Country
United States

Deltaechoe

The Dopefish
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
so The Legend of Zelda - Minish Cap, Pokemon rot and Super Mario Advance are homebrews that is interesting

http://wiki.gbatemp.net/wiki/Gbaemu4ds_Compatibility_List

The new Version also doesn't have any lag or need any frameskip any more in most games(most not all but some GFX problems)

I was actually about to edit my post a bit, I was only familiar with the early versions of the emulator. I apologize for the statements made out of ignorance.

steve007

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This has to be a lie (?) Site --> http://www.modchipcentral.com/store/home.php?cat=279

Acekard2i w/ Free USB Reader and USB Charge Cable (Anti-counterfeit Version)
SKU: acekard2i
Updated to DSi 1.4.4 and 3DS 4.4

If you want memory, you can add it to your cart from the dropdown menu below.

Anti-counterfeit version - Enter Serial number here http://www.acekard.com/bar_code.php to verify it is not a clone!
(Anti-counterfeit Version) Updated to work with 1.4.1 firmware
The all new and all powerful Acekard 2i offers support for NDS, NDS Lite, and the new DSi. Acekard 2 has many great features and is a great buy. The interface is by far the best of any cart available.

Acekard 2i use the technology of directly writting save file to MicsoSD card. No need to manually select save size or backup save when turn on DS. No battery needed. Acekard 2i can use save files from other flash carts and you do not need convert. All you need to do is make sure the save file has the same prefix name and put it at the same directory as the homebrew. Then you can just run the homebrew to use the new save file.

jakeyjake

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If Nintendo had stopped supporting the SNES while not putting out any later products while new games for the SNES were still coming out that needed new SNES updates then that'd be a valid complaint.

But that doesn't match the situation at all. In the case of the SNES, the unit itself is the base and the only thing it relies on is compatibility with TVs, which never became an issue. By the time TVs came out that wouldn't hook to an SNES, the SNES was long dead.

Even with TVs that aren't compatible with the SNES, there are ways to get around that, unless you have a strictly HDMI input only TV, which I have never heard of. Most new Tvs that I have seen have the screw cable input and the red yellow white input as default.

nl255

Trophies
XP
Country
Screw cable input sounds like an American thing, since in the UK aerials/antennas use straight RF Coaxial cables (http://www.scart-cable.com/series8.html). Never seen a TV with a screw-on type.

Those are very similar to the screw on type only the center pin is smaller (as it is actually the inner wire) and the outer part is threaded to be screwed on.

BloodShed

Gamer
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I wish people like you would stop bashing the AK2i. For years, the AK2i were the "Go To" team. They had awesome, quick updates on a fantastic card for $15.00. And then they stop and now everybody feels the need to bitch? And yet nobody bitches at Nintendo because they stopped supporting the SNES. Seriously, they gave you years of access to free games. Be thankful that there were still teams out there that were still updating and didn't just plain scam you.
Here's the primary difference: the SNES is no longer manufactured. Yes, it's reasonable to expect support for a product that is still being sold.

You're also assuming that every customer had owned the product for years. What about the guy that bought one just last month? How is it fair or reasonable?

Furthermore, on the front page of the AceKard website, they are marketing the AceKard 2i as the "perfect flash cart for 3DS".

midnight1001

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Here's the primary difference: the SNES is no longer manufactured. Yes, it's reasonable to expect support for a product that is still being sold.

You're also assuming that every customer had owned the product for years. What about the guy that bought one just last month? How is it fair or reasonable?

Furthermore, on the front page of the AceKard website, they are marketing the AceKard 2i as the "perfect flash cart for 3DS".

They also mark it as having "perfect compatibility"

Reactions: BloodShed

ShadowSoldier

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

But they also put updates on their site saying what firmware it works on and doesn't. And yeah their card is still being manufactured because it still works great and perfectly on DSi just fine.

BloodShed

Gamer
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
But they also put updates on their site saying what firmware it works on and doesn't.
I agree that every customer should check with their cart manufacturer before doing a firmware update. That's not really the issue. I'm simply trying to explain why it's understandable for customers to be upset about a lack of support. Keep in mind that, as new games come out, firmware updates will be required to play the games they pay for. Refusing to update is a very short-term solution.

And yeah their card is still being manufactured because it still works great and perfectly on DSi just fine.
Yet, as I mentioned, they are continuing to market the AceKard 2i for the 3DS. The main banner ad on the official site says, "now support 3DS". Right below it is the product details claiming to be perfect for the 3DS. The first bullet point says "Supports 3DS". They are specifically marketing support for the 3DS without the support. Surely you can see how this would upset customers.

It doesn't really matter what the reason is. Maybe AceKard can't handle it anymore, can't keep up with Nintendo, can't keep up with the competition, aren't motivated to continue, and/or it's no longer cost effective to support. That should be fine. I mean, the card is ridiculously cheap. However, they need to tell customers and potential buyers that they are discontinuing support for the 3DS and stop marketing it for 3DS. Until then, you should expect people to get upset when they feel misled and lied to.

That's all I'm trying to say.

Reactions: Rydian

Sicklyboy

#JOYCONBOYZFOREVER
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
While we're at it can we get you a wealthy large-breasted redhead nymphomaniac without any emotional baggage, standards, or taboos?

I mean, if you know where to find em, feel free to share the info man... :creep:

Edit - for what it's worth, RHS has a 5% off coupon through Christmas with the code "xmas2012". Takes a whopping $2 off of the DSTWO without a microSD, just to be added back on in $2 for shipping. But hey, effectively free shipping then. Works for me.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them +1