Homebrew Action Replay ROM on DS Flashcard (DSTWO)?

SonicRings

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I have a burning question: if it possible to use an EZ Flash V 3in1 to dump the ROM of an Action Replay DS (the first one) onto my flashcard (DSTWO)? And if so, would it function the same way as the real thing? It would be awesome to take my flashcard to school, insert it in my friend's DS, load up the Action Replay ROM , take out my flashcard and let them insert their legit cartridge and choose whichever cheat codes they want.
I have an Action Replay myself, but I haven't touched it in years. However, I take my DSTWO with me wherever I go, and whenever I take a DS to school, the DSTWO is always inserted. The sheer convenience of letting my friends load up some cheats to play on their legit games would bring a whole new meaning to my DSTWO.

SonicRings

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Ok... well then why not just dump it and give it a try. The GnM is a flashcart, it just can't load commercial roms.
I'm worried it might damage something. I remember the Action Replay disabled all wireless functionality of my legit games all those years ago. I was able to get one of them working again by switching over to a new DSi and resetting my wi-fi data, but while it worked for that one game, the others didn't. I can't even play download play with them.

jacobas92

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I used it on a ds lite for every game I owned when I had it. Almost all of them had online play and it never affected the wireless. I would go with Normmat's suggestion though, as Nitrohax worked perfectly and was way easier to add codes.

SonicRings

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I used it on a ds lite for every game I owned when I had it. Almost all of them had online play and it never affected the wireless. I would go with Normmat's suggestion though, as Nitrohax worked perfectly and was way easier to add codes.
Okay, I'll try using it on my Acekard 2i and will post an update on whether it works or not.

SonicRings

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Even if the AR works, I would still try Nitrohax. I can almost 100% guarantee you'll like it better.
Yep, success! I got it to work. Now what I want is to convert my usrcheat.dat file into an xml, or find the equivalent (with cheats for almost every DS game).

jacobas92

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I wouldn't know about that, I just used what came with nitrohax. Since it was so easy to add codes I just added any other codes manually.

SonicRings

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I wouldn't know about that, I just used what came with nitrohax. Since it was so easy to add codes I just added any other codes manually.
Compared to the convenience of downloading a single file with cheats for every single game, downloading cheat files for one game at a time would be a real pain.

Normmatt

Former AKAIO Programmer
Trophies
Website
normmatt.com
XP
Country
New Zealand
You are limited to 3MB of xml as the DS only has 4MB of ram and NitroHax takes up some of that. You can use the R4CCE by Yasu to convert usrcheat.dat files to xml... just remember it can't be larger than 3MB so you'll need to delete most of the cheats for other games...

SonicRings

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
You are limited to 3MB of xml as the DS only has 4MB of ram and NitroHax takes up some of that. You can use the R4CCE by Yasu to convert usrcheat.dat files to xml... just remember it can't be larger than 3MB so you'll need to delete most of the cheats for other games...
I was thinking of that, but then I thought: the Action Replay loads all the cheats on the DS, lets you eject it, insert your own game then brings up cheats for that game automatically. How is it possible that way but not this?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Keep current Gen consoles stock mod last gen imo