Hacking Am I finally screwed now.

Myria

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I believe you mean only a gigabyte (for O3DS, 1.2-2GB for N3DS)? Still not that big by today's storage standards. ALWAYS BACKUP! ^_^
*forehead smack* Thanks, yes. I mean, the rest of my post clearly conveyed what might be used to store a file of the correct magnitude, so it's obviously a brain fart rather than ignorance. Sorry about that.

Lawl >.<

Reactions: WhoAmI?

tony_2018

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You were suppose to do a sysnand backup, that would save your ass from dumb mistakes like this. A hardmod would help as well.

cearp

瓜老外
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
when i see threads with titles like these, i think 'am i screwed yet?'
'how about now?'
'what if i do this to try and fix it, then will i turn my semi-brick to a perma-brick?'

regardless, good luck op.

DjoeN

Captain Haddock!
Trophies
Website
djoen.dommel.be
XP
Country
Belgium
You really get screwed if your hardmodded 3DS doesn't read SD cart anymore
Then you try to fix it by resoldering all the points on the SD reader and then when you put everything togheter again your touch screen doesn't work anymore like it should be (right upper part does not recoginze touces anymore) and it still doesn't read SD carts, replacing the Touchscreen with another one doesn't solve the problem, still doesn't recognize right upperscreen touches

That's what i called screwed (and i managed to do that)
So i'm now left with a 3DS XL that doesn't read SD carts and only 3/4 of the touchscreen works
Ow, right even when i don't touch it, the screen shakes and does start random apps, so the screen gets touches on the working part when i don't touch it
(Popping in and out the SD doesn't give you the message of SD removed etc..., that was the first error before i made it worse) So by by to it, pitty it's a launch 3DS XL and it suddenly stopped recognizing any SD)

tony_2018

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You really get screwed if your hardmodded 3DS doesn't read SD cart anymore
Then you try to fix it by resoldering all the points on the SD reader and then when you put everything togheter again your touch screen doesn't work anymore like it should be (right upper part does not recoginze touces anymore) and it still doesn't read SD carts, replacing the Touchscreen with another one doesn't solve the problem, still doesn't recognize right upperscreen touches

That's what i called screwed (and i managed to do that)
So i'm now left with a 3DS XL that doesn't read SD carts and only 3/4 of the touchscreen works
Ow, right even when i don't touch it, the screen shakes and does start random apps, so the screen gets touches on the working part when i don't touch it
(Popping in and out the SD doesn't give you the message of SD removed etc..., that was the first error before i made it worse) So by by to it, pitty it's a launch 3DS XL and it suddenly stopped recognizing any SD)

Looks like you need to level up your soldering job skills.

Reactions: DjoeN

tony_2018

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh, were you visiting Europe.... or are you a piiirate?
PS: I liked that movie.

I liked it, Ultron kept using that same dame line over and over at one point, "there are no strings on me", some shit like that. Found that annoying because the pinochio theme wasn't playing atm. Not gonna say more than that because it could definitely spoil it for other movie goers.

WhoAmI?

PASTA's dirty animal
Trophies
Website
lavanoid.github.io
XP
Country
What I'd like to know is - how do people know how to hack their 3DS and not know how to NAND backup via the GW menu? If they knew what GateWay was, how could they have possibly not of known how to NAND backup? It's pure silliness imo.

tony_2018

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What I'd like to know is - how do people know how to hack their 3DS and not know how to NAND backup via the GW menu? If they knew what GateWay was, how could they have possibly not of known how to NAND backup? It's pure silliness imo.

Easy answer for that is, the don't follow instructions all the way through and just do whatever is necessary to get the red card working. I've seen this kind of behavior before, specially when its the first initial setup. I've even helped a member on here to get him on 3.1 and I ask him to respond after he got 3.0 installed first. Right when he got it installed he never responded, basically I was trying to walk him through the rest of the process of backing up sysnand and creating emunand. So either they did it or they don't it all depends on that user. I'm not dodging bullets.

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
well tbh some people just follow youtube guides on "how to hax the pokemonz" which dont really cover anything other than the ram editing

WhoAmI?

PASTA's dirty animal
Trophies
Website
lavanoid.github.io
XP
Country
well tbh some people just follow youtube guides on "how to hax the pokemonz" which dont really cover anything other than the ram editing

I honestly thought it would be most peoples instinctive to backup, even if they don't get told how to. I guess not everyone thinks like that. I usually make a backup of NAND before I do any hacks at all.

tony_2018

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I honestly thought it would be most peoples instinctive to backup, even if they don't get told how to. I guess not everyone thinks like that. I usually make a backup of NAND before I do any hacks at all.

It seems like backup plans are not everyone specialty. Even in life.

mokonayoshi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
It's just 2 buttons (and like 15~20 minutes, depending on the speed of the microSD/SD) away, why not always make a backup? It can save your live, it's like looking both sides before crossing the street, you can't just run if you see the other side of the walk.

DjoeN

Captain Haddock!
Trophies
Website
djoen.dommel.be
XP
Country
Belgium
I got lotsa NAND backups of my 3DS XL (before messing it up) so i suppose the are useless now :D, unless you can extract stuff from it without the actuall 3DS XL it came from.
(So if anybody can use the NAND for hacking purpose or whatever, he can pm me, the NNID is still in it (i made a new one), there where no purchases on the nnid, so no worry about that)
(I got 4.2.0-9E / 4.5.0-9E (Game update) / 9.2.0-9E (Game update) / 9.6.0-24E (Online update) NAND backups of it and it has the browser in it)

But not to worry, i managed to find another 3DS XL that fits my needs (FW 9.2) (backing up NAND as we speak) and gonna hardmod it also

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
I got lotsa NAND backups of my 3DS XL (before messing it up) so i suppose the are useless now :D, unless you can extract stuff from it without the actuall 3DS XL it came from.
(So if anybody can use the NAND for hacking purpose or whatever, he can pm me, the NNID is still in it (i made a new one), there where no purchases on the nnid, so no worry about that)
(I got 4.2.0-9E / 4.5.0-9E (Game update) / 9.2.0-9E (Game update) / 9.6.0-24E (Online update) NAND backups of it and it has the browser in it)

But not to worry, i managed to find another 3DS XL that fits my needs (FW 9.2) (backing up NAND as we speak) and gonna hardmod it also
if you generated the xorpads or dumped the secureinfo_A file someone may have some use for them, but encrypted nand backups are pretty much useless :)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    NinStar @ NinStar: unless nintendo is going to start selling consoles at a loss that thing won't be cheap based on...