Understanding the Wii U Region lock

dhafer419

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Saudi Arabia
Hi, I was thinking of buying a Japanese Wii u since the prices are stupidly expensive,
I wanna know:
1- is the nnid region locked
2- is there a bypass for region locked games
3- is there a way to change the language
4- is the connection between a region changed 3ds and a Japanese Wii u region locked as well
5- is there a way to change the language and the region of the vwii
Thanks

dhafer419

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Saudi Arabia
1) Yes but why care when the first thing you do is factory resetting (so removing the japanese NNID) the console anyway?
2) Yes, it's called Aroma:
3) Yes and no... Well... Again: Aroma.

Rest I'll leave for others to reply.
So I can use a USA NNID?

1vb

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Vietnam
Hi, I was thinking of buying a Japanese Wii u since the prices are stupidly expensive,
I wanna know:
1- is the nnid region locked
2- is there a bypass for region locked games
3- is there a way to change the language
4- is the connection between a region changed 3ds and a Japanese Wii u region locked as well
5- is there a way to change the language and the region of the vwii
Thanks
Coming from somebody who hacked their Japanese Wii U:
  1. Yes, the NNID is region locked. You can't use an American account to log in a Japanese Wii U.
  2. Like V10lator said, Aroma has a built in region free plugin that removes any restrictions on region locking, even to the GamePad
  3. Yes. Absolutely. There are 2 routes you can go with this, either replace your language files of apps, or completely region change your system. First method works a bit well, but only 85% of the console would be translated, and might be annoying (especially Mii Maker). Second method however breaks both the eShop and the Wii Shop Channel, so you unfortunately would have to wait to reinstall games there until someone finds a way. If I were to suggest, you should follow the 2nd method. That's for the console, if you want to change the language of the GamePad, read my previous postings.
  4. I don't get this question very much, can you elaborate?
  5. It depends on which method you used in section 3. If the 1st method, follow a guide on GBATemp on how to edit your vWii's "settings.txt" file. If the 2nd, do an aggressive reset on your vWii with vWii Decaf, and reset the "settings.txt" using vWii Decaf as well.
Hope this helps! Japanese Wii Us are one of the best things ever to exist, and they're dirt cheap oftentimes.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: If just for PC I would recommend an external hard drive like 2 TB and just build your own...