
+1.
Exactly why the DSLite is still on sale.

Veho

The man who cried "Ni".
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
Spikey said:
Seriously?! If you don't like it, don't get it. Simple. People don't bitch about other electronics and gadgets that have multiple models for people with different preferences, why is a handheld any different?

bow.gif

As long as both (all three, if you count the DSL) models are available in stores, I don't see what everyone's whining about.

BoxShot

Chiyo-chan :3
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Now everyone has an option! DSi LL for the older people, DSi for er .... guys who play ds games and want dsi ware, and dsl for people who still love their gba slot!

wolffangalchemist

This is bat country!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
BoxShot said:
DSi LL for the older people.
if it's build close enough to the size of a DS fat i'm gonna say it's for people with big hands too.
i've broken 3 different ds lite's from droping them do to hand cramps, and i think i'm close to breaking my 4th.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Biomutant looks cool tho, may have to try that
  • Quincy @ Quincy:
    Usually when such a big title leaks the Temp will be the first to report about it (going off of historical reports here, Pokemon SV being the latest one I can recall seeing pop up here)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I still like how a freaking mp3 file hacks webos all that security defeated by text yet again
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    They have simulators for everything nowdays, cray cray. How about a sim that shows you playing the Switch.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That's called yuzu
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I want a 120hz 4k tv but crazy how more expensive the 120hz over the 60hz are. Or even more crazy is the price of 8k's.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    No real point since movies are 30fps
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Not a big movie buff, more of a gamer tbh. And Series X is 120hz 8k ready, but yea only 120hz 4k games out right now, but thinking of in the future.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Mostly why you never see TV manufacturers going post 60hz
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I only watch tv when i goto bed, it puts me to sleep, and I have a nas drive filled w my fav shows so i can watch them in order, commercial free. I usually watch Married w Children, or South Park
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Stremio ruined my need for nas
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I stream from Nas to firestick, one on every tv, and use Kodi. I'm happy w it, plays everything. (I pirate/torrent shows/movies on pc, and put on nas)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Kodi repost are still pretty popular
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    What the hell is Kodi reposts? what do you mean, or "Wut?" -xdqwerty
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Google them basically web crawlers to movie sites
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    oh you mean the 3rd party apps on Kodi, yea i know what you mean, yea there are still a few cool ones, in fact watched the new planet of the apes movie other night w wifey thru one, was good pic surprisingly, not a cam
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Damn, only $2.06 and free shipping. Gotta cost more for them to ship than $2.06
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I got my Dad a firestick for Xmas and showed him those 3rd party sites on Kodi, he loves it, all he watches anymore. He said he has got 3 letters from AT&T already about pirating, but he says f them, let them shut my internet off (He wants out of his AT&T contract anyways)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That's where stremio comes to play never got a letter about it
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I just use a VPN, even give him my login and password so can use it also, and he refuses, he's funny.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I had to find and get him an old style flip phone even without text, cause thats what he wanted. No text, no internet, only phone calls. Old, old school.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: @BigOnYa...