Hacking And Super Secret arm11/9 3ds 11+ exploit has been patched.

JCCG1989

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
This is all really interesting. What kind of elevated permissions would slowhax get? (Loving the name btw, patience is a virtue?) Shouldn't it technically allow you to install legit .cias? Memchunkhax2 only allowed this becausd it was built into stuff like a .cia installer in the first place, yes? (NASA).

Of course, waiting 20min for it to even execute is not really.... Fun.

I know the primary goal would be to enable a "fr3e way of d0wngrading", but still...

I'm curious as to wtf is nintendo up to when they get to patching duties, they somehow fix stuff that wasn't even exploited/public, yet they seem to be incredibly ignorant at fixing such an easy thing like Dsiwarehax, or making the min ver. list to execute the homemenu 11.0nfirm.
At this point either they're stupid or they want this to keep happening.

Of course they WANT, it's a calculated risk, remember DSiWare method requires buy a legic title, requires a system transfer, making the process profitable with software and console sells and trackeable, more convenient with previous "free" downgrades.

Alex658

Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
Of course they WANT, it's a calculated risk, remember DSiWare method requires buy a legic title, requires a system transfer, making the process profitable with software and console sells and trackeable, more convenient with previous "free" downgrades.

It's a 5$ game... They're not really getting richer by these types of downgrades. It's better for them than the free ones (since less people do it, and those who do need to get them more sales) but that's about it.

What's this about systransfer tracking? Do you think they'll use this info to send out bricks or something? (I mean, that way legit users wouldn't brick since they don't meet the criteria) Like checking who bought the game then suspiciously transfer/re-transferred immediately? O.o

JCCG1989

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
It's a 5$ game... They're not really getting richer by these types of downgrades. It's better for them than the free ones (since less people do it, and those who do need to get them more sales) but that's about it.

What's this about systransfer tracking? Do you think they'll use this info to send out bricks or something? (I mean, that way legit users wouldn't brick since they don't meet the criteria) Like checking who bought the game then suspiciously transfer/re-transferred immediately? O.o

No, they can't "send bricks", but a system transfer is always verified by their servers, that way they can calculate how many transfers can be related to downgrades. Yes, the game cost is low but it beign available boosts console selling itself.

Alex658

Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
No, they can't "send bricks", but a system transfer is always verified by their servers, that way they can calculate how many transfers can be related to downgrades. Yes, the game cost is low but it beign available boosts console selling itself.

My point exactly. Who is to say they can't use the downgrade related data against their users? Maybe i'm just a little paranoid, don't think they'll ever get to that.

gkoelho

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
My point exactly. Who is to say they can't use the downgrade related data against their users? Maybe i'm just a little paranoid, don't think they'll ever get to that.

Even if they make it in a way they can be 99% sure it will be used only for hax porpuses there will be the 1% that will be legit and they cant risk to brick this consoles as it would be very bad on both, their reputation and on legal actions.

JCCG1989

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Not against the users, that would be kinda too bad for them but to know if piracy is a very dangerous threat.

Osmosis

Accidents Happen. Don't be one of them.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Great, so I was going to get my GW working again on 11.1.0-34U and this happens...

So if we already have A9LH we just wait for...??? what? Updates for Homebrew Menu & GW card? (again?)

ObsidiousBlade

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Great, so I was going to get my GW working again on 11.1.0-34U and this happens...

So if we already have A9LH we just wait for...??? what? Updates for Homebrew Menu & GW card? (again?)

GW multi-rom menu is already confirmed working on latest system update 11.2.0-35. I'm pretty sure this exploit has nothing to do with homebrew menu and if you already have A9LH and use Luma3DS then you should be safe.

I think this exploit is for downgrading on 11.0-11.1. "It was supposed to be an exploit which would have allowed us to install A9HL on our 11.0 and 11.1 3ds." If I'm incorrect about anything someone can correct me.

Reactions: astronautlevel

Osmosis

Accidents Happen. Don't be one of them.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ahhh...

So we're okay if we've already got A9LH. It was hoping that an exploit could be implemented for 11.x users to get on the A9LH bandwagon.

Got it.

Well, that sux. :glare:

So if we have 11.1 A9LH go ahead and update to 11.2?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Purple_Heart @ Purple_Heart: ye