Gaming Animal Crossing: City Folk

Defiance

oh my god.. it's full of trading cards...
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How are you supposed to AC:WW items in to AC:CF games? When they built Wild World, did they already have that planned?

ConraDargo

Flashback Fanatic
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Another adjustment has been made after watching this interview with Eguchi @ IGN. I've replaced the "Comedy Club" with a "Theater" instead and it's no longer "run by Dr. Shrunk" - it seems that he's just one of several characters that you can meet there! Actually if you look at this print screen from the interview, you'll see two paintings hanging on the wall inside of the theater and since one of them has Shrunk's face on it - I'm pretty sure that the painting hanging next to him depicts one of the other character who hangs out at that place... but I can't figure out who it is ><

Give it a go and let's hear your guess!
smile.gif

Nin10doFan said:
How are you supposed to AC:WW items in to AC:CF games? When they built Wild World, did they already have that planned?
Maybe they did, maybe not. I know nothing of programming myself so who knows - maybe stuff like this isn't very hard at all to pull through, they just thought "hey we should be able to do this" and then did
smile.gif

Zerrix

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
ConraDargo said:
Yeah it's pretty amazing, I always thought that it would only come out in Japan this year and maybe US and Europe next spring or something. So that's just great!
biggrin.gif

But why the heck do you own a PAL Wii if if you live in the US?? Even I have a US Wii
laugh.gif

No, no I don't live in the USA.
rolleyes.gif

I am living in Germany.
I just don't know how to change the country in My Controls xD

whatever, great post.
AC is one of the best games ever!
I do really hope it will support the Halloween - Day cause I just love the atmosphere in this freaky time^^

ConraDargo

Flashback Fanatic
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Zerrix said:
ConraDargo said:
Yeah it's pretty amazing, I always thought that it would only come out in Japan this year and maybe US and Europe next spring or something. So that's just great!
biggrin.gif

But why the heck do you own a PAL Wii if if you live in the US?? Even I have a US Wii
laugh.gif

No, no I don't live in the USA.
rolleyes.gif

I am living in Germany.
I just don't know how to change the country in My Controls xD

whatever, great post.
AC is one of the best games ever!
I do really hope it will support the Halloween - Day cause I just love the atmosphere in this freaky time^^
LOL! Well then, wish I could help you show your true nationality but unfortunately I'm as clueless as yourself XD

And Halloween has already been confirmed!
grog.gif

Puxel

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm not joking anymore.
First release team to get it out the door gets like, $10 via paypal from me. Who else is in?

ConraDargo

Flashback Fanatic
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Well I for one am totally gonna pay for this game (pay Nintendo, I mean). Soo worth every dollar - I wouldn't care if they so decided to charge a hundred bucks for it
wub.gif

Master Mo

F.R.E.E.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
shawnieboy said:
unsure.gif
I hope Nintendo doesn't ruin this game as much as it has to other franchises brought to the Wii
I really don`t know what game you are referring to...
Zelda, Metroid and Mario were incredible if you ask me.

I still don`t get, how Reggie called this hardcore... I was expecting just one game for me.

Livin in a box

Livin' in a cardboard box
Trophies
XP
Country
Master Mo said:
shawnieboy said:
unsure.gif
I hope Nintendo doesn't ruin this game as much as it has to other franchises brought to the Wii
I really don`t know what game you are referring to...
Zelda, Metroid and Mario were incredible if you ask me.

I still don`t get, how Reggie called this hardcore... I was expecting just one game for me.
I thought he meant Grand Theft Auto?

ConraDargo

Flashback Fanatic
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
It's not much but I spotted the following information @ GameSpot who, like a handful of other journalists, had the privilege to sit down with Miyamoto and Eguchi for a private Q&A event at the end of E3 (I managed to miss that they too were invited):

* A new visitor will come along and hide eggs around town during Easter.
I was guessing that the Easter Bunny would make an appearance and it looks like I was right - unless they've replaced him with some other animal, but that seems unlikely and pretty uncalled for.

* We also learned that the theatre in the city will show comedy and musical shows.
Both comedy and musical eh? We knew about the comedy before (Dr. Shrunk) but musical? Who could be in charge of that... Perhaps the second character pictured on the painting inside of the theater?

Any guesses?

* If you're connected to WiiConnect24, then special gifts will be delivered to you by Nintendo over time.
As was the case with Wild World. Good to know!
smile.gif

* In Japan at least, there will be special zones set up where DS owners can download new items just like those who can access WiiConnect24 from home. It's a feature that Nintendo hopes to bring to the US too, but Eguchi claims this is still being worked out.
Ah yes, again - just as I had foreseen. Wonder if we'll ever see anything like that here in Europe... :/

ConraDargo

Flashback Fanatic
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Update! I just knew that I had missed something over at IGN and looking at their AC:CF media yet again, my eyes caught five hands-on videos with "off-screen" in their title description - meaning that they were shot off-stage so to speak, and not during the press conference. Looking at these I saw:

* Labelle - the third Able-sister (or just a distant relative) that runs Gracie's boutique in the city

* It seems that you can now switch between two tools with the press of a button instead of having to open up your inventory/pockets! How convenient
smile.gif

ConraDargo

Flashback Fanatic
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Another quick update: Looking at this video we see how the players are able to switch between more than just two tools (as I first reported above) without bringing up the inventory/pockets!

Mucho convenient
happy.gif

ConraDargo

Flashback Fanatic
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Update: it seems that Katrina has her own place inside the city as well - I missed how Fang says "I think I'll visit Katrina myself" in the trailer when the player bumps into him near the city fountain.

linuxares

The inadequate, autocratic beast!
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Crap, this make me just feel bad. I think I must get a GC savecard and try the first Animal Crossing, else I probably won't understand this.

Brian117

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wow, first I just want to say GREAT thread. You have updated us with images, sources, and news to. This should really be sticky'd. And fast to.

I am still deciding if I should get this game or not...The game comes out one day before my birthday, (The game releases November 16th 2008 for USA), so I'm still deciding if that could be my only gift for my birthday. The graphics via the images look about, 5/10...Not great. I am also sad about no new items/themes...Just our usual Regal, Cabin, Blue, etc., so that's a letdown.

It seems like the town is MUCH bigger though. And that is really a good thing. It seems like the game has a Downtown. Awesome ^.^

But yeah...we'll see if Nintendo updates the graphics and items...if they do. It's a must have for me. If not, it's still going to be a 50/50 decision.

ConraDargo

Flashback Fanatic
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
linuxares said:
Crap, this make me just feel bad. I think I must get a GC savecard and try the first Animal Crossing, else I probably won't understand this.
AnimalCrossingX said:
Maybe you should try AC: Wild World for DS if you have one. It's more like City Folk than the GCN version is.
What he said ^

QUOTE(Brian117 @ Jul 29 2008, 07:59 PM)
Wow, first I just want to say GREAT thread. You have updated us with images, sources, and news to. This should really be sticky'd. And fast to.

I am still deciding if I should get this game or not...The game comes out one day before my birthday, (The game releases November 16th 2008 for USA), so I'm still deciding if that could be my only gift for my birthday. The graphics via the images look about, 5/10...Not great. I am also sad about no new items/themes...Just our usual Regal, Cabin, Blue, etc., so that's a letdown.

It seems like the town is MUCH bigger though. And that is really a good thing. It seems like the game has a Downtown. Awesome ^.^

But yeah...we'll see if Nintendo updates the graphics and items...if they do. It's a must have for me. If not, it's still going to be a 50/50 decision.
Ty for those kind words, I'm trying my best to keep everyone updated and on their toes
happy.gif

The themes sure could use an update - I agree with you on that. But hey one of the best features this new installment has is the downloadable, extra content after all! So even if we don't get any of that at launch - Nintendo could just throw something in any time they want
biggrin.gif
As for the graphics, I think they're good enough as they are. The game looks a lot better than the DS version if you ask me - much sharper. And the simple look is part of the game's charm
smile.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: CRAZY HAMBURGER