Hacking AceKard 2i or Super DSTwo

kofman13

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just got a DSi and i am trying to decide which flash cart to get.

is the DSTwo really the best card? the features are cool i think.

I dont mind shelling out extra money for the best ( DSTwo) but are there any cons to getting the DSTwo versus the acekard 2i?

D

Deleted-236924

Well get a DSTwo if you would want to play GBA games on your DSi.
If not, get an AK2i.

kofman13

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Pingouin7 said:
If not, get an AK2i.
damn dont care about gba.. if only ace kard had real time save, and guide, and free cheat

Posts merged

kofman13 said:
QUOTE(Pingouin7 @ Oct 1 2011, 12:59 AM) Well get a DSTwo if you would want to play GBA games on your DSi.
If not, get an AK2i.
damn dont care about gba.. if only ace kard had real time save, and guide, and free cheat
and also the auto bypass

Fishaman P

Speedrunner
Trophies
Website
twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
DSTwo cons: Price (but you said you'd be willing to shell out), battery drains really fast whenever the DSTwo in in the slot and the DS is on, even if it's not in use.

So... not really much to discuss. If you can afford the $30-$35, go for it!

kofman13

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Fishaman P said:
DSTwo cons: Price (but you said you'd be willing to shell out), battery drains really fast whenever the DSTwo in in the slot and the DS is on, even if it's not in use.

maybe i the posts were outdated, but early this year and 2010, the DSTwo had more features but more problems and iffy performance? is this not true anymore?

s4mid4re

Trophies
Website
v4.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
kofman13 said:
Fishaman P said:

maybe i the posts were outdated, but early this year and 2010, the DSTwo had more features but more problems and iffy performance? is this not true anymore?
I've heard stuff here (at GBAtemp.net) about the SCDS2 team never updating/releasing source code for their gba emulator and other software. But as far as I know, they do a good job on game compatibility and update their boot strap whenever nintendo releases a dsi/3ds update that blocks the cart. I'm not sure about those 'problems' you're talking about; maybe those guys had a crappy micro SD card
tongue.gif

kofman13

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
sorry for all these questions... now something else worries me..... yes overall i get the picture acekard is updated more and has better support and community.....
what worries me is now i am reading that dstwo has bad battery life. worse than acekard/r4 how much worse is it?
DSi with medium brightness NOT RUNNING a flash card i think is like 10 hours or 12.
what is it with acekard
what is it with DSTwo?

s4mid4re

Trophies
Website
v4.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
kofman13 said:
sorry for all these questions... now something else worries me..... yes overall i get the picture acekard is updated more and has better support and community.....
what worries me is now i am reading that dstwo has bad battery life. worse than acekard/r4 how much worse is it?
DSi with medium brightness NOT RUNNING a flash card i think is like 10 hours or 12.
what is it with acekard
what is it with DSTwo?
Don't have any statistical data on battery life, but DSTwo won't drain extra battery unless you use the GBA emulator or play any of the DSTwo-exclusive homebrews. Some people say that it drains energy when in stand-by (sleep) mode, but I'm not sure about that.

kofman13

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i also really like the acekard UI with the calendar and two screens etc...
reading now that acekard doesnt have real time save states... i guess im getting the DSTwo

D

Deleted-236924

kofman13 said:
Pingouin7 said:
If not, get an AK2i.

Posts merged

kofman13 said:
QUOTE(Pingouin7 @ Oct 1 2011, 12:59 AM) Well get a DSTwo if you would want to play GBA games on your DSi.
If not, get an AK2i.
and also the auto bypass
The lack of auto bypass on the DSTwo these days is enormous.
See: Kirby Mass Attack
At least they're fixed quickly.

kofman13

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Rydian said:
The DSTwo's battery drain is overblown.
[url=http://gbatemp.net/t289020-the-ultimate-ds...ad-in-the-world]http://gbatemp.net/t289020-the-ultimate-ds...ad-in-the-world[/url]
yeah... damn Lite has alot more battery life than the DSi i got today... maybe shoulda got the lite... LOL!

Posts merged

QUOTE(ron975 @ Oct 1 2011, 02:45 AM) Pingouin, that was 1 game.
Get a DSTWO, it's better in nearly every aspect.

Also, if you need help setting up, look at my signature.
biggrin.gif
will do

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
Pingouin7 said:

nintendo updated their AP code a few months back. kirby had something like 300 check-sums which had to be manually patched. the new AP code can not be automatically bypassed (not talking about "clean" mode, btw).

QUOTE(kofman13 @ Sep 30 2011, 07:10 PM) the dstwo review on gbatemp is probably out dated but it says it doesnt have 100% compatibility

it is outdated and the ds2 still does not have 100% compatibility. there are still homebrew projects and roms which do not load. SC is great about rom fixes so some of what was reported in that review is now fixed.

keep in mind that we are not going to update each review with a round of fresh testing everytime a kernel update is released. its up to the user to start with a review and complete research by reading up on what has taken place since that point.

-another world

kofman13

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Another World said:
Pingouin7 said:

nintendo updated their AP code a few months back. kirby had something like 300 check-sums which had to be manually patched. the new AP code can not be automatically bypassed (not talking about "clean" mode, btw).

QUOTE(kofman13 @ Sep 30 2011, 07:10 PM) the dstwo review on gbatemp is probably out dated but it says it doesnt have 100% compatibility

it is outdated and the ds2 still does not have 100% compatibility. there are still homebrew projects and roms which do not load. SC is great about rom fixes so some of what was reported in that review is now fixed.

keep in mind that we are not going to update each review with a round of fresh testing everytime a kernel update is released. its up to the user to start with a review and complete research by reading up on what has taken place since that point.

-another world
is there a current list of what the DSTwo is not compatible with?

trueblu8

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Don't know if it's been mentioned but another thing dstwo has is a snes emulator so you can play games like super street fighter: the new challengers. I was going to get the acekard2i but I think just because of that I'm going to order a dstwo instead.

UPDATE: Got both cards. They both have snes emulators that work with them.

Qtis

Grey Knight Inquisitor
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
trueblu8 said:
Don't know if it's been mentioned but another thing dstwo has is a snes emulator so you can play games like streetfighter alpha 2. I was going to get the acekard2i but I think just because of that I'm going to order a dstwo instead.

Remember that the DSTwo SNES emu is far from perfect and has a few problems. Same goes for the GBA emu. Otherwise a great cart
smile.gif

-Qtis

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Jayro, I don't see whats so special about the DS ML, its just a DS lite in a phat shell. At least the phat model had louder speakers, whereas the lite has a much better screen.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    They probably said "Hey, why not we combine the two together and make a 'new' DS to sell".
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's a DS Lite in a slightly bigger DS Lite shell.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's not a Nintendo / iQue official product, it's a 3rd party custom.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Nothing special about it other than it's more comfortable than the Lite
    for people with beefy hands.
    +1
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    I have yaoi anime hands, very lorge but slender.
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    I'm Slenderman.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I have hands.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    imagine not having hands, cringe
    +1
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    ESPECIALLY for things I do to myself :sad:.. :tpi::rofl2: Or others :shy::blush::evil:
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @SylverReZ if you could find a v5 DS ML you would have the best of both worlds since the v5 units had the same backlight brightness levels as the DS Lite unlockable with flashme
    but that's a long shot
    i think only the red mario kart edition phat was v5
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    A woman with no arms and no legs was sitting on a beach. A man comes along and the woman says, "I've never been hugged before." So the man feels bad and hugs her. She says "Well i've also never been kissed before." So he gives her a kiss on the cheek. She says "Well I've also never been fucked before." So the man picks her up, and throws her in the ocean and says "Now you're fucked."
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    lmao
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    anyways, we need to re-normalize physical media

if i didn't want my games to be permanent, then i'd rent them
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Agreed, that why I try to buy all my games on disc, Xbox anyways. Switch games (which I pirate tbh) don't matter much, I stay offline 24/7 anyways.
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    I don't pirate them, I Use Them :mellow:. Like I do @BigOnYa 's couch :tpi::evil::rofl2:
    +1
  • cearp @ cearp:
    @BakerMan - you can still "own" digital media, arguably easier and better than physical since you can make copies and backups, as much as you like.

The issue is DRM
  • cearp @ cearp:
    You can buy drm free games / music / ebooks, and if you keep backups of your data (like documents and family photos etc), then you shouldn't lose the game. but with a disk, your toddler could put it in the toaster and there goes your $60

:rofl2:
  • cearp @ cearp:
    still, I agree physical media is nice to have. just pointing out the issue is drm
  • rqkaiju2 @ rqkaiju2:
    i like physical media because it actually feels like you own it. thats why i plan on burning music to cds
  • cearp @ cearp:
    It's nice to not have to have a lot of physical things though, saves space
    +1
    cearp @ cearp: It's nice to not have to have a lot of physical things though, saves space +1