Hacking And Super Secret arm11/9 3ds 11+ exploit has been patched.

astronautlevel

Trophies
Website
ataber.pw
XP
Country
United States
I don't have a dog in the fight since both my N3DS have A9LH, but if this new bug has been patched in 11.2, what's the point of holding it back until DSiWare downgrading gets patched (if ever by Nintendo, their 2DS margin is prob skyrocketing off of it LOL)?

It would seem to me that if/when the dswiwarehax get's patched this new exploit will be useless on that FW, I could be wrong but it seems that was my understanding.

Any who, thx for the info, hopefully more bugs keep popping up!
The reason the exploit is being "held back" right now is because the exploit still needs to be written. Since it's been patched though I see no reason to not release it once its been done - the second half of my message was more referring to if it hadnt been patched.

metroid maniac

An idiot with an opinion
Trophies
XP
Country
I heard someone say that he got it down to 20 a few days ago - I could be wrong, however. Either way, it's still the slowest arm11 kernel exploit we have :P

When you only need to use it one time, it doesn't matter.

I just hope it's more reliable than memchunkhax2. Waiting 20 minutes only for your console to crash doesn't sound like fun!

Reactions: xtheman

astronautlevel

Trophies
Website
ataber.pw
XP
Country
United States
When you only need to use it one time, it doesn't matter.

I just hope it's more reliable than memchunkhax2. Waiting 20 minutes only for your console to crash doesn't sound like fun!
Due to how slowhax works (ie not a race condition) it should be near 100% reliability. The TOCTTOU for downgrading titles on the other hand could be very unstable.

metroid maniac

An idiot with an opinion
Trophies
XP
Country
Due to how slowhax works (ie not a race condition) it should be near 100% reliability. The TOCTTOU for downgrading titles on the other hand could be very unstable.

Once arm11 kernel is achieved with slowhax, it should be possible just to keep asking to downgrade FIRM until the race condition triggers by chance without needing to regain ARM11 kernel privileges, right?

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Slowhax gives us arm11 kernel access, and the bug that hasn't been exploited or named yet would allow downgrading titles.
i vote fasthax to go with slowhax :lol:.....well it does kinda have to be done fast between the check and use (PS i realize it will be named whatever the developer decides....just throwing up an idea XD)
But because Nintendo is going to fuck us all in the ass once again, there is no time holding the release so we should expect it release very soon right?
it will be ready when its ready, now its burnt and revealed im sure someone will try get something out for it asap, in the meantime if your on 11.0-11.1 its easy DON NOT UPDATE!..........except even if you do you still have dsihax for now (and probably forever seeing as nintendo seems to want to leave it available)

Last edited by gamesquest1,

fpsbroski

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
i vote fasthax to go with slowhax :lol:.....well it does kinda have to be done fast between the check and use

it will be ready when its ready, now its burnt and revealed im sure someone will try get something out for it asap, in the meantime if your on 11.0-11.1 its easy DON NOT UPDATE!..........except even if you do you still have dsihax for now (and probably forever seeing as nintendo seems to want to leave it available)
how do i do dsihax? any links for tutorials?

astrangeone

Trophies
Website
www.shophandmade.com
XP
Country
Canada
seeing as you will need homebrew access to use slowhax/yet-to-be-namedhax then no unless a new browserhax is released then downgrading the browser would be pointless as you would need a homebrew entrypoint initially anyway

Still helpful for people who DSiWare downgrade for extra pennies. Plus, it's still interesting to see exploits being released!

Elveman

Just passing by
Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
seeing as you will need homebrew access to use slowhax/yet-to-be-namedhax then no unless a new browserhax is released then downgrading the browser would be pointless as you would need a homebrew entrypoint initially anyway
yeah, realized the flaw in my logic already. Oh-kay, still waiting for soundhax then

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Still helpful for people who DSiWare downgrade for extra pennies. Plus, it's still interesting to see exploits being released!
yeah im just clarifying that these exploits would be independant of any browser exploit.....while technically you probably could downgrade the browser you might as well just downgrade FIRM then perform a full downgrade the normal way back to 9.2

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I did use a bot for Diablo III though but no ban there lol