Hardware accidentally flash wrong .cia (flashed new 3ds to old 3ds)

Trophies
XP
i see, thank you so much so its pretty much straight forward tutorial right, will try later, :)

@linuxares i dont know but i have a feeling it will take a while before it will be release and i think there is no risk on the method they gave me?
There is a risk, of course, because you are modifying hardware. You should be fine if you know how to solder, though.

maynard14

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
@jupitteer thank you bro, if soldering is only the risk it will be easy on my friend, because his a pro on modifying consoles, but i didnt know this un brick method till i got answers from you guys, i just cant search it on google though ahah

maynard14

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
can i know the firmware on which i have on the sd card inserted on the 3ds when it brick? thx again

32zjptt.png

linuxares

The inadequate, autocratic beast!
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
i see, thank you so much so its pretty much straight forward tutorial right, will try later, :)

@linuxares i dont know but i have a feeling it will take a while before it will be release and i think there is no risk on the method they gave me?
There is always a risk when hardmodding. But the guide after that should be solid.

maynard14

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
No. Firmware is installed to the ctrNAND. How would a stock system boot without an sd card otherwise?

aha i see, im just hoping that the firmware version is written on the sd card haha, i see thx thx again, time to open the 3ds later and hard mod it to back up my brick nand

@jupitteer ill be really careful later guys, wish me luck :)

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

i hope this card reader will work on the hardmod backing up the nand

nwdke1.png

vb_encryption_vb

That hardmod guy....
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
aha i see, im just hoping that the firmware version is written on the sd card haha, i see thx thx again, time to open the 3ds later and hard mod it to back up my brick nand

@jupitteer ill be really careful later guys, wish me luck :)

i hope this card reader will work on the hardmod backing up the nand

nwdke1.png
Lol, thats not the card reader. You use that to make the frankensd.

Reactions: zoogie

GizmoTheGreen

Trophies
XP
Country
your luck may vary, all you can do is try I guess.

regarding having to know your original FW during boot9strap install, since b9s starts immediately in the boot chain I think it only matter as long as you're trying to boot your current fw, which you're not and will be doing a CTR transfer anyway. so I don't think it matter which original .firm you grab during the guide. but you can always do either the o3ds 9.2 or 10.1 that you said it was originally in the Op and you should be good.

maynard14

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
you can hardmod the nand, and inject the new b9s to load Godmode9 on boot and to a CTR transfer that should save you.
https://3ds.guide/installing-boot9strap-(hardmod)

oks i will just try, but here in the link i will show you his using a sd card adaptor and a card reader

is this enough tutorial on dumping the nand?

haha i didnt realize that i have posted the original firmware i have when i brick it, its 10.1 like u said sir, haha

Last edited by maynard14,

GizmoTheGreen

Trophies
XP
Country
oks i will just try, but here in the link i will show you his using a sd card adaptor and a card reader

is this enough tutorial on dumping the nand?

first of video guides are not endorsed since they get outdated very fast.
just follow the 3ds.guide linked earlier that's our holy grail.

the NAND is essentially an SD card in internal form. the signals are the same. the SD adapter is just a convenient way to hook it up to the card reader. whether your card reader will work is a bit hit or miss(the 3ds nand is a bit more moody or something). there is a list somewhere with confirmed working ones, google it.

just remember, if you hook it up to the PC... DON'T let windows format it or your 3DS will be dead forever...

maynard14

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
guys i already read the nand of my brick 3ds 2 times, and successfully patched bootstrap on the nand and successfully flash the patched nand to my 3ds and copy all the files to the sd card and booted the 3ds but it got blue screen

IMG_0439.JPG

Jarmenti

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
why don't you use the recovery mode? assuming that this is a stock (no a9lh or sighax) 3ds... sure it'll be updated to the latest firmware, but at least itll be functional!, then just wait for cardhax (whenever that happens). Safe mode boot, hold a+r+L+dpad UP while pressing power

maynard14

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
i have bricked it because i ashed the wrong firmware i have old 3ds xl and i flash wrong firmware the new 3ds xl firmware it thats why the recovery menu wont work

Tzuba

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I did the same exact thing when first downgrading my New 3DS except I used OLD 3ds files instead of the new one.

Luckily I was still under warranty and sent it into Nintendo. I took the SD card out and they didn't even notice it was a hacked console. Got lucky with that one. They fixed it and sent it back within a week.

maynard14

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I did the same exact thing when first downgrading my New 3DS except I used OLD 3ds files instead of the new one.

Luckily I was still under warranty and sent it into Nintendo. I took the SD card out and they didn't even notice it was a hacked console. Got lucky with that one. They fixed it and sent it back within a week.

lucy you bro aha me its over a year since its brick hehe ill try to search other thread if theres a similiar situation as mine

maynard14

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
yes, you use the hardmod to take a backup of your current nand, then apply the b9s to that backup, then flash it back to your 3ds. now you can boot .firm payloads from SD indepedantly of your nand FW. use that to load Luma and chainload Godmode9 to CTR transfer, to fix your FW.

edit: or if you want to wait, you can wait for ntrboothax that will allow you to boot .firm payload from a NDS flashcart (which ones will work has not been announced yet) but you will need a CFW 3ds to install it to the cart. then your 3ds will boot immediately from that cart, load godmode9 and you can CTR transfer and fix your FW :)

bro i did whats in the tutorial i back up the brick nand and then i apply the b9s and flash it back to my 3ds bit when i boot it it is just blue screen,,,

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
bro i did whats in the tutorial i back up the brick nand and then i apply the b9s and flash it back to my 3ds bit when i boot it it is just blue screen,,,
That means the firm was incorrect, do note that you said you flashed the n3ds firm instead of o3ds, so make sure you use the 9.2 n3ds FIRM as your "current.firm" and also try the 10.1 o3ds firm if that fails (just skimmed the thread and seen 10.1 mentioned so I assume you were originally on 10.1 when you bricked)

Last edited by gamesquest1,
Reactions: vb_encryption_vb

maynard14

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Because it's not in the tutorial on how to fix it, there is more than what is being stated to be done. There isn't a tutorial out yet.
can you give me a tutorial or partial tutorial on how to fix it pls ,, ehe

in the tutorial there is no 10.1 firmware only 10.2 i tried that also the 9.02 or 9.03 still no luck, but i didnt try 10.2 firmware new 3ds xl

IMG_0441.PNG
see this list guys no 10.1

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    NinStar @ NinStar: unless nintendo is going to start selling consoles at a loss that thing won't be cheap based on...