An error has occured, PSV system will be turned off [***]

clau11162029

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
As the title says, i been getting these errors when playing games on retail/memcard, followed by C2-12828-1 code had these errors a year ago but there's no actual solution so i kinda forget abt it but now i been playing more and more of my vita and now i want an actual solution for these errors. Also sometimes the games would freeze but the audio remains playing normally in the background but when i tried turning it off it got BLOD

i have tried:
-three different vita mmcs, two 8gbs, one 4gigs,
-two different sd2vitas w two different 64g mmc
-rebuilding database
-format the mmc
-restore system
-uninstall and reinstalling cfw and plugins etc

all of them are variations of "have you tried resetting your modem?", not an actual solution to the problem. I really don't want to buy another one because the prices are skyrocketing in my country to the point of switch lite is only a bit more expensive than vitas

here is my plugin settings along w errors:

IMG_20220217_062020.jpg

IMG_20220217_062134.jpg

IMG_20220217_062144.jpg
plugin.png

tomberyx

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I would try to disable or delete the "StayBright" plugin. Or try to install the firmware 3.65 because icv has never had any problems.

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
does nothing to prevent it it's yet another "have u tried resetting modem"

Have you actually tried it?
The more homebrew plugins one has running, the bigger the chance the system becomes unstable.
Some of them can and will interfere with each other.

I'm afraid your GPU is dying.
I don't want to say that with certainty but I've seen these kinds of errors before.
Aliexpress has replacement motherboards and I'm fairly certain ebay also has them.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
maybe uninstall enso, then try a retail game. your config looks good, though I don't know what starlight is. you could also try booting the system up by holding I think L, which will disable all plugins, just to see if it still does it.

clau11162029

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
Have you actually tried it?
The more homebrew plugins one has running, the bigger the chance the system becomes unstable.
Some of them can and will interfere with each other.

I'm afraid your GPU is dying.
I don't want to say that with certainty but I've seen these kinds of errors before.
Aliexpress has replacement motherboards and I'm fairly certain ebay also has them.
even wo it it will still happen

clau11162029

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
maybe uninstall enso, then try a retail game. your config looks good, though I don't know what starlight is. you could also try booting the system up by holding I think L, which will disable all plugins, just to see if it still does it.
played on retail cart, still happens

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
I would suggest reinstalling 3.60 or 3.65, whatever your FW is and try again.
If you still experience those issues then your GPU is dying, the only permanent solution is to swap motherboards.

Reactions: SonsofOcelot

SonsofOcelot

Shalashaska
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
I would suggest reinstalling 3.60 or 3.65, whatever your FW is and try again.
If you still experience those issues then your GPU is dying, the only permanent solution is to swap motherboards.
Can confirm.

I got these errors every so often when I had a lot of plugins running. So I'd disable a few and things would work for a while, and then it would happen again until eventually the whole Vita just went and died. I'd say start budgeting for either a replacement motherboard or another second-hand Vita.

Also if you haven't reinstalled your firmware yet as @godreborn suggested you may want to actually try it before just dismissing it. Part of helping users troubleshoot is triage and process of elimination and doing this would eliminate the possibility of a corruption in the firmware files causing it.

Zaiakursed

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
I see...
seems like my GPU is also dying then., A relative recently gave me his Vita (1K) and I went ahead to learn the necessary steps to achieve 3.60 Enso. but lately, that Error Message appears very frequently even when I have just updated it back to 3.74, even without MC and SD2Vita. Crashes were more frequent when the hardware is around 50% battery all the way from 100%.
or maybe it just went hot enough to have that crash message.

"An Error has Occurred. The PS Vita system will be powered off."

Surra

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
have you managed to fix it? I'm having the exact same issue but on OFW, some help would be very much appreciated!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Also touch is better.... Well at least better than the launch DS, the lite one improved that a ton