Accessing WII U HDD? Region lock problem.

Mailo

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Hello everyone,

I have recently bought a Japanese Wii U and I am finding my way with homebrew.

I have a common problem that Super Mario 3D world will not run beyond the title screen because of the region lock even if I use Spiik, there are several games that are known not to run well. I can run the game in Japanese, no problem, but it won't run in any other language. So I have only one option left to change the contents of some folders of the Japanese version with the English version and hope it runs. For that I need access to the USB drive that I use as an external storage on the Wii U, but can't seem to find a way to access it. If I connect it to my computer it does not open and with FileZilla I only access the SD card, but not the USB.

Could anyone help me how to that?

Thanks a lot :)

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello everyone,

I have recently bought a Japanese Wii U and I am finding my way with homebrew.

I have a common problem that Super Mario 3D world will not run beyond the title screen because of the region lock even if I use Spiik, there are several games that are known not to run well. I can run the game in Japanese, no problem, but it won't run in any other language. So I have only one option left to change the contents of some folders of the Japanese version with the English version and hope it runs. For that I need access to the USB drive that I use as an external storage on the Wii U, but can't seem to find a way to access it. If I connect it to my computer it does not open and with FileZilla I only access the SD card, but not the USB.

Could anyone help me how to that?

Thanks a lot :)

You sure modding is even legal for you since you are in Japan?

Mailo

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Ettino man, I have spent two full days trying to run this thing reading online everything I could find, installing it from all sources and ways that I found and the only way it would run is in Japanese BUT you wise man have solved all my problems by telling me to use Aroma. Thank you and may you have an awesome day.

Hayato, I am not sure if that is the case, it never occurred to me.

Reactions: Ettino and Blythe93

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=COua5q4CByg