Gaming Amiibo problems with Zelda Breath of the Wild Wii U

igot6strings

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
My son purchased an amiibo for Zelda Breath of the Wild and we can't figure out how to get it to work in the game. We have amiibo's turned on in the settings but we can't get it to scan. I've previously only used amiibos with Mario Kart 8 and had no trouble scanning those. I tried this Zelda amiibo in MK8 and it was detected, but obviously not compatible with that game.
Can anyone help me figure out why I can't activate amiibos in Breath of the Wild? Does it matter if its a backup copy? We have the latest updates and DLC install afaik. I believe we are running CFW as well.
Any help would be appreciated!
(apologies if this is in the wrong spot)

sup3rgh0st

Top Tier Ghost
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Amiibo scanning is a Sheikah Slate ability. Make sure it's active and is ready to scan. Or do you mean it's not working at all? Shouldn't matter if it's a backup copy.

Reactions: igot6strings

LinkFan16

I link them all
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
You have to select and activate the amiibo rune in the game first in order to scan amiibo. To do so, press and hold up on the D-Pad and select the amiibo rune on the far right by pressing the R-Button as many times as needed. After selecting the rune, let go of the D-Pad and press the L-Button. Link will then pull out his shiekah slate and a white circle with a glowing white orb above it will appear in front of him. At this time just touch the amiibo to the gamepad to scan it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: I just Luv having CEX :)