Allegations arise of sexual harassment towards Nintendo of America's female testers

images

Once again Nintendo hits the headlines, but this time not for the "lighthearted" news you might expect, not even their obnoxious DMCA notice. Several female testers have spoken out about certain inappropriate comments, advances, and overall "frat-like" ambient that they experienced from both co-workers and superiors during their stay at NoA as testers. The allegations even seem to indicate harsh behaviours not only based on sex, but also towards employees of different sexual orientations.

The accusations have been reported and published by Kotaku just a few days ago, in quite a lengthy article going into great detail about the several stories they've gathered regarding the different accusations and claims from inside the NoA offices.

The recent claims have reached the attention of Nintendo of America's current president, Doug Bowser, to which he sent an internal message to their employees:

Doug Bowser said:
We have and will always investigate any allegations we become aware of, and we are actively investigating these most recent claims.

It is currently unknown if there is an active legal action against specific employees.

:arrow: Source #1
:arrow: Source #2

Last edited by ShadowOne333,

HalfScoper

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
(tabzer edited it afterwards from right to correct opinion)

Classic, leftists are allowed to propagate whatever they want but dare someone is from the other spectrum.
Both sides' extremes disgust me, however the leftists, especially here, are clearly worse.

Last edited by HalfScoper,

HalfScoper

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
It's ok to be whatever you want and believe in whatever you believe in, you just have to accept the fact that people have different opinions than you and if you can't handle it, the correct way is to ignore (as in go on with your life and not use the function here, closing your eyes and putting fingers in your ears is childish) those people at a certain point when you realise there is no use debating it, censoring/removing certainly isn't the proper appproach.
That being said I see myself on neither side, I do have an opinion on certain topics but I don't want to consider myself left or right.

Last edited by HalfScoper,
Reactions: tabzer

Deleted member 586536

Returned shipping and mailing
Trophies
XP
round 363 incoming sigh. It may be better if mods would just lock the thread as this is going to turn into another bs battle ground.
Because we got rehetroic here saying that "well you don't know if the allegations or true or not, the-the women could be making it up!"
And then point to a very small statistic of them (10% at highest) screaming in rage, saying that it's true that it happens "often"

and now they are circle jerking about "muh I got the right to believe in what I want to believe"
You do have the right to believe in what you believe. But don't be suprised when what you believe in is critized and blasted to hell in back because what you believe in is full of shiz.
This is pretty much not surprising considering ubisoft allegations, Activation Blizzard's allegations, and pretty much every single bit of evidence proving that within the video game industry that the work culture is toxic in more ways than one, including but not limited to the harassment of coworkers

HalfScoper

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
and now they are circle jerking about "muh I got the right to believe in what I want to believe"
You do have the right to believe in what you believe. But don't be suprised when what you believe in is critized and blasted to hell in back because what you believe in is full of shiz.
A good example of someone who can't accept that others have a different opinion and therefore will continue to debate.

It may be better if mods would just lock the thread
Because I agree that the thread should be locked, although it's weird to start with this statement and later on again trying to continue the debate.

City

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
You're either very delusional or in bad faith. The only people circlejerking in this thread are the people like you. I even got tagged a few times "daring" me to reply to trolls, for literally just saying "if you have proof, I'll be the first one to ask for punishment". Imagine living in a world where thinking THAT is controversial. An user going as far as to boast about putting people in his ignore list because he can't take the facts. Another one going around insulting people. Another one saying that gays' opinions matter less because they don't get laid with women. Mods in this website might not be perfect, but I commend the ones that have to clean this shitshow for free caused by people like you who think that certain people in our society are second-class citizens.

Reactions: HalfScoper

tabzer

This place is a meme.
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
round 363 incoming sigh. It may be better if mods would just lock the thread as this is going to turn into another bs battle ground.
Because we got rehetroic here saying that "well you don't know if the allegations or true or not, the-the women could be making it up!"
And then point to a very small statistic of them (10% at highest) screaming in rage, saying that it's true that it happens "often"

This is pretty much not surprising considering ubisoft allegations, Activation Blizzard's allegations, and pretty much every single bit of evidence proving that within the video game industry that the work culture is toxic in more ways than one, including but not limited to the harassment of coworkers

Do you realize that number represents provably false allegations. That doesn't mean %90 of allegations are true. The idea the number was brought up in the first place was for the sole purpose of making "men" appear more "guilty".

10% is 500% of 2%. That's how much of a lie just the omission of the higher range is, not factoring in the whole self-hate. If we compare that number to that of successful prosecution, then provably false vs provably true ratio gets a lot closer to being a coinflip.

Let's look at it another way. If we used the known statistic of false allegations made by men, we are looking at less than %1. Based on your reliance on these numbers (which is stupid and has nothing to do with determining one's actual guilt), it means if a man accuses you of rape, you are saying that it is even better to believe him than if he were a woman.

These number games are not evidence of someone's guilt. All accusations should be taken seriously and investigations should be concluded before assessment of guilt. In these situations, the best that can be hoped for is an honest misunderstanding.

Deleted member 446461

Trophies
XP
That doesn't mean %90 of allegations are true. The idea the number was brought up in the first place was for the sole purpose of making "men" appear more "guilty".
r/MensRights is leaking

On a less shitposty remark, 5% of allegations are false, and those "false allegations" may or may not be dismissed allegations as well. You're literally pulling a reverse JonTron, stop being a prick.

Oh, and before I forget, let's just dismiss the Gigaleak proof as "irrelevant", amirite? Just because I feel like scratching my ass.

Last edited by Deleted member 446461,
Reactions: The Catboy

Deleted member 446461

Trophies
XP
Completely irrelevant to everything I said.
Completely relevant to your "tHe AlLeGaTiOnS aRe VeRy ObViOuSlY fAlSe" claim.

Thanks for further confirmation that you don't know if statistics are real.
Backed by, exactly what? According to you, if something doesn't favor the greentext hivemind, it's not real to you. So no, birds obviously aren't real.

Oh, and on another note because I can't doublepost; I think I found something that can predict whether Nintendo's gonna actually do something about the sexual harassment, and according to this, they aren't. Oh, sure, people supporting anything that's different from what the majority thinks is political, but battering and harassing women or anybody that isn't a white cishet man isn't political at all? Is that your fucking logic, y'all "redpilled" nutjobs?

Now if you excuse me I'll go seed some 3DS warez -- Nintendo doesn't deserve money, for all I know they won't punish their employees for being manchildren.

Deleted member 446461

Trophies
XP
I didn't say that. Don't be a spaz.
Oh, really? Here --
Only 2% - 10% of allegations are provably false, so we can assume that the male is probably guilty.

Because, males, males, males.

I read about it on a gbatemp post.

By your "may or may not" (complete with source). You are obviously unhinged and enraged. Who do you think your message appeals to?
Read the page, "intellectual". The percentage of false accusations is 5%, and the journal article alleges that there's a percentage IN that percentage which represents true accusations that have been unfairly dismissed by the law.

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Just wondering: Why are there people desperately defending a corporation? Did everyone suddenly forget how every corporation is scum, Nintendo as well?
While yes, innocent until proven guilty and such (but from what I've been reading, seems there is proof, uh), I'd say its a safe bet that if a scumpany is accused of something, then it's 99% probably faulty of doing so.

Deleted member 446461

Trophies
XP
Just wondering: Why are there people desperately defending a corporation? Did everyone suddenly forget how every corporation is scum, Nintendo as well?
While yes, innocent until proven guilty and such (but from what I've been reading, seems there is proof, uh), I'd say its a safe bet that if a scumpany is accused of something, then it's 99% probably faulty of doing so.
Especially after the Activision-Blizzard thing, what the law says and the incredibly coward maneuvers AB are using to "hide" it.

I think redpills defend companies but only when they favor their redpilled views -- reminder of Burger King UK's misogynist tweet.

Reactions: DarkCoffe64

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Xdqwerty
    what are you looking at?
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
  • K3Nv2
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @BakerMan, it wasnt aimed at you but ok