Hacking Alternative firmwares for M3

Status
Not open for further replies.

NReale3370

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Kudos so happy to see Wood back on my M3! I was getting ready to order an R4i Gold before long here...

RchUncleSkeleton

Skeletron 9000
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Thank you so much gaboros! You rock dude! I was beginning to think that no one would update wood for the m3 but you have done so and I as well as many others owe you our gratitude!

Yes I know you are updating YSM3 as well but the gui on YS Menu is just awful and I can't stand to look at it and the fact that certain games need to be decrypted to work is somewhat annoying... I still appreciate your work on both firmwares but wood is by far the better firmware.

FlameTai1

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Quick couple of questions.... Does this happen to work with M3i Zero z003? Or no? =/ Hoping yes? lol And does this fix Golden Sun Dark Dawn? o= And anyone know of anything that will make Golden Sun Dark Dawn work on the M3i Zero z003? =[ *Getting desperate*

TheLostSabre

Naberius the Nauseous
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
This is for the M3 Real right?
unsure.gif

Sorry for the silly question, I just want some clarification.
laugh.gif

jurassicplayer

Completionist Themer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
FlameTai1 said:
Quick couple of questions.... Does this happen to work with M3i Zero z003? Or no? =/ Hoping yes? lol And does this fix Golden Sun Dark Dawn? o= And anyone know of anything that will make Golden Sun Dark Dawn work on the M3i Zero z003? =[ *Getting desperate*
Why not just try it yourself and tell us o.0...

QUOTE(The_Lost_Sabre @ Dec 8 2010, 09:55 PM) This is for the M3 Real right?
unsure.gif

Sorry for the silly question, I just want some clarification.
laugh.gif
Yes, this is for M3Real/M3iZero

Lyomak

Trophies
Website
twitch.tv
XP
Country
Colombia
Thanks gaboros! Thanks to you I have hope to still using my M3 Real since Acekard is fu***** expensive here :S same as R4 cards (even the clones) ¬¬

Also thanks to YWG for making Wood firmware, without his work, all of us were kinda lost

mred00

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Its already been said - but thank you so much for this!! It is greatly appreciated!!!
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
CHEERS!
grog.gif

Herr_Noobien

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I like the GUI of Wood FAR better than YSM3 (let's face it, YSMenu is fugly). I'm not having any trouble with games loading slowly on YSmenu. I used to have games that took 3 minutes to load, but formatting with Panasonic formatter fixed all of that. I'm using a class 4 4GB Kingston Japan card. I'll use YSM3 until YWG releases the source code (I would rather have compatibility than a nice GUI at the moment).

FlameTai1

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
gaboros said:
FlameTai1 said:

No, unfortunately Golden Sun still now fixed. It will be in 1.18 and 1.19. But we haven't got the source code yet.

I tested this on my M3i Zero z003, loads up fine other than one thing.... I haven't found a game that works yet. Every single game I've tried loading (Some being old AND new.) Gets stuck on the black screen with the yellow letters spelling out "Loading". Just figured I would let you guys know. Same thing happens with Homebrew.

Oh, also are you supposed to format the card clean and just put this on there?

I did not wipe the card clean and just renamed the old Sakura system folder to System2 and dragged the files in and it said that there was no file system. So I took the old Sakura system folder and merged the 2 replacing the files in the Sakura system folder with the WoodR4 ones and booted to TouchPod, loaded the WoodR4.nds and as I stated it loaded the firmware but not the games nor homebrew.

So I just wiped my card clean, and just put on the WoodR4 files still no go, it comes up with "No file system"......Maybe I'm just installing it wrong?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars: @AdenTheThird I dont know anyone else that has seen Greasy Strangler. haha. Cheers!