Hacking Acecard or M3 or R4i ?

mullenlegend

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
there are some sites in the US which sell flash kits, but all flash kits come from china. however, you are simply asking which sites stock flash kits from china and ship out of the US? try realhotstuff.com but you might want to read THIS first.

-another world
No, I am asking what sites carry the Acekard2i 3ds in the US and ship to US. I can find tons that ships from China to US. I am looking for a shorter delivery time.

GrJk

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No, I am asking what sites carry the Acekard2i 3ds in the US and ship to US. I can find tons that ships from China to US. I am looking for a shorter delivery time.

Leetmod.com does sometimes. (kind of an item to item thing)
They were not bad speed wise when I got my R4 card, don't remember how long it took though.

Just watchout cause they sell 3rd party stuff too (but it'll be noted in the text if it is)

Fast for this item is not easy. etcome took 3 weeks.

GrJk

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just got my Acekard2i's, that took a while.
(I didn't order it, but they gave me the Christmas version, which is exactly the same but in a festive box.)

I loaded AKAIO on them and they work fine! Much simpler and cleaner setup than my R4.
(Though not a fan of the spring loading, which I was glad R4 did away with.)

Of course moment of truth is when my friends try it on theirs.

Recently-manufactured Acekard 2i's will work on the latest menus for all consoles.

Ones made a month or two ago might not support the latest 3DS menu out of the box, but the DSi hasn't had an update in quite some time.

So basically, buying an Acekard 2i now will guarantee OOTB DSiXL support, and 3DS support after the Prince Caspian flash.
So if the cart reads as the Prince Caspian game, it should just work in a 3DS?

Thx

Gave my friends the Acekard2i's and it worked in the DSiXL & 3DS without a hitch :)

Thx again!

Janthran

Solarian
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
AK2i is your best bet. I've had one for quite a while now and it still hasn't died on me. It's easy to use, has great quality and is updated pretty fast, usually around the same time as DSTWO.
Excluding the last time, where they were just waiting an extra TWO WHOLE WEEKS before that second update came out.
#FirstWorldProblems

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
The Ak2i stopped getting updates for the 3DS (we don't know about the DSi since the last DSi update was within the last 24 hours), so if the 3DS ever gets updated to 4.4.x or 4.5.x it'll stop working... and unfortunately online access and new 3DS games will want firmware updates.

So if you're looking for a cart for the 3DS, I heavily suggest an alternative to the AK2i.

http://gbatemp.net/t290097-which-flash-cart-should-i-get

GrJk

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The Ak2i stopped getting updates for the 3DS (we don't know about the DSi since the last DSi update was within the last 24 hours), so if the 3DS ever gets updated to 4.4.x or 4.5.x it'll stop working... and unfortunately online access and new 3DS games will want firmware updates.

So if you're looking for a cart for the 3DS, I heavily suggest an alternative to the AK2i.

http://gbatemp.net/t290097-which-flash-cart-should-i-get

Would it still be able to play old roms and such w/out the update, or would it just not work at all?
Still where do I buy?

R4 was great for DSL R4i is just a hunk of plastic that doesn't work. any experience with the others?

GrJk

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank you greatly.

It's my brother who has the 3DS, so I can't just look. Is there a way to tell him to see what firmware he has?

Do games update the firmware to 4.4+ or does nintendo force you to update automatically?

PROTOBOY

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Acekard 2i is the best, all roms that I put there works fine, I use a 32 GB microsd card, and recognized all rooms and I can play like original DS cards.

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
Thank you greatly.

It's my brother who has the 3DS, so I can't just look. Is there a way to tell him to see what firmware he has?

Do games update the firmware to 4.4+ or does nintendo force you to update automatically?
If he goes into his system settings it's displayed somewhere. Games try to update, and internet stuff will try to update as well so the 3DS needs to be kept offline to be safer.

Acekard 2i is the best, all roms that I put there works fine, I use a 32 GB microsd card, and recognized all rooms and I can play like original DS cards.
The Ak2i also doesn't work on any 3DS that's been updated in the past few months...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: guys, would you rather think you aren't safe, but you actually are...