mameks

in memoriam of gravitas
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
pitman said:
luke_c said:
Last episode tonight, some more good news though.

AnimeNewsNetwork said:
The 7th Blu-ray and DVD volumes of the Angel Beats! television anime series will include not only the 13th and final television episode "Graduation," but also an unaired special. The Blu-ray edition and the limited DVD edition will also bundle a bonus DVD with the second "making-of" video for the series. The 13th television episode is airing in Japan on Friday.
Source.

A special might be nice, but it better have more TK in it, because that's the sole reason i'm watching this now

Either that or a fanservice episode.
smileipb2.png

pitman

Addicted to Magical Girls
Trophies
XP
Country
Iceland
What the heck was that ending ?

That is a lazy and stupid ending...

from a blogger said:
The phrase "Train wreck" comes to mind, but it’s really not accurate. Trains have momentum and direction. This does not. A better analogy would be a pack of feral chihuauas in heat. With grenades taped to their backs. Entertaining and destructive, maybe even cute and tragic at times, but ultimately a waste of explosives and snake food.

TheWingless

Wafuu~
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Well... If it makes anyone happier, the Keep the Beats album seems to be out, though not from the two big names.

It has the Yui version of My Soul, Your Beats! and the ED for episode 10 when Yui disappears. And some more songs that are alternate versions or some songs we haven't heard.

ojsinnerz.

Damned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Wow, the last episode just turned the entire show into shit. Ok, it was already shit to begin with, but even worse than what I imagined.

Forced drama kawaii moe ugu show with gay males and disappearing heterosexual lovers.

We also still don't know anything about the characters. They just said lolfuckthatshityo and ended it really really weak.

pitman

Addicted to Magical Girls
Trophies
XP
Country
Iceland
Everybody resolving their "regrets" off screen pissed me off, why does a graduation make you disappear ?
Its not like every character regretted graduating high-school...

Maybe in 4 years we'll get Angel Beats 2014 (like Kanon 2006
tongue.gif
).

I have had it with Jun Maeda/KEY adaptations, first Clannad ~AF~ then this, the next time there is something by them I'll skip it (Air is still good in my book).

Panzer Tacticer

veteran human
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Heheheheheeh I DO feel sort of sad for all you 13 year old schmucks that can't appreciate a nice moe moment for what it is best suited for.

I'm 48, I recall the red menace, something which is a lot worse than all the lame fear drama of 9/11

Yeah I recall a world a shit load more grim than any of you have felt.

The show stumbled on ep 01 thanks to some very bad graphics gaffes, and hell even I jumped on the hate bandwagon for it. But some of the eps were damned good. The first disppearance had awesome tunes for an anime.

The show might seem rushed, but at least it hasn't been a 'didn't know when to fucking quit' series like Inuyasha/Bleach/Naruto where they churn out eps just for the sake of it.

I liked the ending. It was sweet. I liked that I also looked at the scene following the credits. Don't miss that part.

This might be the end, but then, it might lead to something else too. No I have not read any mangas by the way. I often make my thoughts solely based on what I saw in film.

I'm glad I gave the show a second chance, it was worth it.

Raika

uguu
Trophies
XP
Country
I kinda liked this anime, especially the ending, was really sad. This anime could've been better if it explained the deaths of more people and elaborated on their pasts... It left too many questions unanswered.

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
pitman said:
Everybody resolving their "regrets" off screen pissed me off, why does a graduation make you disappear ?
Its not like every character regretted graduating high-school...

Maybe in 4 years we'll get Angel Beats 2014 (like Kanon 2006
tongue.gif
).

I have had it with Jun Maeda/KEY adaptations, first Clannad ~AF~ then this, the next time there is something by them I'll skip it (Air is still good in my book).
The graduation did not make them disappear , they was just postponing their disappearance to spent their last time together :/

shlong said:
QUOTE(pitman @ Jun 19 2010, 02:57 PM) I immediately thought of this:
the_architect.jpg

Should have been 26 episodes...
rofl.gif
rofl.gif
rofl.gif
rofl.gif
rofl.gif
rofl.gif

I see where you coming from
rofl.gif