Yuriko_o

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hey,
I found a TWRP ROM for the Samsung Galaxy Note 20 and I would like to install it on my phone, but the problem is that my phone is on Android 13 and the rom is only compatible (I think) for Android 11. (that's what's advertised on the GitHub)

But because there's no big difference between Android 11 and 13, I'm still asking if I can install it on my phone.

Edit : Here's the link of the rom : https://github.com/TeamWin/android_device_samsung_c1s/tree/android-11

Attachments

• Screenshot_20231011_185835_Settings.jpg
    Screenshot_20231011_185835_Settings.jpg
    267.8 KB · Views: 49
  • Screenshot_20231011_185838_Settings.jpg
    Screenshot_20231011_185838_Settings.jpg
    333.8 KB · Views: 38
  • Screenshot_20231011_185928_Settings.jpg
    Screenshot_20231011_185928_Settings.jpg
    296.3 KB · Views: 36
Last edited by Yuriko_o,

elk1007

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Its unlikely to work as Android 13 has far less support for TWRP. I installed linageOS and could not get TWRP to work with 13 while it worked fine on 12.

Smoker1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does LinageOS allow for Enabling the FM Radio Feature? My Note 10+ has it, but apparently at some point, Samsung turned off the Feature.
Need for:
SM-N960U - Note 9+
SM-N975U - Note 10+

Last edited by Smoker1,

elk1007

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does LinageOS allow for Enabling the FM Radio Feature? My Note 10+ has it, but apparently at some point, Samsung turned off the Feature.
Need for:
SM-N960U - Note 9+
SM-N975U - Note 10+

I'm not sure about that. Lineage does add some features but I don't know if FM radio is one of them (especially if it's been disabled for some reason on stock roms).
I do know that FM radio requires a headphone AUX jack to use as antennae. If your device only has USB-C you might be SOL.

linuxares

The inadequate, autocratic beast!
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
And the replacement for it would be....?
There isn't one. Recoveries such as TWRP isn't no more. Orangefox is dead as well. So is a lot of them. Since they don't have any recovery partition any longer.

You basically need to use the recoveries provided with your custom rom. They're baked in now days. So back to PC and use ADB and Fastboot commands.

Reactions: elk1007

Yuriko_o

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
There isn't one. Recoveries such as TWRP isn't no more. Orangefox is dead as well. So is a lot of them. Since they don't have any recovery partition any longer.

You basically need to use the recoveries provided with your custom rom. They're baked in now days. So back to PC and use ADB and Fastboot commands.
Thanks for your help, and how can I know if a rom have one ?

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States

Ugh, We're moving backwards... I HATE using adb and fastboot. They never want to connect for me. I just have that luck with connecting over serial connections.

linuxares

Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Ugh, We're moving backwards... I HATE using adb and fastboot. They never want to connect for me. I just have that luck with connecting over serial connections.
Oh I totally agree... I HATE not being able to do a full backup and restore... damn you Google!

Reactions: Jayro

linuxares

Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
For now, I just wanted to install magisk on my phone. And for precaution, I wanted to install TWRP.
Ah that might be a bit of an issue.

Let me see if I can find anything. Magisk is normally really easy to install.

EDIT: Oh you're in luck!

https://www.samsungsfour.com/tutorials/how-to-root-galaxy-note20-note20-ultra-5g-using-magisk.html

But DOWNLOAD magisk from here: https://github.com/topjohnwu/Magisk/releases/tag/v26.3

EDIT2: On Pixel we use Pixelflasher or Google's official flasher to update, but Pixelflasher seem to do a lot what Odin3 do.

Yuriko_o

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
But I think it would be cool to have a custom rom. I will look for some. I will recontact you via the forum if I have more questions.
Post automatically merged:

Oh I totally agree... I HATE not being able to do a full backup and restore... damn you Google!
The titane backup thing don't work no more?

Ah that might be a bit of an issue.

Let me see if I can find anything. Magisk is normally really easy to install.

EDIT: Oh you're in luck!

https://www.samsungsfour.com/tutorials/how-to-root-galaxy-note20-note20-ultra-5g-using-magisk.html

But DOWNLOAD magisk from here: https://github.com/topjohnwu/Magisk/releases/tag/v26.3

EDIT2: On Pixel we use Pixelflasher or Google's official flasher to update, but Pixelflasher seem to do a lot what Odin3 do.
The tutorial seems sketchy, like it was written with ChatGPT, do I have to be worried ?

linuxares

Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
But I think it would be cool to have a custom rom. I will look for some. I will recontact you via the forum if I have more questions.

The titane backup thing don't work no more?

The tutorial seems sketchy, like it was written with ChatGPT, do I have to be worried ?
It honestly follows the right steps. I can't say about the Odin3 part since I don't own a Samsung.

Titanium Backup doesn't work well any longer. The new backup utility of apps is Swift Backup, it's so good I even bought the premium version.

EDIT: Just a warning, Knox will be trigged by Magisk so you might need to use this later - https://xdaforums.com/t/app-xposed-magisk-knoxpatch-v0-6-1-restore-samsung-knox-features.4549179/

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
Since we're here, is there an easy way to install LineageOS on a Galaxy S21 Ultra (Snapdragon SoC)? I finally have the phone fully paid off, so I can void the warranty. (But I also wanna backup the full ROM as well, or find the stock ROM image online somewhere.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto