Hacking AKAIO v.1.9.0, Nora to toki no koubou, White screen after load.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ty.Y.Himekawa

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi, I'm trying to play "Nora to toki no koubou - kiri no Mori no majo (J)" on the Acekard 2i with AKAIO v.1.9.0 but every time I try to play the game, all I get is a white screen on top an bot screen on the NDS.

Symptom: When I try starting the rom on on the AKAIO, I first get the usual "Loading" on the bottom screen but after few seconds, the "Loading" goes away and I just get white screen on both the screen.

Things I've tried: I've tried using AKAIO v.1.9.0 and made sure the loader is the most recent one. I've tried quick and full formatting the SD card with the panasonic one several times, trying mostly FAT32 but also FAT, FAT16 as well as changing the save size setting to 512k byte but this didn't change anything.

I've made sure the rom was not corrupted by crc on DS-Scene Rom Tool and the rom came back clean. I've also tried anti-AP patch on the DS-Scene Rom Tool but no matter what I do, the result was just white screen. I've also tried, disabling the wifi, cheat and other features but the result was the same.

The other roms are working fine on the same AKAIO v.1.9.0. This problem might be seen only on the "Nora to toki etc" since every time I try loading the game on DeSmuMe emulator for the first time with no .sav and .drv file, I get the message saying, from the game rom message integrated inside not the emulator, "Could not properly write into save drive, please restart the game" followed by "One of the user file is corrupted, press A to erase and clean the file" after reset. But after these setup, the game works fine but gives the same message if I wipe all the .sav and .drv files.

Any help, tip would be nice, thanks!

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
were you the same person who came on irc and norm said the issue was that the ap was patching twice from two different lists? if the pre-patched rom, with ap turned off, does not work then the issue is akaio related and you'll have to beg for an update.

-another world

ty.Y.Himekawa

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes, that's me, and I've pre-patched rom, with ap turned off.

In that case, should I go beg at akaio.net? Or, is there a good forum on gba.net that I can learn about patching to make it stop patching it twice?
(or maybe I should learn more about AKAIO to stop it)

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
the clean rom is being patched twice from two different patching lists, so it fails. it was an akaio issue. norm said that he sorted that but something else was causing a problem, and he had not yet debugged it. it may get fixed but it will be a waiting game.

ty.Y.Himekawa norm is aware of your issue. all you can do is wait to see if it gets fixed.

-another world

disgaea36

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the clean rom is being patched twice from two different patching lists, so it fails. it was an akaio issue. norm said that he sorted that but something else was causing a problem, and he had not yet debugged it. it may get fixed but it will be a waiting game.

ty.Y.Himekawa norm is aware of your issue. all you can do is wait to see if it gets fixed.

-another world
issue never got fixed I see and now the fan translation is complete and we are dcked lol shame

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @K3Nv2, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BLdXfFsgvkE