Dangerless

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
chris888222 said:
DStwo saps batteries!

But it's a great card. Plays HGSS and BW without any hassle and patches.

Isn't that mostly caused by using the GBA emulator? Well, that's what I've read anyway.

Anyway, I've never owned a Acekard so I can't comment but the DSTwo has always be great with me and never had any problems with it.

Other than a couple of titles refuse to soft reset for me.

Qtis

Grey Knight Inquisitor
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Dangerless said:
chris888222 said:
DStwo saps batteries!

But it's a great card. Plays HGSS and BW without any hassle and patches.

Isn't that mostly caused by using the GBA emulator? Well, that's what I've read anyway.

Anyway, I've never owned a Acekard so I can't comment but the DSTwo has always be great with me and never had any problems with it.

Other than a couple of titles refuse to soft reset for me.

The processor is powered nevertheless and thus uses up a bit more power. Programs that rely more on the CPU (GBA/SNES Emu for example) drain the battery faster. Still the playtime on the cart isn't that bad, but still shorter than the AK2i..

-Qtis

GeekyGuy

Professional loafer
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Qtis said:
The processor is powered nevertheless and thus uses up a bit more power. Programs that rely more on the CPU (GBA/SNES Emu for example) drain the battery faster. Still the playtime on the cart isn't that bad, but still shorter than the AK2i..

-Qtis

I haven't bought a card since my Evo a few years back. But now that I have a 3DS, I'm shopping for something that'll work in it, and of course, the toss up is between these two cards. Question I have is, does the processor in the DS2 run when its in the slot, or only when in DS mode. Just wondering if it basically sleeps when I'm in the 3DS system menu or playing a DSiWare game from my system menu.

chaosdarkneo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No matter what, when the DSTwo is in the slot, power is drained from the 3DS. Even if you're playing a 3DS game, a DSiWare game, or when in sleep mode, power is lost to the DSTwo.

It runs whenever the 3DS is on, due to its extra processor.

trueblu8

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have the solution. Get both cards. The acekard2i is only $11 now.
gbasp.gif

Use it for most games and then the dstwo for those other games that only it can play.

Saralizy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Both of the two cards are great,eapecailly dstwo,as it can play gba games,while the price is much higher,so i would rather try cheap ace3ds card,because ace3ds card is the cheapest card in the world,and this card has a wide compatibility,it can run on 3ds/dsi/dsl console...so you can try this card.

Alex Salto

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Acekard 2i is a nice cheap budget card now, it is a great easy card for regular users. DStwo is a featured flashcard, if you care about the extra strong features, then choose DSTwo.

Aielanor

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Acekard is pretty simple. the Supercard DSTWO are more advanced. I got mine supercard dstwo from oz3ds,which is only $39 (http://www.oz3ds.com/product.php?id_product=25)shipping included

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Playing the Judge Dredd arcade game prototype lol I can see why they didn't finish it but at the...