Hacking Am I finally screwed now.

KoopaStarRpad

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Zimbabwe
My little brother just updated my old injecting 3DS. Stupid Alpha Sapphire made him update the 3DS just when he pressed A two times, he still needs to learn how to read fast.
Now, I can never undo everything I hacked.
Or could I? I need an answer, seriously.

Askedforthis

Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Do you have a NAND backup? Usually you make a NAND backup when creating an EmuNAND.

If you do, you can revert it by doing a hardware mod. Requires soldering experience.

If you've lost it or don't have a NAND backup, you're screwed.

Reactions: Kenneth196

KoopaStarRpad

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Zimbabwe
Do you have a NAND backup? Usually you make a NAND backup when creating an EmuNAND.

If you do, you can revert it by doing a hardware mod. Requires soldering experience.

If you've lost it or don't have a NAND backup, you're screwed.

Oops. I'm sure I didn't do that, since I'm just someone who tried to (softly) mod my 3DS and wasn't sure of all the damage someone else could cause.
At least it's not TOO bad, I just need to accept some of my all-time favorite villagers in Animal Crossing moved, I have an ugly town full of bushes and need to clean up.
And ask on the GTS for some 'mons I really need. At least my Pokedex is still normal.
I was sure nothing would update my 3DS and I could use LeafTools to get my old mori.bin back, but unless there is a new exploit, I'd have to accept that.

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
pokemon alpha sapphire only updates to 7.x, unless he pressed Y to download the title update from eshop, then received the update system to access eshop prompt, then updated.....which is more than just hitting A twice to run a on cart update

Myria

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, check the version number on the 3DS.

Seriously, read all the warnings telling you that you need to make a NAND backup and keep it on your PC. It's only a megabyte. Burn a DVD-R of it or keep it on the old 4 GB original SD card that you're no longer using that came with the 3DS.

Update: Sorry, I meant that it's only a gigabyte. Only off by a factor of about 1,000! =)

Ichii Giki

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, check the version number on the 3DS.

Seriously, read all the warnings telling you that you need to make a NAND backup and keep it on your PC. It's only a megabyte. Burn a DVD-R of it or keep it on the old 4 GB original SD card that you're no longer using that came with the 3DS:

I believe you mean only a gigabyte (for O3DS, 1.2-2GB for N3DS)? Still not that big by today's storage standards. ALWAYS BACKUP! ^_^

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
truth is a nand backup actually only takes between 200mb and 500mb once compressed for any system, but yeah for people just using ARcode and never actually looking into CFW/flashcard's they probably never get as far as reading about nand backups and just stick to scanning their hack QR's

Osmosis

Accidents Happen. Don't be one of them.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you have a sysNAND backup of 9.2 or below, you can hard-mod the 3DS to downgrade it.

The bad news? You literally must modify the casing and the PCB. This is where hardware geeks like me come in handy.

Bad at software hacking, great at hardware fixing...

Pay someone to do it for you. Relax, they do it to help. In fact, they might even clean it for you and replace your thumbstick.

Did Wulfy ever find that missing thumbstick?

Samwix

Trophies
XP
Country
France
If he updated with the cartridge, launch GW Menu by the Internet Browser, go to downgrade section (don't press A) then press ⬆ on D-Pad then restore your Nand Backup

Reactions: Osmosis

Osmosis

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh that's right... web browser doesn't get updated. Could he still do a downgrade and then back up to 9.2?

SMASH BROS 1201 USA has 9.2 update. If you have Sky3DS, you can DL it and then run 9.2 update after downgrading to 4.x.

Or check if the serial number on your SSB cartridge. Find out what version it's running. Mine was sysNAND 8.1 and had to use Sky3DS for 9.2.

thorasgar

Checkout my evil Soon-in-ator™
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If he updated with the cartridge, launch GW Menu by the Internet Browser, go to downgrade section (don't press A) then press ⬆ on D-Pad then restore your Nand Backup

OP has already stated he did not make a nand backup. He has just been using LeafTools.

Osmosis

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
But did he update from home menu using a cartridge (Y) press, or a System Update (A) press?? (Y) would require eShop accesss... so I'm assuming the latter (A) press was done... in which case, no.

Dammit, that sux. I know. I've done it.

Best bet? Go get a new O3DSXL with 9.2 or below firmware (most I found were still 6.2) and do a system transfer using rxTools and then sell the old one back for $70. Or use Sky3DS on the old one and go full tilt to 9.7.

Just make sure to copy all the files from the SD card in case anything else happens. Then you can at least restore them with the 3DSXL or even install GW or NinjaHax.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Just a couple of guys taking their manatee out for some fresh air, why you have to molest them?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Stupid Chinese shop switched their shipping company and this one is slooooooow.
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    STOP BUYING CHINESE CRAP THEN
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    SUPPORT LOCAL PRODUCTS, MAKE REVOLUTION
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THEY KEEP REMOVING LOCAL SHIt AND REPLACING WItH INFERIOR CHINESE CRAP
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THATS WHY MY PARTNER CANT GET A GOOTWEAR HIS SIZE ANYMORE
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    HE HAS BIG FOOT AND BIG DUCK
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    d*ck i mean*
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    lol
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Mkay.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I just ordered another package from China just to spite you.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Communism lol
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    OUR products
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @LeoTCK actually good quality products are dying out because they can't compete with dropshipped chinese crap
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    @LeoTCK is your partner the sascrotch or smth?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Good morning
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Out of nowhere I got several scars on my forearm and part of my arm and it really itches.
  • AdRoz78 @ AdRoz78:
    Hey, I bought a modchip today and it says "New 2040plus" in the top left corner. Is this a legit chip or was I scammed?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    @AdRoz78 start a thread and post a photo of the chip.
    +2
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Yawn
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    and good morning everyone
    +1
    S @ salazarcosplay: and good morning everyone +1