ROM Hack Animal Crossing: New Leaf ROM Hacking

probablygay

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey, just checking in-- is there any tool capable of exporting and importing new meshes into ACNL? I really want to mod the park projects and villagers and stuff for a totally new experience.

CeeDee

fuckin dork
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Slattz

Easygoing Fairy
Trophies
XP
Country
Ireland
I know this thread is pretty dead, but I've just released a tool for customisable ACNL rom hacks. Since there's not much 'user-friendly' rom hacking stuff, I wanted to at least release something that lets people customise the game, even if it's only 'small' customisations atm.
Its mainly exefs mods, but some of it's features include:
  • Shop Opening Hours Editor
  • Item Price Randomiser
  • Disable Region Check & Checksum Check
  • Disable Resetti
  • Reese/Nooklings/Leila Buy Items For Sell Price
  • Shops Buy Native Fruit For Same Price As Foreign Fruit
  • Force Weather
More of its features can be seen in the Readme. Anyways, hopefully it'll be of some use to somebody :)

Last edited by Slattz,

JavaScribe

Confused
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
just released a tool... (feature list)
These are all things you can't do with the ACNL editor currently available. Interesting.
Edit: Duh they are. This edits the ROM and not the save, and the other thing edits the save and not the ROM.

It bothers me that you swapped an "its" and an "it's" in the same sentence.

Last edited by JavaScribe,

8BitWonder

Small Homebrew Dev
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I know this thread is pretty dead, but I've just released a tool for customisable ACNL rom hacks. Since there's not much 'user-friendly' rom hacking stuff, I wanted to at least release something that lets people customise the game, even if it's only 'small' customisations atm.
Its mainly exefs mods, but some of it's features include:
  • Shop Opening Hours Editor
  • Item Price Randomiser
  • Disable Region Check & Checksum Check
  • Disable Resetti
  • Reese/Nooklings/Leila Buy Items For Sell Price
  • Shops Buy Native Fruit For Same Price As Foreign Fruit
  • Force Weather
More of its features can be seen in the Readme. Anyways, hopefully it'll be of some use to somebody :)
Ooh, I'd love to get cherry blossoms going. :)
I edited the tree textures a while back to be blossomed all year but failed to get the weather/event working.

Slattz

Easygoing Fairy
Trophies
XP
Country
Ireland
These are all things you can't do with the ACNL editor currently available. Interesting.

It bothers me that you swapped an "its" and an "it's" in the same sentence.
Well yea, it makes sense you can't do them in a save editor since this edits the game's files itself, not the save lol

Ooh, I'd love to get cherry blossoms going. :)
I edited the tree textures a while back to be blossomed all year but failed to get the weather/event working.
My app can force cherry blossoms to always be on, plus change how much spawns at once, so have fun I guess :ha:

Reactions: 8BitWonder

Vallory25

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Hi everyone, i’d like to change the season parameters (for example i want snow after February 25th, with the possibility of building snowmen)
Does someone know how to do it?

Slattz

Easygoing Fairy
Trophies
XP
Country
Ireland
Hi everyone, i’d like to change the season parameters (for example i want snow after February 25th, with the possibility of building snowmen)
Does someone know how to do it?
I've documented how some season stuff works here actually.
You'll need to find the SeasonStartDates array inside the code.bin. I think changing this will do what you're asking.

Search 0F 01 12 02 18 02 1F 03 05 04 0A 04 0E 04 in the code.bin and you should find the array of the dates :)

Vallory25

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Tank you, now I modified the exefs but I have a problem, when I upload it with Luma the game doesn’t show me the changes. In the luma folder I have titles>titlename>exefs>code. Is it the right way?

Vallory25

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Perfect, I tried and now it works!
I was also looking for other stuffs in code.bin, for example the dates of cherry blossom falling, the dates of special events and, I think this is more complicated, the time when the sun rises or sets. Another thing I always wanted to do is changing fish and bugs spawn dates and time. Do you know anything about these?

D

Deleted User

2019-01-30.png
Hi
I'm new to hacking and my question may be too early but I do not understand this:
When I try to extract the Cia from my ACNL in the PackHack everything is created except the folders :(, I have already tried to pass it to Cia with other applications (thus, the first time I did it was with "Decrypt9Wip" and then with "EasyGodmode" ) but none has given me the folders when extracting it, right now I am trying with "GoodMode" to see if this time it works.

I hope someone can help me, pls.

PDT ?: Sorry if my English is not so good, actually I speak Spanish and this was translated into the google translator

Vallory25

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I’m doing some research but I didn’t find nothing. Does someone know how to change time when the sun rises and sets (change from 6 A.M. 6 P.M. to another time) and change the cherry blossoms falling days (now they’re from April 7 to 10)

Reactions: JavaScribe

Slattz

Easygoing Fairy
Trophies
XP
Country
Ireland
So last night I wrote a program that lists the filenames of Item models and corresponds them with their item names/IDs.
This will basically make creating Item texture hacks/model swaps much easier now, as it's now easy to find out which models correspond with which items rather than having the guess through the item models.

Here's the list incase anyone is interested (Click the "Raw" button if you want an easily saveable/copyable version).

Happy Texture Modding :)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    S @ salazarcosplay: good morning everyone