Android or iOS?

Android or iOS?

• Total voters

ilman

Gbatemp's Official Noise Eraser
Trophies
XP
Country
Android wins for me, too, but there are two issues I have with it, which I wish Google improves:
1. Games selection: There are just not enough games there, unlike in the App Store. I can name at least 10 games out of the top of my mind that I really want to have on my Android.
2. The Lag, Dear God the lag: The Optimus 2x(my phone) was powerful two years ago and mine came with Android 2.2. That ran OK, but after I updated to 2.3 lag spikes started appearing in the menus and multi-tasking went to hell. Now I'm on an ICS custom ROM and it isn't better at all. I guess this is more LG's fault than Google's, but if my friend's Galaxy Nexus can run Jelly Bean lagless with worse specs than my phone, then there's definitely something wrong here. Actually, the main reason for me to update to ICS was Chrome, since Opera or any other Internet browser on Android wasn't very good, but there's lag all over Chrome.

Joe88

[λ]
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Android wins for me, too, but there are two issues I have with it, which I wish Google improves:
1. Games selection: There are just not enough games there, unlike in the App Store. I can name at least 10 games out of the top of my mind that I really want to have on my Android.
2. The Lag, Dear God the lag: The Optimus 2x(my phone) was powerful two years ago and mine came with Android 2.2. That ran OK, but after I updated to 2.3 lag spikes started appearing in the menus and multi-tasking went to hell. Now I'm on an ICS custom ROM and it isn't better at all. I guess this is more LG's fault than Google's, but if my friend's Galaxy Nexus can run Jelly Bean lagless with worse specs than my phone, then there's definitely something wrong here. Actually, the main reason for me to update to ICS was Chrome, since Opera or any other Internet browser on Android wasn't very good, but there's lag all over Chrome.
the galaxy nexus has double the ram and the processor is faster then a 1ghz tegra 2
512MB is really low these days, 2GB is now becoming the standard
the 1GB the nexus has can run 4.2.2 fine (as long as you dont go crazy with tons of different apps open at the same time)

ilman

Gbatemp's Official Noise Eraser
Trophies
XP
Country
That was going to be my point. If your phone was showing signs of lag in 2.3 I'm not surprised at all that ICS made them worse.

(Psst. Get a Nexus 4.)

Nah, I'll wait for a Nexus 5, since my scolarship won't be arriving sooner than the release date of tegra 4 devices. The tegra 4 sounds like a big upgrade over tegra 3. :lol:

P

pasc

iOS.

I'm fond of my iPad, I really love it, but I do like how customizable Android OS is. I can play PSone games without voiding the warranty.
And thats the reason why I would NEVER buy an iOS device without being able to Jailbreak it.

Started with the iPod Touch and got myself a iPhone nowadays.

My family is funny however.

First I got an iDevice, (sold my brother my iPod).
Next my Sis got herself a Android Device (Galaxy S2 if memory serves right) and my father got himself an Android
One more person got a small hand sized Android.

So its like 3:2 for Android in our house....

Haloman800

a real gril
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you like simplicity, go with iOS.

If you like customization, go with Android.

If you like pleasuring Microsoft and having zero apps, go with Windows Phone.

jonthedit

Trophies
XP
Country
Bangladesh
I can play PSone games without voiding the warranty.
Jailbreaking does not void your warranty. However using hardware exploits does.
The evasi0n JB doesn't void warranty so you would be able to play PSone games on your iPad.
(Though, not that you'd want to, zodttd is not in the mood to update Psx4iOS

trigger_ftu

The FantomPhox
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
personally i like android, i am all for customization and open systems. as i see it a person looking for more openness and more freedom generally go for android, some that have had bad experiences are generally of those that ether get a low end device and always expecting more out of it. as for the apple device i have seen that it is more for those of the simplistic, very simple design and also closed, now i won't say that this is a bad thing, but i will say as an owner of both android and apple devices i've seen more poor quality in apple devices than i have out of android. running my nexus 7 no problems very good video quality, same with the ipad mini, but as for games and such not so much. as a gamer i generally look for quality in a product, and apple is definitely not for that, much pixilization like running a gamecube game on the wii with out the interlace features. with my nexus i've never seen this issue with anything. now i know there will be people that may disagree, and you are in for your opinion. so this is my out look on the whole apple vs android thing.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    The snack that smiles back, Ballsack!
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @BakerMan @I-need-help-with-wup-wiiu...