Status
Not open for further replies.

xman01

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Another World said:
@xman01: sounds to me like your save is corrupt. please delete the save and try to duplicate the problem.

Yes i deleted the save and made a new one. Same problem though.

can dms be put into an option on the game properties. i know pushing a button is simple enough but sometimes you forget. i also share the ds with my kid`s so an option would be a safer thing to use.

P.S great release, just what the acekard need`s

doyama

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
xman01 said:
Another World said:
@xman01: sounds to me like your save is corrupt. please delete the save and try to duplicate the problem.

can dms be put into an option on the game properties. i know pushing a button is simple enough but sometimes you forget. i also share the ds with my kid`s so an option would be a safer thing to use.

I kinda understand your position for wanting an option for DMA/non-DMA modes on a per-game basis. Though I can already hear Smiths seething at the mere thought of it. I'm not even sure where you'd throw such an option in the GUI, as it's already pretty full as it is. Maybe as a toggle between the ROM size and the cheats button?

For now just try to be careful
tongue.gif

Smiths

AKAIO Person of Interest TAGS ARE THE BEST
OP
Developer
Trophies
Website
www.gamergeddon.com
XP
Country
United States
doyama said:
Though I can already hear Smiths seething at the mere thought of it.

you would be correct.

we're so pressed for options. We have a lot of slots left in the Start Menu and all (since we have the "More ->" button)... but it's getting hard to keep adding but keep it all "streamlined"

If you've ever used a SCDS1, you'll know what a horrible options/settings layout is.

I say just remember tyo hold down a button really. The # of games DMA doesn't work with is far less than the number it does.

If that was reversed, then of course we'd make it more "toggle-friendly".

Normmatt

Former AKAIO Programmer
Trophies
Website
normmatt.com
XP
Country
New Zealand
doyama said:
xman01 said:
Another World said:

I kinda understand your position for wanting an option for DMA/non-DMA modes on a per-game basis. Though I can already hear Smiths seething at the mere thought of it. I'm not even sure where you'd throw such an option in the GUI, as it's already pretty full as it is. Maybe as a toggle between the ROM size and the cheats button?

For now just try to be careful
tongue.gif

All games reported not working with DMA mode have been fixed, If you find more please do report them so I can get them fixed ASAP.

EDIT: Run the wifi updater to download the new ak2 loader. Or if you don't have wifi visit http://akaio.gbatemp.net/loaders/ and download it manually and extract it to the __aio/loaders folder on your microSD. Enjoy!

Bri

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Smiths said:
I say just remember tyo hold down a button really. The # of games DMA doesn't work with is far less than the number it does.

I've not encountered a game that I play that doesn't work with DMA, but one possible compromise might be to add an option to globalsetting.ini file that lets you list the games you don't want to run in DMA mode by default (either by filename or by the game identifier).

-Bri

CoconutCake

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wifi update worked great, now running the newest loader!

Runs everything well i.e. AOE Myth. and Puzzle Quest now run fine without holding A or using AK2 loader.

mightym

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Is anybody still having problems with the Wifi Updating, Mine stops several times when trying to update anything and I have to keep resuming. I downloaded the cheat update and I counted 16 times I had to resume download.

I have an Acekard 2i running on a NDSL by the way.

Thanks

CoconutCake

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I had to resume one time to get the new loader. Last time I tried to update cheats on Wifi was before the resume feature was added.

I always have issues with the GBAtemp server though. Sometimes it's so slow for me on my end I can't even barely read this board. Other times (like today) it seems alright.

xman01

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Normmatt thnx for the new loader. carnival games works great now
smile.gif
)))

Noticed that i couldn`t get the loader on wifi using dsi. but at the same time the website was also timing out. maybe there linked .

The connection to the server was reset while the page was loading
The network link was interrupted while negotiating a connection. Please try again

when the site finally loaded the wifi on the dsi downloaded the loader first time.
Thought id mention it .

kobykaan

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
The resume function of the cheats is a great addition ..

I got sick of the kids ranting at me that they cannot complete a download of the cheat file (I know its gbatemp server thats the issue it does it with all cards not just AK2)

The ability of the resume enables them to do it themselves and finish half downloaded cheats now without me having to do it manually via the PC
smile.gif

Now if you can make it get a beer outta the fridge because the kids are to pre occupied cheating and playing games with the AKAIO to get me one then it will be perfect!

s223355

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Taiwan
Now , Yasu has released r4cce 0.85
It can transfer .Dat to Utf-8
Now AKAIO + r4cce 0.85 in T.chinese is really the best
Thank you Smiths and Normmatt

Normmatt

Former AKAIO Programmer
Trophies
Website
normmatt.com
XP
Country
New Zealand
evilhomura89 said:
can we stil use the official loader for AK2 from AKteam by dloading their latest firmware release or we can only obtain the loaders from http://akaio.gbatemp.net/loaders/

Since I've added DMA mode there is no need for the official loaders anymore, but yes you can use them. AKAIO's loaders are far more up to date and includes A LOT of fixes acekard hasn't added yet and probably won't.

evilhomura89

Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
thanks for the fast reply
now will update my microsd card

now regarding the font.pcf, izzit possible for users to use their own font?

Smiths

AKAIO Person of Interest TAGS ARE THE BEST
OP
Developer
Trophies
Website
www.gamergeddon.com
XP
Country
United States
yep, the tahoma.pcf font specified in a language.txt can be changed. it's only if the font in language.txt is that old whatever.pcf unicode one it just substitutes it. that can be bypassed by just renaming that wenq.pcf or whatever to the kincho pcf's name. But we don't support the old unicode font anymore, so if you notice lockups and problems with that as your default, it's your own fault.

the unicodefont in uisettings is a brand new thing, and will only last as long as we have to deal with my preference of tahoma's english font vs kincho's english font.

Norm likes kincho's, but I just can't tolerate it (reminds me of every crappy japanese program i had to run over there in Unicode mode. I hated that blocky crap english font)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'll reformat and have a 3tb raid0 m. 2 at least
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Lmao that sold out fast
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Yeet the cat.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Good idea
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    i thought everybody knew cocktails are like 75% ice
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Yeah but not like this.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's not like they're complaining that their Slurpee is 99% ice or something, but if the cocktail calls for "shot of vodka, shot of vermouth, shot of gin, shot of Campari, three shots of juice, squirt of lemon" and ends up being a thimbleful of booze, that's a problem.
    the funny thing is cocktails in norway are only allowed to have 1 20ml shot of booze
    so..... yeah
    we're used to only having a thimbleful of booze
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Booo.
    same thing if you want whisky on the rocks or something, you can't get a double
    but you could buy as many shots of whisky (or anything else) as you want and ask for a glass of ice and pour them in
    it's dumb
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Maybe.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    There was a comparison of the number of Ibuprofen poisonings before and after they limited the maximum dosage per box or per pill (i'll look that up). No limit on the number of boxes you can still buy as many as you want, so people argued it was pointless.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    But the number of (accidental) poisonings dropped because drinking an entire package of ibuprofen pills went from "I need a new liver" to "I need a new box of Ibuprofen".
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Here we have ketoprofen that used to be prescription-only because of the risk of toxic dosages, but then they halved the dose per pill and sell them in bottles of six pills apiece instead of twenty and it doesn't need a prescription any more. Yes you can buy more than one bottle but people simply don't.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Usually accidentally overdose of ibuprofen here is from people taking like cold medicine then ibuprofen for a headache and the combination is over what they need
    Veho @ Veho: https://imgur.com/gallery/QQkYnQu