Hacking AKAIO 1.3rc1 released

ShadowXP

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
probably a bit of a n00bish question here but I'm using the internal name display system and all of my Japanese games are titled ??????? etc., am I doing something wrong or is this just how it is for now?

kobykaan

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
ShadowXP said:
probably a bit of a n00bish question here but I'm using the internal name display system and all of my Japanese games are titled ??????? etc., am I doing something wrong or is this just how it is for now?

please refer to earlier thread here

smile.gif

doyama

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ShadowXP said:

This is the default behavior, but with the new utf-8 conversion you can actually make this work.

1) Go to the lang_en directory and rename the language.txt file to language.old.
2) Copy everything in lang_jp to lang_en and overwrite everything.
3) Go back to the lang_en directory and delete the language.txt file.
4) Rename the language.old file to language.txt
5) Edit language.txt and change these lines
main = wenquanyi_9pt.pcf
language = 3

Now the internal names will show up properly, and the main menu items will still be in English. You get some minor font issues when you go into the rom details but its liveable. Of course I have no idea what doing this might screw up otherwise, since I don't use the firmware much more than to load whatever game I'm currently addicted to.

carterman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Gamer said:
Thanks a lot for the update.

Just a question. Bleach 2 (J & U) save problems, cannot be fixed with AKAIO, right? (I mean, we should wait for an official FW update?)

Thx for you efforts!!
I hope it's fixable by our benevolent akaio overlords, the saving problems with this game are pretty much my only problem with the ak2 - I actually have the game and can just play it that way (or with my M3 Real...but who wants to do that,LOL) but once it works on the ak2, all shall be awesome.
smile.gif

Taanyth

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Worked for everything i played, the only bug i found is that some of my saves were ignored and were overwritten.

Despite that, this is an awesome release, i love the shorter loading times and the smother navigation.

Keep up the good work!

iambananaballsso

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
everything is good, except when u press x the cheat menu should come out instead of pressing y then cheats, then select to save
the save button should be on the cheat menu also

Smiths

AKAIO Person of Interest TAGS ARE THE BEST
OP
Developer
Trophies
Website
www.gamergeddon.com
XP
Country
United States
iambananaballsso said:
everything is good, except when u press x the cheat menu should come out instead of pressing y then cheats, then select to save
the save button should be on the cheat menu also

As mentioned before. X is used on the RPG. So it's Y (rom info).

You know, i've had this retarded debate before with people who have fat thumbs and hate pressing two buttons.
I put the cheat button in the rom info window to shut people up, mapped it to "Select", and made it so you just scroll through.

i know some people are touch screen users, but you make it sound like you use your hands. therefore, i'm just calling "lazy"

ROM -> Y -> SELECT -> [select cheats] -> START

go to the gym if that wears you out

PanzerWF

Trophies
Website
zetta.l4rge.com
XP
Country
Canada
Er, after installing the new AKAIO on my AK2, I faced a crippling problem.

It loads perfectly to the normal MicroSD, Slot-2 Card, etc part, but usually when I am greeted by a nice Full Metal Alchemist skin. Instead there is no skin and all I can see is the fonts. I'm not sure what happened, but I'll see if deleting all my skins works o.o

Ronik

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

evilhomura89

Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
carterman said:
Gamer said:

Just a question. Bleach 2 (J & U) save problems, cannot be fixed with AKAIO, right? (I mean, we should wait for an official FW update?)

Thx for you efforts!!
I hope it's fixable by our benevolent akaio overlords, the saving problems with this game are pretty much my only problem with the ak2 - I actually have the game and can just play it that way (or with my M3 Real...but who wants to do that,LOL) but once it works on the ak2, all shall be awesome.
smile.gif
i doubt the team will release any fix for it...
they are concentrating on newer games and DSi as well and forgetting the old ones...

Gamer

DS Gamer
Trophies
Website
www.pikaflash.com
XP
Country
Mexico
carterman said:
Gamer said:

Just a question. Bleach 2 (U) save problems, cannot be fixed with AKAIO, right? (I mean, we should wait for an official FW update?)

Thx for you efforts!!
smile.gif

I searched over the forum, and seems the problem has been around for a while, and seems they aren't gonna fix it or they can't (I mean the official team, reported several times... some people also e-mailed them and still no fix
frown.gif
). Seems there are some other old save/bug problems with the official fw that never got fixed (seems they're a bit lazy), so, I'm loosing hope on it.

Also, according to this http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=110459&hl=bleach seems Normmatt couldn't workout the problem. So, I hope the AKAIO team can look to it once more. Of course, this isn't a urgency (at least for me), as I can play for now with my old trusty SC.

Thanks a lot for your hard work!

PanzerWF

Trophies
Website
zetta.l4rge.com
XP
Country
Canada
VatoLoco said:
The 'uiName' in the globalsettings.ini needs to be edited so that it recognizes your skin.

uiName = FullMetalAlchemist (or whatever the skins name is)

Good idea, tried, didn't work. Backed everything up and formatted.

Problem solved.

I like the improved GUI. Lookin' sharp. Keep up the classy work Smiths, Normatt and crew =)

Smiths

AKAIO Person of Interest TAGS ARE THE BEST
OP
Developer
Trophies
Website
www.gamergeddon.com
XP
Country
United States
l;atest build has support for unicode font in internal name, so no more ????????, it just loaded unicode font at startup and uses it if the rom needs it. future support will probably be for definitng the "custom font" in a skin's ini file (?if not there, just use default like the rominfo window).

this post contains drunk content.
happy new year

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    DinohScene @ DinohScene: ahh nothing beats a coffee disaronno at work