Hacking Accidentally deleted vita shell

jackjones

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hello I am a newbie on this site,

My niece was playing with my vita and accidentally deleted vita shell! I went into molecule and reinstall the vitashell vpk v1.82 and I got the error: 0x80010016. (i also tried version 1.9 and got the same issue)

I tried to follow the restore vita shell on henkaku enso 3.65 guide by Erfg1 to restore vita shell however I am running a mac and unable to get qcma and PSVIMGTOOLS-FRONTEND to work properly.

Any ideas on what to do next?

Thank you

jackjones

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom

My niece was playing with my vita and accidentally deleted vita shell! I went into molecule and reinstall the vitashell vpk v1.82 and I got the error: 0x80010016. (i also tried version 1.9 and got the same issue)

I tried to follow the restore vita shell on henkaku enso 3.65 guide by Erfg1 to restore vita shell however I am running a mac and unable to get qcma and PSVIMGTOOLS-FRONTEND to work properly.

Thank you
Just to add, I am using 32gn original memory card and running henkaku enso 3.65

D

Deleted User

Thank you
I can't really help you but
the vpk is definitely not broken because you would get 0x8010113d if it was
since your having problems installing the best I can recommend would be trying a older vitashell version or rebuilding database then trying again

Edit: nvm already fixed in unloaded messages

Last edited by ,

Christian1224

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I crashed my vita shell it gives me a co-15009-5 error.... If i delete and reinstall with h-encore will it erase all my files?

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I crashed my vita shell it gives me a co-15009-5 error.... If i delete and reinstall with h-encore will it erase all my files?

uninstalling vita shell won't delete your games. my guess is that there's something wrong with the app.db. rebuilding the database will fix it if that's the case. to do that, go into the recovery menu (R, ps button, and the on button should be pressed to turn the system on). I've noticed that sometimes things are not ordered on the home menu if rebuild the database; other times, they are sorted. it will remove your theme too.

Reactions: atreyu187

Christian1224

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
uninstalling vita shell won't delete your games. my guess is that there's something wrong with the app.db. rebuilding the database will fix it if that's the case. to do that, go into the recovery menu (R, ps button, and the on button should be pressed to turn the system on). I've noticed that sometimes things are not ordered on the home menu if rebuild the database; other times, they are sorted. it will remove your theme too.
Will rebuilding database deletemy games?and apps?

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
no, it's rewriting the app.db (game names, icons, positions, etc.). it will remove your theme if you're using one with custom theme manager, and it might remove how you've sorted the content (if that matters to you). interestingly, the ps4's app.db will remove fake licensed content. from what I've seen, the vita doesn't do that or there's a patch to prevent it from happening. the latter is probably correct. I mean the same lead engineer for both systems. Mark Cerny is also the lead engineer on the ps5.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
didn't even think you had an account here. let me add you to my friends' list. :D

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

for those who don't know, I learned much from @atreyu187 about the vita mostly. he was one of the beta testers for enso.

Reactions: atreyu187

atreyu187

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
didn't even think you had an account here. let me add you to my friends' list. :D

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

for those who don't know, I learned much from @atreyu187 about the vita mostly. he was one of the beta testers for enso.

Yeah I have had it for a while years ago. Oh and I finally got a Wii U for $75 so I need to hack that one as well.

Reactions: godreborn

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't know about wup hax to hack the virtual wii as I used smash stack, which requires a copy of super smash bros brawl, but I've done almost every other hack/exploit.

atreyu187

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't know about wup hax to hack the virtual wii as I used smash stack, which requires a copy of super smash bros brawl, but I've done almost every other hack/exploit.

Still have a hacked Wii I never play. I got the Wii U for DS emulation.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    a_username_that_isnt_cool @ a_username_that_isnt_cool: @Xdqwerty, about to