Hacking Android OS on Switch Ultimate Discussion Thread

Rahkeesh

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You have to do it wirelessly, or else put things on the 2g fat32 part and then transfer them over to "internal" memory in TWRP.

Skur3byk

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Well, i got a problem, i flashed gapps and shield add-on, i am able to boot into android but on setup google services stop working and pop-up shows every 5 secs or so... And when i do finish the setup eventually, i got black screen with back button and i cannot do anything other than power it off.. i wiped dalvik after installing...
Any help much appreciated.

D

Deleted User

On the custom dolphin, how are folks changing their inputs to their joycon buttons? I'm not seeing an option anywhere?

Edit: 2 seconds later I found it lol. Ignore this.

Last edited by ,

1NOOB

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Well, i got a problem, i flashed gapps and shield add-on, i am able to boot into android but on setup google services stop working and pop-up shows every 5 secs or so... And when i do finish the setup eventually, i got black screen with back button and i cannot do anything other than power it off.. i wiped dalvik after installing...
Same here except the starting screen thing keep starting again and again non stop it finish i see a wallpaper a back button then poof the setup start again

Reactions: Skur3byk

eskinner3742

GBAtemp Professional Lurker
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

I had the same issue at first, I fixed it by reflashing my sd then jumped right into Android without flashing gapps or shieldifier in TWRP. Works fine for me as I sideload all my apps

Pancakefatty

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Apologies in advance for my stupid questions

1) my Switch has never been modded,would I still be able to do this?

2) is a Payload injector required? (going by a tutorial off YouTube)

eskinner3742

GBAtemp Professional Lurker
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Apologies in advance for my stupid questions

1) my Switch has never been modded,would I still be able to do this?

2) is a Payload injector required? (going by a tutorial off YouTube)

Yes a payload injector is required to push hekate which is used to boot into Android. If youre starting from the beginning I'll point you to this guide: https://switch.homebrew.guide/gettingstarted/checkingrcm

This should give you an idea of what it takes to get into RCM and push a payload. Once you get the test payload working (hopefully you don't have a patched console) you can jump to this guide to set up android: https://gbatemp.net/threads/noob-fr...rial-how-to-get-android-on-the-switch.544625/

Personally, I don't like youtube tutorials because while they simplify the steps, they tend to skim the details of what you're actually doing to your console. It's good to be educated so you'll know how to troubleshoot when things get bumpy.

Flavindapple

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

This happened to me as well using stock gapps. On second attempt I used pico and the issue went away. Could be coincidence though

Reactions: Skur3byk

Pancakefatty

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Thank you for the reply and links. My switch is definitely not patched

Regarding the 'Payload injector' I can't seem to find any on eBay AU. is this necessary or would a USB Cable connected to my laptop work too?

plasma

GBAtemp's Artificial Lifeform
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Thank you for the reply and links. My switch is definitely not patched

Regarding the 'Payload injector' I can't seem to find any on eBay AU. is this necessary or would a USB Cable connected to my laptop work too?
I use Rekado (https://github.com/MenosGrante/Rekado) by connecting the Switch to my phone to send over payloads. I don't know what phone you have but it could be worth a look.

nero99

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
does anyone know if there is a way to make any of the android image installs use say a whole 400GB card instead of having 128GB used and the rest un used?

D

Deleted User

ANynoe found any nice windows/android mouse and keyboard (but not screen) sharing program/app that's free? Would like to use mouse and keyboard on it as a third screen without moving them over to the dock.

XC-3730C

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I up my sets (eg. Genesis) to Google Drive, and then download it with Chrome, then extract them to the appropriate location.
Why cant you just connect your microSD card with Android to your PC and transfer ROMS to it that way?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: ballcock