Hardware accidentally flash wrong .cia (flashed new 3ds to old 3ds)

maynard14

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
hi guys, i got pokemon limited edition 3ds,

and it has stock firmware 10.1

so i tried to downgrade it

but i didnt notice i downloaded the wrong firmware its suppose to be old 3ds 9.2 firmware

but i downloaded the wrong firmware

sphiqb.jpg

dpa7me.jpg

after installing the cia i got black screen i till that i didnt boot :( black screen

can i still be able to revive this 3ds xl? thanks in advance guys

ThunderbInazuma

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
hi guys, i got pokemon limited edition 3ds,

and it has stock firmware 10.1

so i tried to downgrade it

but i didnt notice i downloaded the wrong firmware its suppose to be old 3ds 9.2 firmware

but i downloaded the wrong firmware

sphiqb.jpg

dpa7me.jpg

after installing the cia i got black screen i till that i didnt boot :( black screen

can i still be able to revive this 3ds xl? thanks in advance guys
The Homebrew Launcher Image is after the Dowgrade? Or you can't boot the HB Launcher?

maynard14

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
hi sorry sir, no first i successfully launch homebrew launcher, and then click sysUpdater to dongrade i have usethis update files named 9.2.0-20U(Full)_n3DS

but to my foolishnessi didnt know my 3ds xl is a old 3ds xl model :(

i realize in the end that 9.2.0-20U(Full)_n3DS is for the new 3ds :(

so after downgrading its just goes black no screen just led on the power button

2zfl7ab.jpg

ThunderbInazuma

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
hi sorry sir, no first i successfully launch homebrew launcher, and then click sysUpdater to dongrade i have usethis update files named 9.2.0-20U(Full)_n3DS

but to my foolishnessi didnt know my 3ds xl is a old 3ds xl model :(

i realize in the end that 9.2.0-20U(Full)_n3DS is for the new 3ds :(

so after downgrading its just goes black no screen just led on the power button

2zfl7ab.jpg
Hardmod is the unique solution. I did exactly the same to my O3DS XL. Since it was on the warranty I sent it to Nintendo and they fixed it... However it was a Risk ( Of course I didn't said that I tried to Downgrade, I said that I was making a System Update and the Power Run Off).

DeadlyEdge

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Your 3DS is bricked and it will need a hardmod to fix it. Now if you are uncomfortable doing that yourself there are some on GBAtemp that can help you, you might have to pay them for their time but they can help you I believe.

Now assuming you either replace it or get a hardmod I would recommend downgrading and installing Luma + A9LH. A9LH would allow you to recover from bricks in the future should it happen again.

Last edited by DeadlyEdge,
Reactions: maynard14

maynard14

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
i see yes im screwed, but still hoping to revive it,

im comfortable in soldering i can rgh xbox 360 slim n fat so i think 3ds is kinda the same or even easy, so eager to downgrade that is my mistake really,

but i dont have nand dump on my 3ds xl, so if i hardmod it, will i still be able to revive it even without a nand dump?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Hardmod is the unique solution. I did exactly the same to my O3DS XL. Since it was on the warranty I sent it to Nintendo and they fixed it... However it was a Risk ( Of course I didn't said that I tried to Downgrade, I said that I was making a System Update and the Power Run Off).

Your 3DS is bricked and it will need a hardmod to fix it. Now if you are uncomfortable doing that yourself there are some on GBAtemp that can help you, you might have to pay them for their time but they can help you I believe.

Now assuming you either replace it or get a hardmod I would recommend downgrading and installing Luma + A9LH. A9LH would allow you to recover from bricks in the future should it happen again.

hmmm my 3ds doesnt have anymore warranty, coz i bought it 2nd hand haha , will they still accept it ?

mudassirul

Trophies
XP
Country

im comfortable in soldering i can rgh xbox 360 slim n fat so i think 3ds is kinda the same or even easy, so eager to downgrade that is my mistake really,

but i dont have nand dump on my 3ds xl, so if i hardmod it, will i still be able to revive it even without a nand dump?

hmmm my 3ds doesnt have anymore warranty, coz i bought it 2nd hand haha , will they still accept it ?

Assuming you have a valid NAND dump look on gbatemp.net/threads/tutorial-noob-friendly-nand-dumping-2ds-3ds-3ds-xl-n3ds-n3ds-xl.414498/

If your out of warranty Nintendo will most likely charge you more than its worth to get it repaired and will be wiped clean and on the latest firmware.

ThunderbInazuma

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal

I don't know if they accept it. But since you have no more warranty, you will need to pay everything ( I would buy a new one) . I don't know if without a NAND dump you will be able to restore it, but, in case you can, I would prefer to send them to a hardmodder ( since you know how to soldering you can do it) instead of send them to Nintendo.

maynard14

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Assuming you have a valid NAND dump look on gbatemp.net/threads/tutorial-noob-friendly-nand-dumping-2ds-3ds-3ds-xl-n3ds-n3ds-xl.414498/

If your out of warranty Nintendo will most likely charge you more than its worth to get it repaired and will be wiped clean and on the latest firmware.

unfortunetly i dont have a nand dump :(

but question, can i still dump the nand even if it is brick? hopefully yes

I don't know if they accept it. But since you have no more warranty, you will need to pay everything ( I would buy a new one) . I don't know if without a NAND dump you will be able to restore it, but, in case you can, I would prefer to send them to a hardmodder ( since you know how to soldering you can do it) instead of send them to Nintendo.

i see, yeah plan b is, if i cant dump the nand while its brick ill just buy a 2nd hand used motherboard,, whats important is i revive this 3ds xl

smf

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
unfortunetly i dont have a nand dump :(

but question, can i still dump the nand even if it is brick? hopefully yes

You can dump the nand whenever you want, but restoring the dump will put you back in the state you were in when you made the backup. So there is no point as it will still be bricked.

maynard14

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
You can dump the nand whenever you want, but restoring the dump will put you back in the state you were in when you made the backup. So there is no point as it will still be bricked.

i see, its clear now,, haha, im screwed,, hope i can still find a cheaper motherboard,, huhuh

i thought if i dump the nand and write to the 3ds it will boot or atleast i can enter recovery mode so that i can update to the latest firmware

what you mean sir by put you back in the state you were in when you made the backup?

Last edited by maynard14,

sarkwalvein

There's hope for a Xenosaga port.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
i see, its clear now,, haha, im screwed,, hope i can still find a cheaper motherboard,, huhuh

i thought if i dump the nand and write to the 3ds it will boot or atleast i can enter recovery mode so that i can update to the latest firmware

what you mean sir by put you back in the state you were in when you made the backup?
Think of this: you are copying whatever is stored in your flash to your pc and then copying it back without change.
So the flash is exactly the same as before. If it was broken it is still broken.
It makes no sense to "back up" what is already broken.

Last edited by sarkwalvein,

vb_encryption_vb

That hardmod guy....
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

You have no backup of the nand before any modification was done. So you are screwed. There is nothing you csn do.

Replace the motherboard or get a new console.

maynard14

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
huhu i see sir, thank you so much for all the replies, so guys be really careful haha dont do what i have done hahah

thanks again gbatemp community

ill report back after i bought a 2nd hand motherboard

ThunderbInazuma

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal

maynard14

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country

vb_encryption_vb

That hardmod guy....
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
huhu i see sir, thank you so much for all the replies, so guys be really careful haha dont do what i have done hahah

thanks again gbatemp community

ill report back after i bought a 2nd hand motherboard

Next time use the newest downgrader, it has security checks, that detects you console version and will not proceed if its tge wrong cia.

If you extract the Bad NAND and follow these steps, won't fix it?
https://github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki/Hardmod-Downgrade

No.

vb_encryption_vb

That hardmod guy....
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Reactions: gnmmarechal

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    SUPPORT LOCAL PRODUCTS, MAKE REVOLUTION
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THEY KEEP REMOVING LOCAL SHIt AND REPLACING WItH INFERIOR CHINESE CRAP
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THATS WHY MY PARTNER CANT GET A GOOTWEAR HIS SIZE ANYMORE
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    HE HAS BIG FOOT AND BIG DUCK
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    d*ck i mean*
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    lol
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Mkay.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I just ordered another package from China just to spite you.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Communism lol
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    OUR products
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @LeoTCK actually good quality products are dying out because they can't compete with dropshipped chinese crap
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    @LeoTCK is your partner the sascrotch or smth?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Good morning
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Out of nowhere I got several scars on my forearm and part of my arm and it really itches.
  • AdRoz78 @ AdRoz78:
    Hey, I bought a modchip today and it says "New 2040plus" in the top left corner. Is this a legit chip or was I scammed?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    @AdRoz78 start a thread and post a photo of the chip.
    +2
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Yawn
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    and good morning everyone
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @BakerMan, his partner is Luke
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    Sup nerds
    +1
  • Flame @ Flame: